NEurope
Haden

Xpert 11 Season 20: The Ascent into History

I don't mind being in an alliance with 2 people who are in different leagues to me. Not really keen on an alliance with players in the same division. But I still wish Recall all the best with his campaign :)

I won a month's VIP on a Xpert prize draw, is there any VIP features I should particularly take a look at?

I don't mind being in an alliance with 2 people who are in different leagues to me. Not really keen on an alliance with players in the same division. But I still wish Recall all the best with his campaign :)

I won a month's VIP on a Xpert prize draw, is there any VIP features I should particularly take a look at?

Cool well if you sort one let me know :D

Hmm I would try to recommend but it has been so long since I wasnt one I cant remember, the past formations thing is cool as our win loss arrows in league ask Ell he just got one! :D

I'm up for joining :P I've not had the best of starts, but to be fair my first two opponents are highly skilled.

Edited by Aqui1a

I'm up for joining :P I've not had the best starts, but to be fair my first two opponents are highly skilled.

Brilliant :)

We just need a member from the lower league now. @jayseven @DuD

I'm up for joining :P I've not had the best starts, but to be fair my first two opponents are highly skilled.

Problem Is for the lower league Is you're being promoted against 3 relegated top tier teams. Unless things really go your way you're going to be facing teams with players far higher in skill level.

Round 1

DuDs Baggies vs Emo Blades 0-1

The first match of round 1 is between two seasoned players, with the home team reappearing after a long hiatus. Despite starting off with a significantly weaker team than he left with he managed to give us a impressive stand against a stronger opponent. Well, for 3 minutes at least, when Austewon put in a beautiful header assisted by Rothwell. The rest of the match were slow in terms of chances but DuDs Baggies managed to stay cool and prevented the team from conceding more goals. Great effort for the team's first match.

Dragooooo vs Cubic County 1-2

Our second newcomer also lost at home, but, although less organized, showed us they are doing their best. After joint effort from the two teams to piss off the referee for the first 60 minutes, van Brakel put in a header from the rugby match within the 16-meter field to give the home team their first goal in the match, season, and team’s history. When everyone was about to leave the stadium reminiscing the former glory of Cubic County, Gould headed in a goal from outside the 16-meter field over a careless goalkeeper who at that time stood behind the goal drinking water from his bottle. 2 minutes later McGovern headed in another to give Cubic United the victory .

Zimmertron FC vs Fedex United 0-6

Very poor show from one of the teams in the match. Despite playing against a team with no striker, no middle field, no defenders and no goalkeeper, Fedex United only scored 6 goals in 90 minutes. We are wondering what they did for the other 84 minutes. The match started with Patton putting in the first one, followed by Platt, then a header from Howarth before he got bored and faked an injury, then Patton and Platt were being nice to each other again and traded to score(certain rumours have been surfacing since then) with Minton scoring the 6th and last at 89 minutes. Referee didn’t bother with overtime.

The Comerade Co-op vs Ganja Farmers FC 5-0

Another no-show, this time the local farmers. Chmutov put in the first goal, followed by Raskin one in each half, then Yachmenev and with the final goal by MiloRussiannamesdifficult to remember.

Hammerboys va Besaid Aurochs 0-0

Impressive performance by the newcomers, but the Aurochs trumps them all with an away draw. Despite the clueless performance from both teams the Aurochs managed to keep Hammerboys away from their own half for 90 minutes and goes back home with 1 point.

Most Important Result: Cubic Country grabs their first 3 points and solidifies their position as prime candidate to win the league.

Turned on the style: Usually this goes to the team that puts on a freakin awesome performance, but we have to bow down for someone who is down 0-1 at overtime and still wins. Cubic County gets this one too.

Most Impressive Player: Cubic County, McGovern for his role in securing 3 points in 3 minutes.

Round 2

Cubic County vs Besaid Aurochs 5-0

Wait, I take that back. Boo Aurochs for showing such an abysmal performance. Cubic Country bulldozed the Aurochs starting with an early longshow by Woozley at 4 minutes. Harley followed some minutes later. Woozley returned shortly after the start of the second half followed by Harley, both assisted by beautiful shots by Maupas. McGovern put in the final goals once against assisted by Maupas. To make sure the Aurochs went home with something, they grabbed a couple of yellow cards before they left.

DuDs Baggies vs Fedex United 3-0

The Baggies used the first round defeat as something they could learn and improve from and easily defeated the just settling in Fedex United. The match started off with two early goals from Dyer and Livett. A penalty shot was awarded to the home team when Patton held in Paine’s shirt within the 16-meter field. Pertwee had no troubles making the score 3-0.

Emo Blades - Dragooooo 0-0

Same as with the Baggies, although with an away match Dragooooo only managed to take 1 point, a point well deserved. A tightened defence and home team offence lacking in, well, offence created very few challenges for the away team’s keeper. The only one having fun is this match was the referee who handed out five yellow cards.

Ganja Farmers FC – Hammerboys 2-0

Who can be most inactive? I can! I can! Pick me! Pick me please! When two managerless teams face each other the safe bet would be the home team for the win and that’s what happened. Boulder scored the first one and Spector scored the second.

Zimmertron FC – Comerade Co-op 0-5

Not much resistance for the away team. The comrades started off impressively, scoring 5 goals in 28 minutes. Chmutov started, followed by Miloradovich, the combo breaker scored the third, then Raskin times two.

Most Important Result: Cubic County takes home another 3 points and gets an advantage on the rival Emo Blades

Turned on Style: DuDs Baggies resembles their former self as they grab their first victory.

Most Important Player: Maupas, Cubic County. Would have won anyway, but Maupas shows why he is needed in the long run.

Interviews

Battlestar Odwinicia

Ten season since your new team won their first trophy. Will you celebrate this with another?

Has it been so long? That's kinda sad. I'll be honest - with BSO by this time I wanted to be regularly competing in the top league, but last season went badly and I have a feeling this season will be a struggle too. Our midfield lacks some punch - gimme two seasons and the team should be much better.

If your players seem to be in bad shape, what do you do about it?

I get Fritjof Tygesen to stand up in front of the team. The rest of the team look at him, and then they all make plans to be more like him.

Just a couple days before the season started your upcoming striker Fritjof Tygesen was caught by the local news channel buying sex from the Cougar Corner Craving. Since then the administration has been very quiet about it. Are you ready to comment on this?

This is a lie. Whores throw themselves at Fritjof Tygesen, but he never has to pay. There was that one time where he got with Ell's sisters and Fritjof gave them some money, but not as payment - just cos' he's a nice guy, and saw they were struggling.

Bubbles FC

Can you give the readers your thoughts about this season winner? Do you think you have a shot?

Well we never say never, but the odds are clearly against us. The odds are 35-1 according to the latest estimates, and with so many big guns from last year, it could come down to the recently promoted taking points off each other to survive. Being realistic, our goal is just to stay in the middle league, and our draw with Intergalactico Stars is a good start.

When a player leaves the team for whatever reason, what can the parting player expect when he leaves?

It depends on why he leaves, if he is leaving to further his career, then good luck to him but don't expect us to be happy about it. If he is leaving because we are going to get a big sum of money, then PARTAAAAAY :D Tbh though we prefer to keep our big players, and some of our youths are looking really promising.

For years the kid team of Bubbles FC has been selling cookies to collect money for new footballs and club shirts. But last week the The Time Bubble revealed that the money always went straight to the treasure chest of the adult team of Bubbles FC. Why aren't you letting the kids keep the money?

We aren't letting the kids keep the money because there is a budget to be spent on the kids team, and they understand that. We pay to fulfil our obligation to the kids team, and feel we are generous about it too, but any excess money rightfully goes to improving the league position of our main money-makers. If we aren't making money, the kids would have to sell a lot of cookies every week to make up for what we provide for them in our budget.

Thanks for having me.

Edited by Tales

Whooooops forgottosettactics... but my default ones were probably what I would've gone for. Only drawing at home to a spanking new team? Only having one chance and conceding 3?

... Bugger!

Problem Is for the lower league Is you're being promoted against 3 relegated top tier teams. Unless things really go your way you're going to be facing teams with players far higher in skill level.

Yeah I realise that :) but I hope to punch above my weight and remain in the middle league.. hopefully somewhere in the upper half :D

Haden reporting to NE.

Everything running smoothly.

Rock and Roll God Bless Europe.

Good morning Haden shall I cut your hair?

Report for Week 2 coming this weekend.

You have been watching this thread to long man you have lost your marbles.

2 weeks! 2 weeks!

Moon reference = win.

Expected to lose my game yesterday, away to Mcoy :p no surprises.

N-Euro Elite League

Round 1

The 20th league season of the N-Euro Championship kicked off. The four teams that have played every season look to reclaim the most coveted prize in N-Europe history in this milestone season.

Eights United 2 - 1 Bayern Bru

Making their return to the Elite League at the first time of asking, Eights opened up the campaign against last season's runner-up and season 3 winner Bayern Bru.

It did not start well for Eights when two players were taken off with injury after just fifteen minutes. Skipper Ove Smerud was taken off as a precaution and was replaced by Severin Granas. Smerud was joined in the Doctor's room by Anthony Zahora sometime later.

The bad first half got even worse when Temizkanoglu gave the visitors the lead shortly before half-time.

However, Eights came out of the restart as the better team and were determined to get the equaliser. They got in on 79 minutes when a breakaway chance was finished by substitute Granas.

Emil Beck then made up for his booking with a long-range shot that nestled in Jurado's net two minutes from time, giving Eights a huge win and a good start to the season.

Battlestar Odwinica 4 - 2 Madpool

OddyOddyOddy FC was well known for being a dominant team in the N-Euro Championship's early days. Winning the league six times, five consecutively. Nobody has managed to copy that feat, not even Oddy with his new team.

Madpool joined in season 7 and have enjoyed two top-three finishes in the Elite League in that time.

Three yellow cards were handed out before Odwinica opened the scoring four minutes from time by midfield maestro Gareth Coles. Fritjof Tygesen added a second to give Odwinica a comfortable two-goal lead despite the match being almost even.

Bello added a third four minutes after the restart, then Madpool got back into it after Odwinica were reduced to ten-man. Delgadillo received a straight red then Neal Hiles scored from the set-piece freekick straight after.

Ed Kent narrowed the gap to one goal just three minutes later. However, Odwinica ended hopes of an equaliser just minutes later when Tygesen scored his second.

Roostophe Rovers 2 - 0 Leeds M.O.T.

It took Leeds M.O.T. four seasons to climb two divisions to get their first season in the Elite League, whereas Rovers were simply given a place in the top flight back when the League begun.

Leeds knew they were in for a tough match against the two-time champions and so played with a 5-man defensive line, hoping to simply frustrate the home side and snatch a point.

However, their plan was thwarted when veteran striker Gilberto Mazzoleni scored after just fifteen minutes.

Rovers dominated the game, but Leeds' strong backline managed to prevent the scoreline increasing, but substitute Efe Haspolatli put the game to bed in the 88th minute.

Dysonian Wanderers 2 - 1 Recall United

The three promoted teams all begun their campaigns against former champions. Season 7 inductess Recall United kicked off their first-ever campaign in the Elite League against two-time champions - and only-ever cup winners - Dysonian.

Dysonian showed their experience by giving Recall a tough time. Lewis Aiston putting the Season 1 Originals in front.

Futura Spirito added a second eleven minutes into the second half, but Oswald Streep narrowed the gap, giving Recall their first goal in the Elite League.

It was a narrow finish, but Recall didn't look like fully closing the gap on the experienced team. This isn't a defeat Recall should be disappointed with.

Silverdale Hotpot 1 - 1 Haden United

Haden United have the distinction of never being relegated, although they spent the first two seasons in the Lower League. Silverdale joined the league at the end of Season 8 and have yo-yo'd in and out of the Elite League since their promotion in season 14.

Silverdale stunned United when Clifford Hope put them in front after just five minutes. The first half saw Silverdale finish with ten men after Kevin Morrow's straight red.

Despite the disadvantage, Silverdale kept United at bay, and had a chance to make it 2-0 when they were awarded a penalty in the 65th minute. However, Shawn Sidwell, normally reliable, missed the shot.

Silverdale were made to pay for that missed chance when Massimo Marconossi equalised for the three-time champions four minutes later.

Silverdale dropped points in this match, they'll need to make sure it isn't a deciding factor in their survival at the end of the season.

Most Important Result: Eights United 2 - 1 Bayern Bru - A big result for the promoted side against last season's runner-up.

Turned on the Style: Battlestar Odwinica. Four goals at home, showing their home ground may be a fortress this season.

Most Important Player: Fritjof Tygesen, Odwinica. Skipper sets an example with two goals.

Sorry 4 late (still before the next round though :p just!)

N-Euro Middle League Round Two

A quick look at the league table after round two predictably shows the demoted Elite league teams rising to the top as the lowers fall to the bottom, with a few teams getting tagged along in the current.

****Bubbles FC 1-2 Rising Phoenix****

Bubbles were quick on the offensive today managing to get a goal in only 6 minutes. Rising Phoenix weren't shaken though and equalised before half time. A nasty injury for Michael Smith takes him out of action and Rob Spillane is brought on to fill the gap in Bubbles' strike force. Rising Phoenix went on to score again in the 54th minute of a relatively uneventful second half which secured their victory in a close game.

****Mcoys Sons 4-0 Real Peeps***

Mcoys Sons show no mercy at home, shutting out Real Peeps completely with four goals to none. Wyatt Rufus was on top form earning himself another hat-trick. Peeps managed to hold out for nearly 70 minutes but the players couldn't keep up with the stamina of Mcoys Sons who took full advantage of their deteriorated opponents, scoring three goals in 10 minutes and a fourth just before the ref blew the final whistle.

*****Intergalactico Stars 5-1 Aqui1a All Stars****

Not wanting to be outdone by Mcoys Sons, Intergalactico scored five of their own goals today with Ronald Ronaldo scoring three himself. The first half of the game looked promising for All Stars as they managed to score just before half time, making the score 2-1, but Ronaldo (the team's lowest skilled and youngest player) was looking to prove himself and put three away for the home team.

*** Seahawks FC 1-1 Happenstance FC****

After taking an early lead, Seahawks spent the rest of the game on the defensive as the away team charged across the pitch. Seahawks suffered a couple of injuries leading up to half time but managed to keep Happenstance from equalising. It wasn't until the 81st minute that Happenstance scored to make it 1-1 but we can be sure they won't be satisfied with just a draw when they had more chances and possession.

****AFC ReZs Rabies 3-4 The Sixty-Fourthers****

With both sides playing such a clean game it's hard to report on anything but the goals, the first of which will haunt Rabies for a while as Goverbenj Hollivorhg scored an own goal. The Sixty-Fourthers took advantage of a demoralised ReZs Rabies and scored one of their own. Rabies try to save face by putting one away 5 minutes later but it isn't long before The Sixty-Fourthers retaliate leaving the score 1-3 at half time. Rabies lead the way in the second half managing to equalise with two goals in the first 10 minutes of the second half. The ball yo-yoed between the two goals as each team took turns in shooting it towards their opponent's goal but it was ReZs Rabies who slipped up, giving away a penalty in the 86th minute.

Most Important Result: AFC ReZs Rabies 3-4 The Sixty-Fourthers, winning this away game keeps The Sixty-Fourthers in a strong position, only dropping to second in the league table because of goal difference. This could be their season for promotion.

Stylish Play: Rising Phoenix, scoring two goals away rather fittingly with two beautiful headers, Rising Phoenix earn the stylish play award for good air time.

Best Player: Ronald Ronaldo, Intergalactico Stars, special mention again to Wyatt Rufus but credit has to go to Ronald Ronaldo. Intergalicto's youngest and least skilled player really proved his worth in a performance that will be recounted throughout his football career. Expect great things from this player who still has a very long career ahead of him.

: peace:

3-3 against Nikos but I had a goal disallowed for doubtful offside and I guessed his formation :mad: leading the whole game but he managed to equalise in the 89th minute.

The difference in player skill is really hard to get around :(

Really annoyed at the draw because Dyson played many of his youth so I think he'll be happier with the result. Immediately after the sending in off we let in the equalising goal. Still looking for our 1st win.

@Haden - Myself, @DuD & @Aqui1a are an alliance. I'll let them decide what our name is called. For now just put TBA :)

Hopefully this means I will have an easy match on Friday.

After going through a penalty competition in the cup in the official league which was decided on the 12th attempt(12 straight misses, 6 each, before the deciding goal!), I now have to meet the 6th seed in the third round. Good thing is that the manager was fired yesterday. Still won't have a chance though.

Edited by Tales

DEAR GOD WTF. We had the same formation and the same manager rating... Not even going to pretend to understand what happened there.

I just noticed i have gone 18 league games since i last drew a game. Can't believe that. :p

Disappointed with my result still well done Mad I fear another season of not living up to the strength of the team beckons.

I'm really happy with that win :) Also, Xpert manager of the round!! :D Didn't expect that in the middle league.

I will do match reports for lower league on Sunday, there is a chance I might do a marathon the following Sunday instead. Three new interviews should be done by then, one from each league. The idea is that I will go through everyone by the end of the season.

DuDs Baggies is up.

The obvious questions first. Why did you decide to come back?

I decided to come back because.. a) i missed Marvin Standen too much and.. b) i never wanted to leave in the first place! I was forced out for being too good

More seriously though, i had to leave because i didnt have the time, and more importantly the internet connection, to keep up with my team whilst i was going through basic Raf training.

I dont know what took me so long to join back up though as i've been in trade now since January? But it is good to be back.. better late than never.. or something like that!

What is your opinion on divas? How would you treat a difficult player?

Divas are great. Everyone loves a diva. Christiano Ronaldo was a diva. Jose Mourinho was a diva. Heck.. the great Marvin Standen was a diva! One of the original members of my original squad. The guy was a legend. As soon as i gave him his favourite shirt number he just stepped up a level, banging in the free kicks left right and centre.

A phenominal defender, he was the first name on the team sheet each game!

I never get any difficult players.. I just raise my hand, and they look at it like it's a goddamn croissant. Then: BAAAMM!.. Feel my pimp hand!

Is it true that your team and management has ties to the underground mafia boss Dudley? Can you elaborate upon that? What kind of ties are we talking about?

Where did you get this information from? Who's the source? We've got lots of ties.. we got the standard ties, silk ties, stripey ties, funky friday ties, even DuDs Baggies ties.. you name the tie you want and we got the tie.

As for any other ties.. if they get mentioned again, we might have to send the boys round to pay a visit. Kapeeesh?

DuD will be back in the top league in a few seasons. You were doing really well before leaving last time. :)