NEurope
Diageo

Galaxy Skin

And yes, as Charlie says, the fact that the phones were banned clearly shows that there was something to the argument.

Yes, but it's their aggressiveness I was referring to. This patent infringement happens all the time. It's just usually low key and solved via "royalties". Apple refused to settle this way and went for an outright ban instead (which, even though it was "banned" in Germany, won't actually stop the Galaxy products from being sold anywhere).

Back to the Skin: It seems Samsung have announced a flexible phone, but it may be this particular one.

The whole patent issue just seems to be a massive cock-block from Apple right now. Very strategic timing considering the Galaxy tab was due to come out in the EU that week..

Hoping the issue gets resolved. My mate had a pre-order on the Galaxy tab. I don't see the appeal to tablets but if there's a lot more for your money on Samsungs offering..

I can imagine someone putting this in their back pocket, sitting down to drive/whatever and have it stick in a position.

So identical that Apple actually modified the images of the Galaxy Tab and Galaxy S in the documents where they filed the claim.

That bit of news always seemed daft to me. They weren't photographed next to one another, they were two separate images inserted side by side. How are you supposed to get them to exact scale?

I think the dimensions of the galaxy things were wrong? As in they changed them from 16:10 or whatever they were to fit the iphone's one. Also making them the same size is an obvious attempt to make them look more similar than they are.

I want Samsung to win just for the sake of competition. Apple obviously want to keep their ridiculous margins but that would be a lot harder considering the Galaxy Tab gives you far more for your money. Better to just get it banned.