NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

I had a feeling this would happen. Sucks for you guys waiting on a Wii U version.

If you don't have an internet connection then how are you posting here and how do you play Mario Kart 8? :confused:

He posts mainly using his phone and he comes round mine to play MK8 ;)

I know it's disappointing but I've not given up hope of a Wii U release. I still think it'll happen. Capcom want all attention on the 3DS version and no distractions to dissuade potential customers. This is Capcom afterall, the kings of rereleases of released rereleases and a starving Wii U audience.

I'm not buying it. Releasing a Wii U version wouldn't make a huge dent into the handheld audience of MH and the vast majority that like it on handheld for the social aspects of playing the game. A Wii U release isn't going to dissuade many customers.

Only way this game comes to Wii U is if Nintendo put up the money for it.

This sucks. :( Although I have MH3U on 3DS (and Wii U), there's no doubt it better suits the home console. God damn the Japanese and their handheld fetish. :(

This sucks. :( Although I have MH3U on 3DS (and Wii U), there's no doubt it better suits the home console. God damn the Japanese and their handheld fetish. :(

You mean the millions of gamers in Japan who prefer to go out and meet friends in public places and play together.

Think they would argue that MH is better suits handheld consoles.

You mean the millions of gamers in Japan who prefer to go out and meet friends in public places and play together.

Think they would argue that MH is better suits handheld consoles.

It's a classic example of West vs East. I would much prefer to sit in the comfort of my own home and have the ability to play it on a big screen with people I've met on places like here and with my mates in real life, than on a tiny screen.

Speaking on playing online, does this game have voice chat like the Wii U version of Ultimate 3?

Yeah, them. It's great for them and all, if that's what they like to do, but the games end up worse for it, and it's clear that Japanese interests are very much maligned with most western gamers' interests. DQIX was a huge step back from VIII after the PS2 to NDS transition, and I much prefer the fully fleshed out console version of MH3U.

Speaking on playing online, does this game have voice chat like the Wii U version of Ultimate 3?

I don't think it does. It has preset messages though. :heh:

I don't think it does. It has preset messages though. :heh:

I'm sure I read it did...

Sonic DLC announced.

MKs0N34.png

Footage of it being played on the new 3DS.

TGS trailer.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

We're also getting a Taiko Drum Master hunting horn :D@Josh64

cccb24a2b607e813880481c1e2f6613f.jpg?v=224051

Plus some special Guild Cards to go with them

c8e1e5ac9c5fbb5f51b45e2895437656.jpg?v=180000

9c58b6206a540a84e566e870365fa498.jpg?v=180000

@f00had - That's amazing! I might have to get this Monster Hunter after all! The Taiko horn looks amazing but that Sonic looks creepy as hell :p

The tragic state of the mainline Sonic series has relegated the blue blur's best appearances to cameos in superior titles. Such a shame.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate getting Animal Crossing crossover

mh4-animal-crossing.png

At the Tokyo Game Show today, Capcom revealed that an Animal Crossing crossover is planned with Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate. We don’t have all of the details just yet, but we’ll update this post or make a new one once we hear more.

http://nintendoeverything.com/monster-hunter-4-ultimate-getting-animal-crossing-crossover/

[TWEET]513156390760628225[/TWEET]

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Animal Crossing Felyne outfits

I'm pretty cool with all the crossover stuff... as long as it comes out here too. Even that hideous Sonic outfit will probably get some Sonic kids interested in giving this a spin. A SPIN. GET IT? No?

I just remembered.... didn't the original release of MH4 in Japan have a Link armour and weapon set? I assume this will still be in MH4U too?

I just remembered.... didn't the original release of MH4 in Japan have a Link armour and weapon set? I assume this will still be in MH4U too?
Yeah, there was Mario Bros. stuff as well if I recall correctly.

That's gonna be quite the collection of special items/costumes if all of it ends up being included in MH4U. :awesome:

I remember Capcom saying we'll be getting Link's weapons and armour for MH4U here, not too sure about the Mario and Luigi cats. I'm looking forward to using Sonic and Mr Resetti as my helpers :D

Yup! I approve massively of all these cross overs, especially the Animal Crossing ones (which look extremely well-done :hehe:)

I'm not a fan of them. The Zelda ones were fine because they made sense and kind of fit in the world of MH. The AC ones are a step too far for me.

I'm in two minds, because while they are nicely done there is still no way that Sonic or Animal Crossing really gels with Monster Hunter, at least the Link costume seemed to be more in keeping but this really isn't. :heh:

However so long as it's in the game, free and entirely optional then I'm cool with it. : peace:

The following numbers come from Media-Create...

- Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has over 811k preorders in Japan

- sales will probably surpass 900,000 units during release week, says Media-Create

- Monster Hunter 4 saw 1,177,000 preorders

There’s No Such Thing As A “Desire Sensor” Says Monster Hunter Producer

If you haven’t heard of it before, the “Desire Sensor” is a Monster Hunter urban legend that is often discussed on message boards. The theory behind it is that the Monster Hunter games are programmed to detect what kind of loot the player is searching for, and automatically make it harder to find, in order to keep you playing.

When Siliconera recently met with series producer Ryozo Tsujimoto, we asked him if there actually was such a thing in the game, as far-fetched as it sounds. Are the Monster Hunter games coded to detect what loot drops you need and to make them harder to find?

“You should probably wear gloves when you play. Try not to sweat, because it’s sensing your nervousness from the sweat on your hands,” Tsujimoto joked.

“To be honest, that’s something that’s a popular urban legend. We actually hear that a lot, but it’s just a form of confirmation bias. When you’re looking for something specific, it feels like you never come across it. I myself experience that while playing—we’re all on an even playing field.”

“That is absolutely not a thing,” Tsujimoto reiterated with a laugh, when we asked if he was confirming there was no code in the game that can detect what items you’re looking for. “What people are seeing is just confirmation bias.”

http://www.siliconera.com/2014/10/09/theres-thing-desire-sensor-says-monster-hunter-producer/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+siliconera%2FMkOc+%28Siliconera%29

The amount of times it does happen that you have to grind and repeat and repeat just to get that one part, it's happened to me manys a time. I often thought the game is cruel but it's just down to rarity really.

Monster Hunter 4G (and New 3DS) Launch in Japan (Tsutaya's store in Shibuya)

It was taken at 7a.m. and you can see people are still joining at the end. Probably some of them will be getting the New 3DS as well.

Look at what's on Miiverse...

You must have JavaScript enabled on your device to view Miiverse posts that have been embedded in a website. View post in Miiverse

SCREENSHOTS ARE IN!!! :D (New3DS only though, since it's a New3DS enhanced game like Smash Bros and all)