NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

Something about the lack of normal sized 3DS's in that advert is really funny to me.

Even the new one is not there.

You sure this isn't the American advert?

Is there any particular difference between this on a New 3DS and on a regular old 3DS(which I have hopefully correctly assumed will play this fine?)?

Is there any particular difference between this on a New 3DS and on a regular old 3DS(which I have hopefully correctly assumed will play this fine?)?

Loading time improvements and nicer textures are the two improvements I remember.

There might be more though...

Oh, right. The second circle pad.

EDIT: Yay! I beat someone to it! First time I've ever done that here. I'd like to thank myself for replying quickly and my mum and my phone!

Edited by Glen-i

Faster loading and camera control on the new 3DS.

How could you guys forget posting screenshots to MH4U's MIIVERSE as a New 3DS exclusive feature? but other than that it's not really worth it if you already have a 3DS and are cool with the touch screen camera.

I seeee! Im still rocking my original zelda 3DS - are there any known/expected differences in online functionality at all? That'd be my biggest concern. A new 3ds'd be nice with the extra sticknubthing, but it just feels like a lot of money for an upgrade I'm mostly nonplussed about.

There's slightly longer loading times when starting quests and moving between areas but that won't affect other players who are using the New 3DS in multiplayer. You can use the Circle Pad Pro if you want but idk the camera controls seem pretty poor in this one, in previous games you could move it diagonally and now in this one when there's a greater emphasis on verticality you can only move the camera on one axis at a time.

I was seriously close to canceling my pre-order for this recently. :hmm: Camera controls were doing my nut in, as was the constant thought that this game should be on Wii U. :mad:

But I played through the demo some more (with my weapon of choice, the hammer ;)) and somehow managed to get to grips with just using the L button to keep the camera under control. Also managed to solo all of those monsters, without losing a life. :awesome: Quite an achievement seeing as I got destroyed by Gore Magala previously, as witnessed by @Glen\-i. :hehe:

Brought back great memories of MH3/Ultimate though, and I'm pretty sure I can live with the shitty camera controls now, but I'll almost certainly be sticking to the hammer again, at least for the first 100 or so hours. :heh:

I was seriously close to canceling my pre-order for this recently. :hmm: Camera controls were doing my nut in, as was the constant thought that this game should be on Wii U. :mad:

But I played through the demo some more (with my weapon of choice, the hammer ;)) and somehow managed to get to grips with just using the L button to keep the camera under control. Also managed to solo all of those monsters, without losing a life. :awesome: Quite an achievement seeing as I got destroyed by Gore Magala previously, as witnessed by @Glen\-i. :hehe:

Brought back great memories of MH3/Ultimate though, and I'm pretty sure I can live with the shitty camera controls now, but I'll almost certainly be sticking to the hammer again, at least for the first 100 or so hours. :heh:

Yeah, target cam makes it a whole lot more manageable.

I find it weird that the bottom screen D-pad doesn't let you move the camera diagonally like it did in 3 Ultimate.

Oh well, not gonna be a problem for me when I get my New 3DS XL.

First time I tried the demo solo I was a little disappointed in the game. Fired it up again tonight f9r some online hunts and some excellent fun hunting the Testsucabra, but got my arse owned by the Gore Magala and 1 other hunter who seemed to just run in with complete disregard for their safety and health. Overall, an excellent nights hunting, and now I'm fully stoked for Friday.

Do you not have a CPP? That might help with the camera issue.

Do you not have a CPP? That might help with the camera issue.
Nope. I never really liked the look of the CPP to be honest, and have only got a couple of games that can even use it. :hmm:

Might actually look into getting one for this game though.

Shopto have started the process on orders, getting close i can feel the hunt.

All I've had from ShopTo are order receipts for MH4U and my brother's copy of Majora's Mask 3D but then I'm not expecting them to ship until tomorrow, still... if they shipped today it would be nice! : peace:

All I've had from ShopTo are order receipts for MH4U and my brother's copy of Majora's Mask 3D but then I'm not expecting them to ship until tomorrow, still... if they shipped today it would be nice! : peace:

Yeah i doubt they'll ship today, probably at some point tomorrow ready for Friday.

Really looking forward to this, this 4 day weekend is coming at just the right time for me with everything going off at the moment.

Really looking forward to this, this 4 day weekend is coming at just the right time for me with everything going off at the moment.

I'll be there to carry your sorry butt, as usual. :D

I got the dispatch email for this today from The Game Collection. First time preordering a game off them, any chance of getting it tomorrow or should I not get my hopes up?

So, um... apart from DCubed, is anyone getting this digitally?

Monster Hunter just seems like the kind of game I want available on my console all the time.

Yep. Going digital here too, although the download is pretty hefty.

So, um... apart from DCubed, is anyone getting this digitally?

Monster Hunter just seems like the kind of game I want available on my console all the time.

I would but I'd rather save a few quid than play in convenience.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Prepare for the Hunt (Nintendo 3DS)

Can't wait to pick this up for the Wii U at Christmas. :heh: