NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

This is why we have to use the Wii U & Black Ops 2 combination for voice chat. How else are we going to talk to Mokong during hunts. @Hero\-of\-Time, @kav82 @RedShell
Dunno, but I ain't got Black Ops 2 (and have about as much desire to purchase it as you do to increase your electricity bill with the PS4's voice chat :heh:).

So yeah, how about we just use MH3U instead? ;)

You still gonna rock the LS @lostmario? No doubt I will switch between that and GS again. Up swinging and tripping shall be plentiful!
Don't you want to know if I'll be sticking with the hammer? :laughing:

At least getting launched is potentially useful in this version. :hehe:

Problem with using MH3U for voice chat is the stupid buzzing that happens when people have to charge their pads.

Problem with using MH3U for voice chat is the stupid buzzing that happens when people have to charge their pads.
Oh yeah. Forgot about that. :blank:

This is why we have to use the Wii U & Black Ops 2 combination for voice chat. How else are we going to talk to Mokong during hunts. @Hero\-of\-Time, @kav82 @RedShell

If you can find me a copy dirt cheap, I'll have to rebuy it :p

Or everyone just charge those gamepads before we hunt :)

Has this got an announced release date?

If you can find me a copy dirt cheap, I'll have to rebuy it :p

Or everyone just charge those gamepads before we hunt :)

Has this got an announced release date?

Not yet. I imagine it will be announced at the next Nintendo Direct, which should be very soon...

I'll likely be on holiday when next ND is, someone PM me details if any MH4U news comes : peace:

Dunno, but I ain't got Black Ops 2 (and have about as much desire to purchase it as you do to increase your electricity bill with the PS4's voice chat :heh:).

So yeah, how about we just use MH3U instead? ;)

You're assuming everyone has the WiiU version...

But no, I see how it is, I get the demo first and you all suddenly don't want to chat with me.

Jerk.

I'm not bothered really. I'll just customise the shout-outs.

what'swrongwithyou?.gif :heh:

Portability was more important to me than online play back then. In fact, it still is, just not substantially more. WiiU version was useless to me.

My TV is small, I don't have easy access to online play (I have to lug my WiiU around if I want to do that.)

I don't regret skipping the WiiU version one bit, and I'm glad MH4U is on 3DS for exactly the same reasons.

Plus, I live in London, I make a lot of bus trips. Sometimes long enough to hunt a monster. Where better to kill a Deviljho with a tinchy little sword and a miniscule pathetic shield which can magically guard against anything (I had the Guard skill) then on a double-decker bus?

Ah well, I guess I'll just be the mysterious N-Europe hunter who is seen and never heard.

I shall be Glen-i! Text Hunter Extraordinaire!

Edited by Glen-i

Speaking of Jho. I wonder if there is a quest to hunt him in your boxers again? That was freaking hilarious and such a laugh online.

What was that special arena quest we never finished? @Mokong, @RedShell, @lostmario can you remember what it was? I just remember us getting our butt kicked all the time off it. Mokong was adamant we would do it but we all retired by then. :D

EDIT: Was it Super Plessy? I'm pretty sure it was one of the super quests.

Edited by Hero-of-Time

Speaking of Jho. I wonder if there is a quest to hunt him in your boxers again? That was freaking hilarious and such a laugh online.

What was that special arena quest we never finished? @Mokong, @RedShell, @lostmario can you remember what it was? I just remember us getting our butt kicked all the time off it. Mokong was adamant we would do it but we all retired by then. :D

EDIT: Was it Super Plessy? I'm pretty sure it was one of the super quests.

Not sure, but I know I always wanted to do that super Brachydios quest to get the special healing hammer. :heh:

That one was bloody impossible. :shakehead

Still got some vids of our hunts on my YT channel: :grin:

Just watched the Jhen video again. I couldn't stop laughing at the @Mokong epic fail. That was such a fantastic moment. :D:bowdown:

You guys liked your big, heavy, slime weapons, huh?

Being a SnS user, I found more use from having elements than explodium.

I get the feeling I'm going to complement a lot of other hunters well.

I'm getting impatient, can't wait until the demo's online goes live!

Just watched the Jhen video again. I couldn't stop laughing at the @Mokong epic fail. That was such a fantastic moment. :D:bowdown:
Yeah, definitely one of the most memorable moments of our MH3 hunting sessions. :) And so unlike Mokong, but I think he knew I was capturing and wanted to show off a little bit too much. :D

I also remember the time a DevilJho got stuck on part of the terrain in the desert area for about a minute, and we were all like "what the hell?" :heh: Still annoyed that I wasn't capturing at the time.

You guys liked your big, heavy, slime weapons, huh?

Being a SnS user, I found more use from having elements than explodium.

I get the feeling I'm going to complement a lot of other hunters well.

I'm getting impatient, can't wait until the demo's online goes live!

I was very much a SnS user on the Wii version of MH, but when Ultimate came out I decided to experiment more with the other types and somehow ended up primarily using the hammer.

Looking forward to checking out the new weapons in MH4. :)

You still gonna rock the LS @lostmario? No doubt I will switch between that and GS again. Up swinging and tripping shall be plentiful!

Definitely, that will always be my weapon of choice.

I can't wait :D

Anyone thinking of booking time off from work for this?

Tempted, starting to get a little hyped now. Starting looking at Circle Pad Pro XL prices today.

Tempted, starting to get a little hyped now. Starting looking at Circle Pad Pro XL prices today.

I'm selling one if you wanna buy it.

Definitely, that will always be my weapon of choice.

You should try out the Insect Glaive.

I know I said it before, but out of all the MH3 weapons, the LS is the closest to it. Quick, Fluid attacks with nice reach.

How much? XL one right?

Yep. Dunno. I'll research.

Around £10 - £15 seems to be the going rate for them, there are auctions which went for £1.96 (lowest) to £40 (highest) but that's some extreme variation, more recently though it seems to be worth around £12 but you know how eBay can be with prices. :indeed:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&_nkw=circle+pad+pro+XL&_sop=16

Edited by S.C.G

Yeah seems about right. Plus p&p

How much? XL one right?

£15 delivered. It's boxed and such. And to be honest, I've never used it, maybe when I first got it for a few mins to try it out. But never used any of the circle pad pros (bought the original too - never learn)

Shopto were selling them for £7.00 last week.

Take that @lostmario.

Seems that the Spurs fan was trying to rip you off ;)

I got to join the N-E crew this time around once this baby hits! Day 1 bitches.

I main hammer/hunting horn.

--

As for the voice chat dilemma you guys are having, all you boys need is a smartphone. Mumble is on both iOS and Android.

Edited by Oxigen_Waste

As for the voice chat dilemma you guys are having, all you boys need is a smartphone. Mumble is on both iOS and Android.

Mumble was the prototype name for Wii Speak wasn't it :heh: