NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

Does anyone know if voice chat will be available on this?

A bit pointless playing if there isn't.

Does anyone know if voice chat will be available on this?

A bit pointless playing if there isn't.

I discussed this with Hero a few weeks back, we'll use one of the COD games on the Wii U for voice chat.

No annoying beeping when someones gamepads on charge either.

New trailer time

Hahaha! Check out 1:43 on that vid. :laughing:

Looks like my awesome hammer skills will actually be useful in MH4. :heh:

That's pretty damn sweet how you can now attack after being launched like that, rather than just slamming into the ground. :awesome:

Still really hoping a Wii U version gets revealed.

If it doesn't happen I'll still get MH4 on 3DS, but there's no doubt that I'd rather play it on Wii U.

Bunch of stuff to be released for the anniversary.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

32.jpg

35.jpg

36.jpg

95.jpg

I need some of this stuff in my life. I'm sure @Mokong would like that jacket as well. :D

Man, has it been 10 years since this series started? I am proud to say I was there from the start. It doesn't seem all that long ago when me and my mates were playing the original on the PS2. Getting excited to be fighting Lao for the first time, seeing Kirin appear and the servers erupting when Fatalis finally arrived. Happy days.

Hmm well assuming that MH4 will stay 3DS exclusive - that could still change though at E3 so Wii U version please! - why don't Capcom remake the very first Monster Hunter but with all the modern day advancements that have been introduced to the series since? :)

It'd work wouldn't it @Hero\-of\-Time? What's your take on a tenth anniversary remake of the original? Potential or potentially not worth it? :heh:

Loving those T-Shirts and the jacket, I would buy all of those if Zenny was no object... : peace:

I dont see it getting released on the Wii U unless Nintendo pay for it.

Hmm well assuming that MH4 will stay 3DS exclusive - that could still change though at E3 so Wii U version please! - why don't Capcom remake the very first Monster Hunter but with all the modern day advancements that have been introduced to the series since? :)

It'd work wouldn't it @Hero\-of\-Time? What's your take on a tenth anniversary remake of the original? Potential or potentially not worth it? :heh:

I think a remake would probably be a bit pointless at this point. A bunch of the monsters from the original game ( Kutku, Monoblos, Kirin, Khezu, Gyp ) are returning in MH4 and the likes of Rathian, Rathlos and Diablos are already in the previous games. Still, I would love to fight Lao again.

Where? How much? Give me!

Probably Japan only. I just nicked the images off GAF.

Probably Japan only. I just nicked the images off GAF.

Uniqlo UK have sold MH t-shirts in the past so we might get them.

Are there still no plans to bring this to Wii U? I found playing the 3DS version of MH3U to be pretty awkward and unsatisfying, even with the circle pad pro. I don't think I'd bother unless it was coming to Wii U.

Are there still no plans to bring this to Wii U? I found playing the 3DS version of MH3U to be pretty awkward and unsatisfying, even with the circle pad pro. I don't think I'd bother unless it was coming to Wii U.

Yeah. It doesn't help that I'm currently playing freedom unite with a dualshock 3... 3DS is going to feel awkward to play on the 3DS after CCP and DS3.

Got back to this a few week's ago, and have been playing through G Rank with my bro. Maaaaaaan, that's a lot of missions. Got my Slime SnS to final upgrade and fully upgraded Azure Ratholos Armour (only High Rank ones). Sick to death of repeat monsters. I know the game's a slog, but I feel there should be more adequate pacing/order with the monsters you face. It seems to give you all of the same type in a huge splodge rather than evened out. I mean there is like 60 monsters after all.

Lol at the thread creation date for this thread. September 2011. It's not far off September 2014. Apparently the game is out in 2015 for Europe, right?

I'm out. I was really hyped for this, but I no longer care for it. No Wii U version, no care.

Lol at the thread creation date for this thread. September 2011. It's not far off September 2014. Apparently the game is out in 2015 for Europe, right?

I'm out. I was really hyped for this, but I no longer care for it. No Wii U version, no care.

Surprisingly, I feel very much like think.

As most of you know I'm a huge MH fan but I just can't gather any excitement for this iteration. It doesn't help that there isn't a console version this time either. The 3DS version of 3 Ultimate played terribly IMO, much worse than the PSP versions.

The PSP games while good just never feel the same as playing the console ones. I played some of the PSP ones online and it still just felt weird.

If I do pick it up it will probably end up like the PSP versions where I just do the story and then that's it. No weapon collecting or trying to get awards. Basically my playtime will be lucky to reach the 100 hour mark, never mind 600.

It really is a great shame that this won't come to the Wii U immediately if at all. :(

After playing Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate again recently, it's so clear to me that everything about that game was a perfect fit for the Wii U especially as it let you play the way that you wanted to be that on the TV or the gamepad or both by letting you decide what HUD elements go where; personally I go for completely HUD-free with all of the info on the gamepad and it's just brilliant. : peace:

So why Capcom won't be making a Wii U version of MH4G especially seeing as we are getting it that much later is beyond me. :blank: I know that it has probably been explained to me before... :indeed: but still there's a niggling feeling every time I watch a trailer for this I think 'wow this is amazing!' and then realising it's 3DS only, I can't help but feel let down a bit.

Clearly I will still be picking this up in whichever form - possibly multiple - when it arrives as I have no doubts that it will deliver but if Capcom aren't even going to consider brining it to the Wii U as well within 6 months of the 3DS version coming out with some form of cross compatibility then I can't help but feel that it's them who are missing out on free sales as I know that from many of us it would be a guaranteed purchase. ::shrug:

Ultimately though if they do bring it out later on with no way of transferring your character then that would kill the experience a bit more for me because then I'd almost certainly just be 'jumping ship' between versions but if we do get a home console port with full transfer capability later down the line then I'll certainly be grateful; indeed I am still thankful for the series existing on Nintendo platforms - not wanting to get into the 'which home console would be better for MH' debate - so I'll still be supporting it. : peace:

Still though... it could have been a brand new third party game for the Wii U as well, those are something of a rarity these days. :indeed:

Edited by S.C.G

I'm the opposite, I think Monster Hunter is better on handhelds. With Monster Hunter 3 on Wii U I can barely read the text unless if I play on the gamepad and if I do that it becomes very blurry so it's hard to read either way, and the PS2 games just have that really weird control with the right stick.

I wouldn't say that a Wii U version is out of the question yet... The "HD" versions of the portable MH games usually hit about 6-12 months after the last portable version of that game gets released, so, if they intend to stick to their usual pattern, we're not actually due a Wii U version yet anyway...

Besides, this IS Capcom we're talking about after all. There's nowhere else they can port it to afterwards (can't connect a 3DS to anything else other than a Wii U after all!) and they LOVE to port their games as much as possible in general ;)