NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Monster Hunter 4!!!!

They're almost certainly being done by different teams (Tri U Wii U is probably being done by Eighting - who also did the grunt work on the 3DS version) so I wouldn't have thought that Tri U Wii U would have any effect of MH4's development.

With MH4 featuring online play however, I wouldn't bet on seeing a Wii U version. It may well still happen, but there's much less incentive for them to make a Wii U version of MH4 than there was with Tri U (and no excuse for Capcom to not localise it!)

Well, the different teams thing had occurred to me, but I was just wondering if the HD version was little more than a stop gap to fill a possible MH vaccum for a delayed MH4 but clearly it isn't even that so I think it puts it in a strange position in the Japanese market. It's still great for us mind.

I doubt the Japanese will care much how long it is till MH4 is out from MH3U coming out.

They are getting the WiiU and MH3U on the same day...likely that alone will sell out WiiU's in Japan on day one there

I doubt the Japanese will care much how long it is till MH4 is out from MH3U coming out.

They are getting the WiiU and MH3U on the same day...likely that alone will sell out WiiU's in Japan on day one there

Maybe, maybe not. I just feel for them, this situation likens itself to the re-release of Monster Hunter G on the Wii in terms of timing and that didn't set the charts alight... though that had a bit shorter shelf life to itself than 3GHD will. Yes they are different machines but it's the same MH audience they are targetting and I'd bet a good chunk of the Wii U earlier adopters will own a 3DS.

Anyway, this is the MH4 thread so I'll shut up now :p

I see the game has been delayed in Japan till Summer. I'm quite happy with that as I would like to see how Soul Sacrifice will perform without MH blocking its path.

Yeah was just gonna post that. Though apparently it's only from a Japanese mag and should be taken with a big pinch of salt.

I'd imagine (if True) Sony are prolly putting up a ton of cash for it to help give teh Vita some life in Japan

I wouldn't be surprised if it went multiplatform, there's a lot more money to be made that way. That and I very much doubt Sony is going to go down quietly with the current Vita situation

So we got a new trailer via the Nintendo Direct:

Anyone else think this looks quite ugly? Visuals are quite jagged, looks worse than 3U for sure...

Anyone else think this looks quite ugly? Visuals are quite jagged, looks worse than 3U for sure...

It looks dope!!!

It's always hard to judge handhelds through videos and screens. I'm sure it'll look great in your hands. :p

Either way, can't wait. Please, Capcom, don't fuck this up.

You guys just have your hype goggles on : D Have they mentioned anything about the online yet?

The only thing that looks off, and has done since its first showing, are the colours.

Just a week after the launch of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate in EU and US, the hype train for Monter Hunter 4 is in full effect over here in Japan.

Go to 7 Eleven to withdraw some cash, noticed they have a Monster Hunter 4 lottery-type game. Basically, you pay 600 yen (just over £4) to withdraw a ticket from a cardboard box, peel away the tear off portion and the letter underneath that corresponds to the prize you win. So there's mini figures, writing accessories, drink cups, key chains, a giant meat plushy and some giant figures which are national prizes.

I go to the drink counter to get myself some Apple Cider (I WISH it was real cider), Monster Hunter 4 keychain included on every bottle. Figured to top it off I'd go for the lottery as well, even though I don't even play Monster Hunter! So I came out of the store with a keychain of Lagiacrus and a mini figure of one of the Felyne creatures? God fucking knows! But looks like it'll be stuff to pass around or even flog to avid fans when I go home ;D

Seriously hope this is going to get a Wii U version for Europe. :blank:

I didn't like the controls on the 3DS version of MH3U at all. :nono: It plays so much better with a classic controller, not to mention the increased comfort, which for a super lengthy game like MH is pretty essential.

I would love it if Capcom do the same for Ultimate with being able to transfer save files between 3DS and WiiU for 4 (that's if 4 gets a release over here), would love for it to do so.