NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

My 5 disk soundtrack arrived today, it's very fancy. Came in a DVD sizes case with a slip case... thing. They announced a "drama soundtrack" (whatever that is means) yesterday as well.

OMN gave Awakening 90%, they also has a 2 page advert so hopefully that will appear in various magazines as well.

OMN gave Awakening 90%, they also has a 2 page advert so hopefully that will appear in various magazines as well.

I know the same ad's going to be in the next issue of NEO magazine (along with a review). Nintendo don't usually advertise with that mag, so it looks like they'll be pushing this game pretty hard.

Totally unrelated, but I so hope that the next Advance Wars will be on the WiiU.

Hearing all this praise for the Fire Emblem series really has me hoping for an announcement of the Advance Wars kind at E3.

I keep seeing sponsored posts about this on Facebook too. Seems they are pushing it very hard, I hope it gets the success it deserves, really is a brilliant game.

Disk 5 has the opening movie in HD, it looks really good. They also spelt "Other" wrong in one of the folders I think.

I know the same ad's going to be in the next issue of NEO magazine (along with a review). Nintendo don't usually advertise with that mag, so it looks like they'll be pushing this game pretty hard.

I keep seeing sponsored posts about this on Facebook too. Seems they are pushing it very hard, I hope it gets the success it deserves, really is a brilliant game.

Nice, haven't seen these myself but it's good to see Nintendo pushing the game. Haven't seen the TV ads on TV yet but they are really going all out.

Totally unrelated, but I so hope that the next Advance Wars will be on the WiiU.

Hearing all this praise for the Fire Emblem series really has me hoping for an announcement of the Advance Wars kind at E3.

I'm sure they will, maybe not at E3 but soon. I would like a Wii U version as well but they need to keep it the same style and not make it like Battalion Wars. They need to come up with some good integration with the Game Pad as well.

Edited by Ike

I'm sure they will, maybe not at E3 but soon. I would like a Wii U version as well but they need to keep it the same style and not make it like Battalion Wars. They need to come up with some good integration with the Game Pad as well.

No, they should definitely not take the Battalion Wars route, they should just let that be its own thing.

What I'd like to see is a more fleshed out experience than ever before in the Advance Wars Universe. I'm sure that with the extra power of the WiiU it could be one hell of a game.

One thing I'd really love to see is an online mode in which you can play with your friends by making your moves, then ending your turn, and when you friend comes home on the other side of the world, he sees that it is his turn.

I know that's a very simple thing, but it would be incredibly useful for my regular Advance Wars group.

<<< Back to Fire Emblem.

2013-02-05-461-MountedUnits.jpg

Played the demo, reeked of the GBA one I have from the ambassador but the horse messing around animation seemed quicker so battles felt more fluid.

Is Marth a girl in this? S/he's got an incredibly feminine voice.

Is Marth a girl in this? S/he's got an incredibly feminine voice.

Play the full game and find out ;).

Yes

Took some photos of the OST. Not sure if the front cover is a spoiler or not so I double spoiler'd it just in case.

IMG_20130407_161436.jpg

IMG_20130407_161717.jpg

IMG_20130407_161545.jpg

IMG_20130407_161601.jpg

Not sure if that cover is a spoiler but holy... that's so well drawn. It's gorgeous!

Btw, thanks Ike. I've officially switched my pre-order over to GAME. I want that Art book!

@Ike who is that on the cover, do you know? I don't recognise them, unless it's meant to be

Lucina/Marth

If it is them, they don't look like that in-game!

@Ike who is that on the cover, do you know? I don't recognise them, unless it's meant to be

Lucina/Marth

If it is them, they don't look like that in-game!

That's who I thought it was, I agree it doesn't look like that character. That person is featured a lot in the book that came with it as well so I think it is.

That's who I thought it was, I agree it doesn't look like that character. That person is featured a lot in the book that came with it as well so I think it is.

Probably is her as she plays a big part in the story. Seems like quite a Japanese thing to do, put someone who doesn't appear in a dress at all in game in one to satisfy the fans and to try and sell a few more soundtrack copies :P

I'd actually quite like to see her in the next Smash Bros, although it's more likely to be Chrom who makes the cut. Maybe as an alternate costume for the actual Marth?

Maybe as an alternate costume for the actual Marth?

Ah, I think that's a pretty good idea actually having an alternate costume like that, but I think that may also confuse some people who aren't aware of FE: Awakening & her story by seeing 'Marth' have an alternate costume as a woman.

Probably is her as she plays a big part in the story. Seems like quite a Japanese thing to do, put someone who doesn't appear in a dress at all in game in one to satisfy the fans and to try and sell a few more soundtrack copies :P

I'd actually quite like to see her in the next Smash Bros, although it's more likely to be Chrom who makes the cut. Maybe as an alternate costume for the actual Marth?

Probably, ties in (kinda) with one of the DLC quest in this version which I have mixed feelings for. Not sure if you get access to the DLC quests as well?

Yeah she would be cool. I suspect the roster will be Marth/Ike or Marth/Chrom. A Marth alt costume would be cool. Or they can add her as a DLC character, maybe? I would like to see more FE characters but most of them would probably play similarly unless they go with someone like Hector or Ephraim.

Looking forward to seeing the Figma Marth figure sometime soon.

Probably, ties in (kinda) with one of the DLC quest in this version which I have mixed feelings for. Not sure if you get access to the DLC quests as well?

Yeah she would be cool. I suspect the roster will be Marth/Ike or Marth/Chrom. A Marth alt costume would be cool. Or they can add her as a DLC character, maybe? I would like to see more FE characters but most of them would probably play similarly unless they go with someone like Hector or Ephraim.

Looking forward to seeing the Figma Marth figure sometime soon.

I have to wait until release for DLC unfortunately. Can't wait for it though! Not sure if Nintendo will be sending out review codes, but I doubt it. Even if they don't, I will be buying it all anyway.

It'd be nice if they varied the FE characters in Smash Bros. Rather than just a couple of sword-wielders, it would be cool if they had a mage/grandmaster too. Although are there any significant enough characters that use magic other than the avatar in Awakening?

I have to wait until release for DLC unfortunately. Can't wait for it though! Not sure if Nintendo will be sending out review codes, but I doubt it. Even if they don't, I will be buying it all anyway.

It'd be nice if they varied the FE characters in Smash Bros. Rather than just a couple of sword-wielders, it would be cool if they had a mage/grandmaster too. Although are there any significant enough characters that use magic other than the avatar in Awakening?

Lilina? Don't think she's popular enough. Soren, maybe? Can't think of any other important magic users.

Elincia on her Pegasus would be cool.

I knew when I saw your post that there wouldn't actually be anything in the spoiler tag :p

Btw, thanks Ike. I've officially switched my pre-order over to GAME. I want that Art book!

Just don't blame me if it doesn't arrive on time. :P

GAME are giving out an artbook as a preorder bonus which has a rather nice cover I must say.

Grainger Games are giving out a wallet but it looks cheap/terrible.

Thanks for the info. Was about to do the preorder on Amazon

I would love to, but it isn't out yet.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

The demo just made me want to play the game more. Think I'm having withdrawal already.

Less than 2 weeks to go!

Don't go jinxing it. You'll make them delay it indefinitely the day before its release! :laughing:

Don't go jinxing it. You'll make them delay it indefinitely the day before its release! :laughing:

:woops:

Don't worry they used all the Brain Training carts for Fire Emblem. ;)

If they do delay it, there'll be a 1 man seize of NoE HQ.