NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

So, DLC has been coming out already in the NA version of the game, and...

-Champions of Yore 1 costs 2.50$;

-Champions of Yore 2 also costs 2.50$.

-CoY 3 is coming, and will likely cost the same.

However, a pack containing the 3 episodes will be made available for 4.00$.

This is good news, honestly. I was worried all this DLC would add up, but 4 dollars (as long as the European conversion is done properly) sounds like a great price for it

Did the Japanese version get the discount packs, or has that been added for the western release?

Did the Japanese version get the discount packs, or has that been added for the western release?

The Japanese version had no such packs. It was added in the US version, and only time will tell if Europe will get the same.

I've just been listening to the latest 8-4 podcast and it seems this was the mysterious Project X they were working on! Man, I love those guys. :D

Seems like Nintendo really underestimated the demand in the US and didnt ship enough copies.

That's not all. I've heard stories about the eShop going down due to so many people trying to download Fire Emblem!

I'm glad to see the series doing well :) Turn it into a flagship title!

Seems like Nintendo really underestimated the demand in the US and didnt ship enough copies.

I can confirm it's impossible to get a copy...I searched 2 future shops, best buy, eb games and Wal-Mart and cannot find it anyway. Some places not even had initial shipment yet according to staff. My favourite indie store had it on back order indefinitely and Amazon.ca have it on sale for $69.99 (for the record including tax that equates to £50ish insane price for a handheld game).

Can also confirm eshop had sucked last couple of days.

fe3dsxl.jpg

Take my goldmoney, Shibata!

(Although think I might prefer the blue colour of the US/JP one)

We get an updated boxart as well:

b9J7r3G.jpg

No horrible black bar, looks so much nicer.

(Although think I might prefer the blue colour of the US/JP one)

Yeah it was a more darker/metallic blue. It's nice but, it's practically my Blue XL with a nice design.

We get an updated boxart as well. No horrible black bar, looks so much nicer.

Looks regal!

Hmmm.... have been considering picking up a 3DS again for the likes of this, Castlevania (even though I have a strong suspicion it won't match the DS games in quality and looks odd visually) and a few other things so would be very interested to see how this limited edition pack gets priced.

I'd have preferred it to be a standard 3DS model, as opposed to the XL, but that's just me.

Something for me to consider anyway.

Yeah it was a more darker/metallic blue. It's nice but, it's practically my Blue XL with a nice design.

It does just look like the blue XL, does it look good in person since I'm not sure from the photos. Now my hype died down, I'm a bit unsure if I want to replace my red one :laughing:.

Don't get me wrong, I think the Blue XL looks fantastic, not dull at all, nor is it annoying (imo) like the Aqua Blue 3DS. I doubt that I'll get the LE FE XL because it looks like it's exactly the same colour as my current XL.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by -Dem0-

It does just look like the blue XL, does it look good in person since I'm not sure from the photos. Now my hype died down, I'm a bit unsure if I want to replace my red one :laughing:.

It thought it looked pretty good when Shibata held it up during the direct.

I've been thinking about upgrading to a XL for a while now, contemplated importing the Pikachu one from the UK. I'll probably be getting this.

I am very tempted to get the Fire Emblem 3DS XL, apart from two facts:

1) I already have an XL (and an original!)

2) I don't know if I could transfer my data to the Fire Emblem 3DS without it overwriting the pre-installed game.

Other than that, I'd seriously consider it as it looks fantastic. Also, my XL is Silver, so it wouldn't be too bad to get another one, right? ;)

You'll keep the preinstalled game, it merges the two accounts together.

Bit unsure if the game will transfer off the system though, the preinstalled games you got on the DSi XL didn't transfer to the 3DS...

2) I don't know if I could transfer my data to the Fire Emblem 3DS without it overwriting the pre-installed game.

Don't know if your transferred data will overwrite Awakening, but you should be able to re-download it nonetheless.

You'll keep the preinstalled game, it merges the two accounts together.

Bit unsure if the game will transfer off the system though, the preinstalled games you got on the DSi XL didn't transfer to the 3DS...

Yes it will. You just re-download it after you're done transferring (I've done it myself - sneakily scored a "free" copy of MK7 digital on my regular 3DS this way :) )

Still unsure about this game. :blank:

I've never been massively into Fire Emblem (or the turn-based strategy genre in general for that matter), always much preferred Advance Wars (with the exception of Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict :hmm:).

Pretty sure I'll be hooked on MH3U (and still playing LM2) when this comes out anyway.

Yes it will. You just re-download it after you're done transferring (I've done it myself - sneakily scored a "free" copy of MK7 digital on my regular 3DS this way :) )

Nice. That was only only concern so good to know. :)

Still unsure about this game. :blank:

I've never been massively into Fire Emblem (or the turn-based strategy genre in general for that matter), always much preferred Advance Wars (with the exception of Days of Ruin/Dark Conflict :hmm:).

Eh? They are practically the same except in Fire Emblem you have the same units instead of just buying more generic mass produced ones.

Eh? They are practically the same except in Fire Emblem you have the same units instead of just buying more generic mass produced ones.
Fire Emblem is way more "serious" than Advance Wars though.

I really like the colourful and cheery presentation of AW... so representative of real life war. :laughing:

Is that why you didn't like Dark Conflict then?

Thought you might enjoy Awakening though, it has quite a bit of character customisation (as in skills, character supports, etc). Hopefully we'll get the same demo the US got.

Is that why you didn't like Dark Conflict then?
Bingo! :hehe:

Thought you might enjoy Awakening though, it has quite a bit of character customisation (as in skills, character supports, etc). Hopefully we'll get the same demo the US got.
I'll certainly give it a try if we get that demo.

I'll certainly give it a try if we get that demo.

Have you played FE: The Sacred Stones yet? if not, you should give it a go it was the 2nd Fire Emblem game I ever played, it's a bit different, but a very enjoyable experience.

The GBA games will probably be a good place to start.

Have you played FE: The Sacred Stones yet? if not, you should give it a go it was the 2nd Fire Emblem game I ever played, it's a bit different, but a very enjoyable experience.

The GBA games will probably be a good place to start.

I have completed the first GBA Fire Emblem (only FE game I own, the first localised game in the series too, I believe) and I have The Sacred Stones on my 3DS courtesy of the Ambassador Program, but only played the first few areas so far.

Was playing it last night actually after posting on here. ;)

Sometimes I can really get into it, and it's a lot of fun. But then there are times when the pace, complexity and dialogue of the game put me off. :blank:

I can definitely see the appeal of FE, but for me it's one of those games that I need to be in the right mood to play. Not like Mario Kart, which I can happily play anytime, anyplace, anywhere! :D

NOA video summarising some previous & upcoming DLC packs.

I haven't watched it as it will most likely contain a fair few details/spoilers.