NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

I did hard & newcomer, glad I did. Provides a good bit of challenge and I'm not stressed by losing characters I love (ie. all of them). Definitely one to replay in classic mode though.

I honestly think Normal + Newcomer is the best way to enjoy this game. Fire Emblem can just be too intense otherwise! Replay, replay, replay... It breeds obsession!

I hear ya, but I like to challenge myself now and then, especially since some of the games these days are not that difficult.

But still, perma-death is a bitch, but it makes for far better mind work.

I love this game. Never played one before. I did normal and perm death. Took a while to understand it all, but loved it!

Quick question, and I'm afraid I already know the answer to it, BUT...

If I upgrade Panne will she stop being an awesome Bunny Rabbit when it comes to her attacks?

Edited by Fused King

By 'upgrade' do you mean class change? If so, then yes she will no longer be a Taguel and thus the way she attacks will also change depending on the class.

Yeah, I meant class change.

A, that's a shame. I would've thought you could upgrade here to some über strong, even more sexy Taguel, but she just becomes more human :(

Looks like I'll have to think this through.

Edited by Fused King

You could always change classes to get the skills you want or those you think will improve your unit/cover it's weaknesses.

Then after getting all the skills you can re-class back into their original class if you want. In this case a Taguel.

Donald%20Rage.gif

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKK THESE MOTHERFUCKING CHEAP REINFORCEMENT SPAWNS!

Around 55 hours into Normal/Classic so far, only SpotPass missions are left for me before the End Game. Did quite a few mistakes and lost several shepherds (never played FE games before), but the game is really, really good - I don't think it is gonna beat my all time favourite FFTA2 (though it has DLCs - if they are cool...), but really was worth the money. Fantastic experience.

2014-04-15-559.png

So true, and it crosses my mind from time to time playing both games regularly.

Mind you, if one playes Advance Wars like one plays Fire Emblem your opponent is going to have a tough time facing your A-rank units (In Days of Ruin). It's a real good tactic to take into account!

So there I was again, but this time, beaten by life itself.

Relationship troubles, love troubles, feeling rather ill, no focus, confusion...

Still stuck on the same mission with the annoying reinforcements, but having done the map several times, I've come to know it through and through.

Finally was able to get all the chests and create a good buffer for the reinforcements, with an elite squad trying to take down the Commander. That Bitch.

So there I was, on my couch, beaten by life itself, not expecting much, but I had gotten this far and it might just lift my spirits and shoot me into health again when I'd lay the smackdown on the Commander Bitch.

Commander Bitch had different plans though.

She thought it would be nice to dodge all my attacks and kill one of my noblest knights...

I didn't ask for much today, I really didn't.

What a game, what a game.

Final-fucking-ly finished the main story.

And it only took me about a year or 2 :)

Clocked about 50 hours but that doesn't take into account the countless times I had to reset the game for losing one of my unites.

I gave it my all!

Rescued all of the 'children' from my married couples (I married Miriel :laughing:) which were quite a few.

I think I didn't let 2 or 3 couples get formed, have sex and create children. It's good playing God.

So I basically completed all those side-stories, but no the orange ones which I forgot how I got them actually...

Good lord, what a game, what a game, WHAT a game.

I played it on Hard and I had me a LOT of trouble up untill maybe the point where a bunch of side-stories started to pop up because people had gotten married. Completing a couple of side-stories here, continuing the story from time to time and presto: Say'ri & Tiki, Donnel & Kellam, Stahl & Nowi, Tharja & Henry, Panne & Yarne, Chrom & Lucia, Fused (that's me) & Miriel, Gerome & Cherche and Vaike & Cordelia became god-like combos.

Especially Say' ri & Tiki because almost no one was able to hit her, Donnel & Kellam because Donnel had come a long way from a villager and coupled with Kellam practically made him invincible and Tharja & Henry were invincible because of Nosferatu: surviving one hit then sucking the opponent dry :D

Unfortunately I lost Basilio through some stupid critical by the opponent in the run up to the final stage.

And then I lost my noble knigh Stahl during the final fight because of GODFUCKING REINFORCEMENTS and the enemy that could hit him happened to have a Beast Killer.....HOW COINCIDENTAL!

It really feels like a final battle that way though, not resetting the game and having characters die, and I also did this in Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones.

Anyway, this series is bat-shit crazy and sucks up more of my free time than raccoons, cats, capibaras and penguins combined!

Now I can FINALLY start playing some other games on my 3DS and maybe finish the main story of Pokemon X while I'm at it...

Dark Horse Comics are publishing the Fire Emblem: Knights of Iris art book next year. I own the Japanese version and it's worth picking up.

It's available to preorder from Amazon.

Was excited about a release date for a moment... Can't wait for this game. Or these games more like!

Was excited about a release date for a moment... Can't wait for this game. Or these games more like!

Erm...this has been out for ages, Dazzy! :D

Dazzybee, have you been dazzybeeing Fire Emblem Awakening?

Erm...this has been out for ages, Dazzy! :D

Dazzybee, have you been dazzybeeing Fire Emblem Awakening?

Haha. Thought this was the Fates thread... :)

Definitely haven't dazzybeed Awakenings! One of my favourite 3DS games!!!

Haha. Thought this was the Fates thread... :)

Definitely haven't dazzybeed Awakenings! One of my favourite 3DS games!!!

You know a game is good when Dazzybee actually finishes it. It's like his seal of approval. :D

You know a game is good when Dazzybee actually finishes it. It's like his seal of approval. :D

I'm actually finishing a lot lately, on a mission to get to 50 games completed before the end of the year (I know it's pitiful in comparison to you), though I am cheating a little by playing more mobile games :) Though Tomb Raider Go, Room 3 and Geometry Wars 3 are incredible!!!

Alien, Disney Infinity, Shinobi 3, Picross E1 (Pokemon Picos inspired me to buy the better version) all close, and you've inspired me to play Bayonetta!! 8 days to get them done!!

Got this in the sales, finally bit the bullet, after hearing NWR praising it for 2+ years. It's my first ever Fire Emblem game, fancied a challenge and I'm instantly regretting starting on hard mode. Can't get past chapter 2... Thank God I didn't switch on permadeath...

So I've been spending a lot of time with this over the past few days (15 or so hours in) and am now able to win a battle losing only one or two guys, sometimes none. What a game this is though! I can't believe I hadn't given this series a go before and I'm now eagerly awaiting Fates. I think Awakening is the perfect introduction to the series and I'm not at all surprised it sold so well.