NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

It definitely won't be that hard for you if you're playing on Casual... your unit will merely become unavailable until the next map, it's your choice obviously and being that the developers have included such an option in the game, it's obviously viable but personally I wouldn't choose to use it having previously played Fire Emblem games before but I respect the fact that it's 'there' as an option as it will surely draw more potential players to the series. : peace:

Hmmm. Is the game brilliant BECAUSE its hard? I just want the best experience and really don't know how to play it. If its all story and characters ill go casual, if the joy is strategy I may play normal

Was going to do a normal run first but can't let you lot show me up so I went with hard :p

Chapter 3 was the first chapter to give me trouble, decided to split the team up and I guess one side was a bit weaker.

Mildly annoyed the box cover has a nick in it, but it's just the paper and not the plastic.

My LE bundle order status is "Order Pending", never seen that on Shopto before.

Any update on your status?

Any update on your status?

Still says pending. Hoping it's "we shipped it but didn't tell you" deal, haven't heard anything from them otherwise.

Well I've played up to around Chapter 3 so far, things are starting to open up a bit now, just a shame that I won't get to play it as much today due to work. :(

Ah well there's always later... I hope for those still waiting that your copies turn up today. : peace:

Well I've played up to around Chapter 3 so far, things are starting to open up a bit now, just a shame that I won't get to play it as much today due to work. :(

Yep, looks like I unlocked a map battle and a sidequest. Tried doing the map battle but it's tough, was up against Sword Fighters who can 2x attack me. Plus a couple of Wyvern Riders :(

Anyone know how supports works in this game, does it still have the same limits? Seems a lot easier to get the support conversations in this one so I'm wondering if I need to limit them.

Would you (the guys who are playing the game already) recommend it?

Never really played a Fire Emblem game. I have Path of Radiance (I think), but only started it up once.

I hope for those still waiting that your copies turn up today. : peace:

After I read this the postman arrived and there it was... Haha, thanks man :wink:

First of all I thought the Art book would be bigger than this:

20130418_112701.jpg

20130418_112620.jpg

20130418_113016.jpg

Honestly though, I'm not complaining. The art itself is great and I'VE FINALLY GOT THIS GAME!!!!!

I had this very same feeling 5 years ago when SSBB was finally launched. It's one of those games/consoles that you've waited for so long and you finally have it. Feels like I just unlocked an achievement.

"Non-achievement achievement unlocked. 100G"

Would you (the guys who are playing the game already) recommend it?

Yes. Try the demo if your unsure.

First of all I thought the Art book would be bigger than this:

Looks bigger than what I thought it would be.

Hmmm. Is the game brilliant BECAUSE its hard? I just want the best experience and really don't know how to play it. If its all story and characters ill go casual, if the joy is strategy I may play normal

It's both. The plot/characters aspect of it is great, but FE never really slacks on the strategy side of things. If you play casual, it just means you want to downplay the strategy side of things to see everything else the game has to offer.

But if you play on Normal Difficulty, I don't think you'll be losing characters that often. The game sounds like it's Path of Radiance difficulty, so Normal is perfect for beginners, casual or not. Many FE veterans are actually starting with Hard Mode (including SCG, if I'm not mistaken), hence the comments about difficulty.

Like I said, play as you want. My only suggestion is: if you want to see what Fire Emblem is like as a series, play Classic Mode, and you'll have a better understanding of it.

While it's all good and fun I got this yesterday, I do wish i'd opted to get it from GAME rather than Shopto. That Art book... man. Rookie mistake on my part.

Looks bigger than what I thought it would be.

Think I'm still looking through my Hyrule Historia glasses.

Anyway this game... holy crap is it good!

I'm on Chapter 3 at the moment and I've just closed the 3DS, will come back to it after I've had some lunch (late I know). I'll admit, I had to restart Chapter 2 a few times as I tried to get Lissa into some support situations but ended up getting her killed, what was more annoying was that it was near the end of the map, I only had three more enemies to take out and she was exposed to a hand-axe that 1HKO'd her.

I want to pace myself as much as possible.

Are the downloadable maps available now? or will they be available tomorrow on official release?

I've yet to open my game or check the eShop [/LazyMurr]

I will definitely play on casual. If I played on normal and lost a unit I would reload the game. I just want to enjoy the story without stress. Already went through the pain of playing through all the NIS games on PS2...

Mine arrived today including the book and whilst I'm sure it's no match for Ike's masterpiece, it's very nice for a freebie and the glossy hardback cover helps to give it a premium feel - certainly glad I swapped my order over.

Also, according to Reggie, US sales are now at 240k with 1/3 being the digital version - hopefully this will help secure FE as a series worth releasing outside Japan and actually giving a bit of effort/marketing to whilst not taking forever to do it.

Edited by Captain Falcon

Think I'm still looking through my Hyrule Historia glasses.

Anyway this game... holy crap is it good!

I'm on Chapter 3 at the moment and I've just closed the 3DS, will come back to it after I've had some lunch (late I know). I'll admit, I had to restart Chapter 2 a few times as I tried to get Lissa into some support situations but ended up getting her killed, what was more annoying was that it was near the end of the map, I only had three more enemies to take out and she was exposed to a hand-axe that 1HKO'd her.

I want to pace myself as much as possible.

Lissa is a difficult one I find, as she's too weak to do much on her own, but she's an important character so I liked to keep her in my team. Often paired her up with my avatar (I actually married them) to protect her, but once you train her up a bit and change her class, she can actually then be handy in combat as well as healing.

are supports limited? because i did one of the avatar character with fred and i dont want to waste them i did on the sacred stones

are supports limited? because i did one of the avatar character with fred and i dont want to waste them i did on the sacred stones

You can get up to support level A for everyone who is in that characters list, no limits, but you can only get to support level S with one member of the opposite sex.

oh good because i hated limits, its like having a friend limit in real life "sorry i've spoken to three people i cant have a fourth friend pffft"

Nice, was holding back on supports since I thought there might be a limit, got loads to get through now.

Glad everyone's GAME orders arrived quickly, almost didn't post about the artbook.

Are the downloadable maps available now? or will they be available tomorrow on official release?

I've yet to open my game or check the eShop [/LazyMurr]

Just checked, not up yet. Maybe at midnight?

Edited by Ike
Automerged Doublepost

DLC wasn't added at midnight so will have to download it later today. Have a voucher from the Wii U premeium thing so I know what I'm spending that one.

Cleared the first side mission and chapter 4, both were surprisingly easy.

Thought the requirement to get Donnel was interesting. Thought it might be tough since he's pretty weak so had to make sure to weaken the enemy without killing them, was annoying when I got a crit and killed them off.

:laughing:

The dual battle (pair up?) system is fantastic, especially when they block an attack. :love:

Totally forgot to use the barracks, hope I didn't miss anything.

DLC wasn't added at midnight so will have to download it later today.

Just got a notification for the DLC, can't download it now because the Wireless feature still hasn't been opened up to me yet, also I'm still on Chapter 3 as I didn't play much yesterday as I was busy with renovation.

Just got a notification for the DLC, can't download it now because the Wireless feature still hasn't been opened up to me yet, also I'm still on Chapter 3 as I didn't play much yesterday as I was busy with renovation.

Don't worry, I'm still on Chapter 3 as well... had a good couple of short gameplay sessions on the bus earlier - went out to get me a Meloetta from Game - in which I retried a battle several times, I last left it on a bookmark with about three units left - including the leader - and no deaths on my side, hopefully I'll beat it later when I go back to it. :)

Either I don't get it to work or eshop is down.

Up to chapter 6. Loving the game, but there is one thing I wish for, unless two characters already have reached level C in relationship you don't know if any two characters can build a relationship once the battle has started. Either I have to write down pairs for that battle on a notepad before the battle starts or rely on my very bad short term memory.

What can I do with WFC in this game? Just maps or characters as well? Passing people on the street isn't an option, not enough streets let alone people walking them.