NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Fire Emblem Awakening

Tried the demo earlier, the presentation is sooooooo slick!! :awesome: And the cutscenes are absolutely incredible! :o Shame about the cheesy American voice acting though. icon13.gif

Also annoying how the character customisation isn't usable in the demo version, would have been cool to mess with that. I'm guessing it's pretty basic stuff anyway.

Still not sure I'll be picking this up as I'm not a huge fan of FE, the demo has definitely left a good impression though. :)

No time to try the demo, i know this game is going to be awesome so not too fussed, gonna be losing so many hours to gaming in the next couple of months

Yeah, voices where in English, tried to set it to Japanese but couldn't find the option. A lot of the options are limited in the demo anyway. I thought the voices were pretty decent, not amazing but they didn't make my ears bleed.

The game is a massive improvement over Shadow Dragon. I like how other units can join in battle and give stat boosts, in previous games you got bonuses from units you had supports with but in this one you don't need a support bonus and it shows you what stat boosts you get. Translation was great from what was in the demo, props to 8-4 on that. Having your unit stats on the bottom screen is nice as well. Forgot there was a first person view for battles, that was interesting.

My only issue with the demo was it's a but short and left me wanting more but I have a good feeling about the game.

The game is a massive improvement over Shadow Dragon

Well yeah, comparing it to the black sheep of the series is easy :heh:

The demo was pretty short wasn't it?

Seemed pretty miserly - two levels, no customisation options at all and only ten goes.

(Having said that cant imagine playing more than once anyway.)

So anyway, I am a long time fan and will definitely be getting this but I am not sure that the demo really helps the uniniated.

What do you guys think?

So anyway, I am a long time fan and will definitely be getting this but I am not sure that the demo really helps the uniniated.

What do you guys think?

Good question. I guess if they're a fan of these kinds of RPGS then that's a start. Has anyone played on easy? there surely must be some kind of tutorial that's given throughout.

Most of the reviews I've read all say that this game is great for newcomers and long-term fans alike.

Well yeah, comparing it to the black sheep of the series is easy :heh:

Haha, that's true but I only used Shadow Dragon because it was the last Fire Emblem we (officially) got.

Seemed pretty miserly - two levels, no customisation options at all and only ten goes.

What do you guys think?

Well I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and I thought it was pretty great. I love advance wars though so it wasn't that alien to me.

Reckon I'll hold off at launch on this and get it a bit later, off to Cannes for a couple of weeks in may with 8.5 hour train journeys either way so may get it for that!

Well I've never played a Fire Emblem game before and I thought it was pretty great. I love advance wars though so it wasn't that alien to me.

Reckon I'll hold off at launch on this and get it a bit later, off to Cannes for a couple of weeks in may with 8.5 hour train journeys either way so may get it for that!

If that's the case then you should love it. Problem with the demo is that you can't really have any strategy until you have a full army set and the first levels really offer no challenge. It does bode well for the later levels though - looking forward to it.

Plus I can't imagine anything better to while away long journeys. :grin:

I forgot i actually got the SNES one as part of that ambassador thing so might play that after ive finished the demo to see how i feel.

You mean Sacred Stones which was on the GBA, right? It's a really good game though.

You mean Sacred Stones which was on the GBA, right? It's a really good game though.

Yeah i do lol, played the demo of the 3DS game a few minutes ago and im totally hooked, if i had the cash id totally buy it this month but alas the only monies i had paid for my Monster Hunter addiction instead lol. I will be playing the GBA one in the meantime.

What do you guys think?

I havent played a Fire Emblem game before and i found the hints they give you at the beginning very helpfull, was able to understand the basics by the time the demo ended. Though to be fair, i have played Final Fantasty Tactics and Super Robot Taisen before this and they are pretty similar.

Yes the demo is a pretty indication of what you can expect from the game throughout from what I've played. I'm not a fan of srpg but love this.

Saw that ad, think it's solid. Although, it won't help people who are unaware about the franchise, they won't know it's a turn based T-RPG.

Oh, there's a second "gameplay" tv ad, not sure it shows it's a SRPG mind as it only shows battle scenes. Not got sound at the moment either.

This one does contain a possible spoiler!

I was contemplating the pack with the limited edition 3DS XL. However I can't justify the mark up in price. You can get a console for £150 and the game for about £30, bollocks am I paying an extra £20 just for a squiggly pattern on the lid.

You can get a console for £150

I saw a 3DS XL going for £130-135 not too long ago, quickly out of stock though. Keep a look-out just in case.

I saw a 3DS XL going for £130-135 not too long ago, quickly out of stock though. Keep a look-out just in case.

Will do. Cheers.

The bundle is £189.85 on Shopto, cheaper than most other retailers. Not quite £180 I suppose but there you go, suppose you get some points back.

N-europe Review from @Mr\-Paul.

http://www.n-europe.com/reviews/fire-emblem-awakening

Genki Yokota (Nintendo director)

"In the end, you have people who really love the characters, and they don't want to lose them permanently when they save their progress. So that's why we added it, and I don't mind it being there. But on the other hand--and this is just a hypothetical example--let's say we wanted to depict a really big and serious war scene. In a situation like that, having permadeath would help lend weight to everything; it'd be much more tense and meaningful to players if their characters' lives were truly on the line, just like in a real war. So it really depends."
Edited by -Dem0-

GAME are giving out an artbook as a preorder bonus which has a rather nice cover I must say.

game_widget_FireEmblem.jpg

Grainger Games are giving out a wallet but it looks cheap/terrible.

game_widget_FireEmblem.jpg

So tempted is a MASSIVE understatement. I want this big time.

Going to have to think this over now.

Yep, only problem is that it's GAME who are a bit iffy on orders arriving to time.

The first and last thing I ever ordered from them (let alone pre-order) was my Cosmos Black 3DS and that arrived on launch day. Having said that I have heard many LAME things from GAME.