NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Tennis Open

Well, despite also being very disappointed with certain aspects of this game (or lack of them :heh:), my pre-order remains intact.

I'm clinging on to the hope that the online will be fun, regardless of the chance shot thing.

Be a shame if not many N-E peeps pick this up though, as doubles online is only available when playing with friends. It's just singles for online play against randoms. :hmm:

Is anyone still definitely getting this? :blank:

*Hopes that at least 3 people are.* ;)

I was originally hoping that the multiplayer was the 'stand-out' part of the game, it looks as though that is the case. But really I'll wait for some more reviews/impressions etc.

I'm going to cancel my pre-order but will probably pick it up eventually.

Well, despite also being very disappointed with certain aspects of this game (or lack of them :heh:), my pre-order remains intact.

I'm clinging on to the hope that the online will be fun, regardless of the chance shot thing.

Be a shame if not many N-E peeps pick this up though, as doubles online is only available when playing with friends. It's just singles for online play against randoms. :hmm:

I've decided to still pick this up RedShell! And I'm deffo up for some doubles / singles fun! :grin:

Keeping my pre-order too. I'm sure it'll keep me entertained over the Summer, and if I decide it's not a keeper for the collection, I'll sell it before the Autumn and Winter rush!

I'm still picking it up.
I've decided to still pick this up RedShell! And I'm deffo up for some doubles / singles fun! :grin:
Keeping my pre-order too. I'm sure it'll keep me entertained over the Summer, and if I decide it's not a keeper for the collection, I'll sell it before the Autumn and Winter rush!
N-E doubles confirmed! :hehe:

Nice one. icon14.gif

doubles is only available with friend. why would Camelot do this?

makes no sense at all!!

N-E doubles confirmed! :hehe:

Nice one. icon14.gif

I might try and rent this via Blockbuster, but won't be buying.

Me, because Nintendo has given it to me :p

I'll wait and see. At the moment I'm thinking I won't get it. The chance shots seem to appear almost every shot (based on that video on the other page) =\ not good. Mario Tennis on the 64 had it perfect. You had those star shots you could do but that was only under specific circumstances and didn't appear very often - or never at all if you were actually good at the game.

As the guy said in the video, the chance shots appear so frequently that you'll just be heading to them straight away without really thinking about the actual game.

Me, because Nintendo has given it to me :p
Sorry, the N-E doubles tournament is full now. :heh:

You can be a ball boy though. :laughing:

I hope that the chance shots aren't as frequent as they appear in that video. It does look a lot like a tennis version of simon says...

Buying it, you know it's still gonna be a whole lot of fun regardless of a few minor issues.

Still going to get this, pre order intact :)

altho i was hoping for a pure tennis game like the n64 one, with no gimmicks

i think i would even prefer having the power shots from the gamecube version than these chance shots,, maybe that review was incorrect ? you must be able to turn them off

I think some of you guys are as bad as Nadal and jokeovic, you will be complaining that the courts are the wrong colour next ;) by simply refusing to take part ;)

I really hope thsi game sells well so that mario golf 3d will be made

Edited by yesteryeargames

from looking at the vid review, to me it looks like the chance shots could be a game breaker to be honest.

The game seems to be controlling you with it telling you where the shot will land. All your doing is following a marker.

The bare minimum should have been an option to turn off when playing online.

Is it bad that I'm trying to convince myself to keep my pre-order because they might use the new patching feature to patch in the ability to switch the chance shots off? It's just too unlikely!

Well Nintendo Gamer gave it 80% in their new issue. They said how the chance shots are over powered but you can ignore them to confuse your opponent. They did mention they can be countered as well.

I'm sticking to my pre-order, it's going to be fun, and I like to a great variety of games.

Famitsu gave it 34/40

Mario Tennis Open (3DS) – 9/8/8/9