NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Mario Tennis Open

Just confirmed at the 3DS conference. Just a short clip but graphics are amazing. Best of all not a Power Shot in sight. :D

This had better have the RPG mode that the previous handheld games had.

I loved the 'career' mode on the GBC version :)

Awesome news. RPG mode would be sweet! Wonder if Camelot are making it...

Golf next? I wouldn't mind a portable strikers charged neither!

Edited by tapedeck
Automerged Doublepost

Love Mario Tennis on the N64. Really glad to see Camelot making it again, let's hope they don't ruin it with powerups this time!

Great news! Didn't expect this announcement at all. :santa:

I preferred the GBC version to the GBA, so hopefully it will have the spirit of that one and bring some new ideas to the series. Wonder if there'll be a Wii U one coming later for character transfer. :indeed: The possibilities!

The 3D should work really well when you have the camera positioned behind you like this:

img_ss03.jpg

Very excited about this.

This is the kind of game the 3DS was made for.

DS nowhere near powerful enough to run something like this but the 3DS will do it with ease.

Also, its a great game to show off the 3d so I expect an amazing looking game.

It's Mario. Its pick up and play. Its a 'real' handheld game.

Verrrry excited!! :bouncy:

Anyone mentioned the dreaded words? "Is it online?"

I will... <clears throat>

Has there been any news as to if this will have online play or not?

;)

It's Mario. Its pick up and play. Its a 'real' handheld game.

Verrrry excited!! :bouncy:

Could not agree more!

The 3D should work really well when you have the camera positioned behind you..

Yeh :hehe: That's definitely one of the things that I'll be looking forward to with this game!

I was certainly happy to see that no power ups were shown in the footage.. hopefully it stays that way as the Gamecube game was pretty disappointing for me in comparison to the N64 game..

I have, however, fallen a little out of love with the series in general in recent years with not even the N64 version really satisfying me any more, for whatever reason :hmm: Hopefully this will rectify the situation :smile:

Anyone mentioned the dreaded words? "Is it online?"

big-red-x_~k0750358.jpg

Edited by david.dakota

I would love this title to be online so much. I probably won't get the chance to play with anyone otherwise =\

Well, super phun thyme and all, but hey......It's another Mario sports game......

Why doesn't NINTENDO buy an island, put a douzen or so EAD development teams on there and have them create every type of Mario game for the rest of their lives. It could become some sort of a Mario colony where ALL IS MARIO.

:hmm:Hmmm, if only they could persuade Kim Jong Il to get his nation to..... :laughing:

I'm trying to be cool about it, but damn....

I'm just hoping that when the chips are down, NINTENDO won't pump out hundreds of new Mario sequels every time.

Edited by Fused King

Well, super phun thyme and all, but hey......It's another Mario sports game......

When they reveal Fawful is playable you'll miraculously change your tune. :heh:

I knew Camelot made these games but I wasn't aware Motoi Sakuraba did the music as well - it sounds more like a left over from Golden Sun than from a Mario sports game. Not bad at all, just not quite what I was expecting.

This is...so bizarre. Why didn't they put this on the Wiiiii?! Still, very happy we're getting a new Mario Tennis. Hope it's as awesome as the one on the 64. Didn't play Cube version.

This is...so bizarre. Why didn't they put this on the Wiiiii?! Still, very happy we're getting a new Mario Tennis. Hope it's as awesome as the one on the 64. Didn't play Cube version.

I often wondered why they didn't make use of Motion Plus for a Mario Tennis or, preferably, a Super Tennis on Wii or that the balance board wasn't made use of for a new 1080 Snowboarding :hmm:

..and then they announced Wii U :eek:

At this point, I'm almost excited that they haven't released these games on Wii as it perhaps increases the possibility of seeing these things on the new hardware as we know the Wii peripherals are all compatible :hehe:

I'm not particularly looking forward to Mario Tennis 3DS, though.. mainly due to the Gamecube game and, more recently, the update with New Play Control on Wii. Neither were amazing..

Confirmed for us as May 25th.

They have added touch screen controls, local and online multiplayer plus online leaderboards/ rankings. You can also use the gyro to control the camera and look around the courts. You can use your Mii and dress them up too...

Confirmed for us as May 25th.

They have added touch screen controls, local and online multiplayer plus online leaderboards/ rankings. You can also use the gyro to control the camera and look around the courts. You can use your Mii and dress them up too...

Wasn't really that interested in this, seeing as it looked so similar to the GCN version. But those features will probably be enough for me to pick this up now. :)

If they added a story mode (RPG style using your Mii), then we'd be talking must-have. ;)

Wasn't really that interested in this, seeing as it looked so similar to the GCN version. But those features will probably be enough for me to pick this up now. :)

If they added a story mode (RPG style using your Mii), then we'd be talking must-have. ;)

This is the pivot around which my want for this game hinges. If there's no RPG story mode, ala that of the GBC version, then forget it. Not been majorly impressed with any of the Mario Tennis games aside from the GBC one for that story mode and even online isn't enough to bring me in.

If they can give that story mode, then it's an instant day-1 buy for me, providing it cuts back on all of the new types of shots they've added and keep it pure tennis.

Very very very excited about this game.

The fact it has online play and ranking / leader boards is win.

Roll on May!! : peace: