NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Haven't played FFV or FFVI yet but I liked their songs.

Also bought FFVI off the PSN. I know it's not the best version, but it was cheap.

Playing this really makes me want to play 6 and 9 again, really would love 6 to be remade for the 3DS and port 9

Its also given me a further hatred for 8, it really seems out of place with the rest

I would like to play XI but I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game. Same goes for FFXIV.

Do you not like Battle at the Bridge on FFV? I really love that song.

Nah not really. There are much better FF battle tunes (Hexadrive, Force your Way, FF4 Battle 2, FF3 Boss Battle, Birth of a God etc)

If you want to play FF11, I think they have a free 1 monh trial period...

Don't play 11, for the love of god do not play it! i had it for a 18 months and in all that time i only reached level 20! it was a terribly repetitive game at lower levels, supposedly better past level 30. But the only way to reach that was partying up, and most people didn't want to party with lower level players.

I had the game during its peak too, so if it was bad then i can only imagine it being worse now.

Utter waste of money

Don't play 11, for the love of god do not play it! i had it for a 18 months and in all that time i only reached level 20! it was a terribly repetitive game at lower levels, supposedly better past level 30. But the only way to reach that was partying up, and most people didn't want to party with lower level players.

I had the game during its peak too, so if it was bad then i can only imagine it being worse now.

Utter waste of money

Status quo for the MMO? No?

Status quo for the MMO? No?

I've only ever played three so i'm not sure

FFXI which i described above, WOW which i just didn't like and stopped at the end of the 30 day trial, and Star Wars Galaxies which i played to death and had a generally great experience with - i played it until i'd just about to become a jedi, left it for a couple of months while i had exams and came back to the new game engine which let you choose to be a Jedi...... ruined the game for me there

so for me i've only played 2 enough to judge and it was a 50/50 split really

Haven't played FFV or FFVI yet but I liked their songs.

Also bought FFVI off the PSN. I know it's not the best version, but it was cheap.

Should have got it on the VC! Cheapo. :heh:

Should have got it on the VC! Cheapo. :heh:

... I totally forgot it was on there and I have already bought it.

The RPG stuff only affects things in the Chaos Shrine mode, where you have to travel as far as you can and defeat as many enemies as possible to get rare items and crystal shards to unlock extra characters. If you're playing Series or Challenge mode then it's best to unequip all the skills and items you have in order to get a better score (2 million bonus points :eek: ) though I prefer leaving them on so I get to ride chocobos and summon monsters and get extra Event sequences.

So, @darksnowman just brought my attention to this amaaaaaazing track! :bouncy: ...

...and also to the fact that it's not in this game!! :eek:

Unless it's to be part of the DLC. :blank:

Seriously... Are Square Enix taking the piss, or what? :sad: Because I just don't understand how a track like that, didn't make the cut for a game like this. ::shrug:

Man, I love this game to bits, it's just a shame I suck at it. I tried the Chaos Shrine yesterday and got owned. I just couldn't keep up with the pace of things. I also tried Encore Mode, which was fun but the song sucked. I've never liked Dancing Mad and always found it one of the most overrated songs in the FF universe. It's just not epic or catchy, such a letdown.

My characters are now kicking around the 30 levels. I have assigned some abilities but haven't used any items, purely because I haven't got a clue how to. :D I'm gonna try and get all perfect chain S ranks on the basic songs today. I keep getting screwed over by the direction panels as the game sometimes doesn't register my movements.

So, @darksnowman just brought my attention to this amaaaaaazing track! :bouncy: ...

Seriously... Are Square Enix taking the piss, or what? :sad: Because I just don't understand how a track like that, didn't make the cut for a game like this. ::shrug:

That's just wrong.

Any way, I've decided to buy the game after all. Back in a little while!

Would be nice if they had previews for the songs before you download for people like me who aren't too familiar with the music. I guess there's always Youtube though :p

Either they were all sold out or they never had the game to begin with. Had to buy it online and hopefully I will have the game on Wednesday.

UK Chart placements

01 3DS Chart

19 All Formats (All Prices)

16 All Formats (Full Prices)

Not bad for a niche rhythm game.

Rhythm Paradise Wii failed to make the Top 40. :(

I find the game way too easy and slightly dull on basic. I do with all rhythm games. Wish you could skip straight the harder modes, but then I'm a bit of a completion it's so I'd probably finish it anyway. I guess I wish it just started harder.

Great little game. Clued easily do with more versions of it, and Nintendo definitely need to give them their licenses.

... I totally forgot it was on there and I have already bought it.

You numpty.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

That really is a great track isn't it! I've listened to it a couple of times now and can't help but smile.

The tracks that come on the cart are topnotch nonetheless, so stop whinging and just get the game already. :grin:

Man, I love this game to bits, it's just a shame I suck at it. I tried the Chaos Shrine yesterday and got owned. I just couldn't keep up with the pace of things. I also tried Encore Mode, which was fun but the song sucked. I've never liked Dancing Mad and always found it one of the most overrated songs in the FF universe. It's just not epic or catchy, such a letdown.

My characters are now kicking around the 30 levels. I have assigned some abilities but haven't used any items, purely because I haven't got a clue how to. :D I'm gonna try and get all perfect chain S ranks on the basic songs today. I keep getting screwed over by the direction panels as the game sometimes doesn't register my movements.

I normally suck big time at rhythm games but I'm kicking this ones ass. :bouncy: It helps massively that its a nostalgia overload meaning theres no rage quitting, I can't get enough of it at the minute. I like the way it switches between instruments mid-song. Means you can't zone out.

I totally agree with Dancing Mad. That track always gets SO much praise but its nothing special at all, imo. Same goes for that FF VII track that everyone raves about, One Winged Angel. Just urgh.

My party are approaching lvl 99 now. :blush: Soon be time to switch them out for some other characters!

This week's DLC... http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/07/nintendo_download_12th_july_2012_europe

Matoya's Cave and FF3 Battle 1 get!

Its too soon for DLC. I haven't got the most out of the on cart content yet!

@Grazza are you getting this? There's a feature called Dark Notes which are like the post game grottoes in DQ IX. You'd love it. You beat one to get another, theres bosses and item drops, its all here. :hehe:

Level 99 already? Wow! How many hours have you spent on it?

I've started to get better at this, it kinda just happened. I'm owning all the Dark Note levels and massively enjoying it, even though it still refuses to give up shards! :mad:

Just hit level 35 with my troops. Not long before I get my limit breaks and start really doing some damage, but for now it's back to FFV!

I should have ordered this sooner. I want it more everytime you guys posts :(

Level 99 already? Wow! How many hours have you spent on it?

I've started to get better at this, it kinda just happened. I'm owning all the Dark Note levels and massively enjoying it, even though it still refuses to give up shards! :mad:

Just hit level 35 with my troops. Not long before I get my limit breaks and start really doing some damage, but for now it's back to FFV!

My lead character is lvl 90 and the other three are lagging behind at lvl 84. The records say I have spent 12h56 on it. :blush: Feels like I've barely started.

Speaking of shards, is there any way to view your progress with them?

I should have ordered this sooner. I want it more everytime you guys posts :(

Hopefully it lives up to the hype we've created...! : peace:

@Grazza are you getting this? There's a feature called Dark Notes which are like the post game grottoes in DQ IX. You'd love it. You beat one to get another, there's bosses and item drops, its all here. :hehe:

Hmm, you've piqued my interest, but I'm terrible at rhythm games. Last one I bought was Donkey Konga. When I saw those bongos, I imagined myself as a drumming prodigy. Yes, I was sure I would dazzle everyone with my bongo skills. What happened was I bought it and couldn't keep up with the Legend of Zelda theme. :heh:

But this does sound interesting, so I'll investigate it. :)

Rhythm Paradise Wii failed to make the Top 40. :(
Infuriating. :mad:

Perplexing. :blank:

And downright depressing. :(

stop whinging and just get the game already. :grin:
Hold your Chocobos! :heh:

Not until the definitive rhythm game is complete. ;)

And having seen that shocking statistic from welsh_gamer, can I just suggest to anyone that's enjoying this game, but hasn't picked up Beat the Beat, that you do yourself a favour and rectify that situation ASAP. :idea: