NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

So basically to get the other bosses yu have to be a little worse? Bizarre.

Do items and levels actually matter? If you tap everything what else can they do?

Not at all. It's all about how you equip your abilities. Most abilities that raise your attack lower your agility. So you may be able to kill the bosses easily but you will never get the option to fight the ones that drop better goods because your characters are too slow. It's all about balance.

As for levelling up, yeah it does matter. As you level up you gain more abilities and your stats increase. Once a character reaches level 40 they gain their limit breaks ( special move ) which can kill a boss in a few hits. I have a limit break equipped on each of my characters and can kill Jenova on Dark Notes in just a few hits. This allows me to go through the sequence twice and gives me the opportunity to gain more chances for shards.

Items I haven't really dabbled with yet, but some can give experience boosts, others heal your characters and some can give better drop rates. An item can only be used once UNLESS it's a scroll. These teach your characters abilities and once learned they keep that ability.

Not at all. It's all about how you equip your abilities. Most abilities that raise your attack lower your agility. So you may be able to kill the bosses easily but you will never get the option to fight the ones that drop better goods because your characters are too slow. It's all about balance.

As for levelling up, yeah it does matter. As you level up you gain more abilities and your stats increase. Once a character reaches level 40 they gain their limit breaks ( special move ) which can kill a boss in a few hits. I have a limit break equipped on each of my characters and can kill Jenova on Dark Notes in just a few hits. This allows me to go through the sequence twice and gives me the opportunity to gain more chances for shards.

Items I haven't really dabbled with yet, but some can give experience boosts, others heal your characters and some can give better drop rates. An item can only be used once UNLESS it's a scroll. These teach your characters abilities and once learned they keep that ability.

So what's the difference between strength and agility with regards to the game? Also, you said the better you do in the FMS then you get access to the boss 3 or 2 depending on how well you do in the BMS? To me that says I need to do worse in FMS if I want to play the first boss!! Or am I deeply confused!

So what's the difference between strength and agility with regards to the game? Also, you said the better you do in the FMS then you get access to the boss 3 or 2 depending on how well you do in the BMS? To me that says I need to do worse in FMS if I want to play the first boss!! Or am I deeply confused!

I guess that is true. To get the first boss do worse but why would you want to fight the first boss? They drop shoddy items and some don't even give a shard.

Strength is the damage you do to enemies/bosses and agility is how fast your character moves through the FMS levels.

Okay. Weird system. I just though the fighting and battles was just a backdrop for the game... Is this only in dark crystal mode I presume?! How many songs are in the game? I thought there was about 79, but there's 39 main songs, I've unlocked one more.

Strength Up level 2 and 3 reduce a characters' agility so if you want to fight Boss 1 just plop Strength Up on your party leader and use him in the field stage.

But what's the out if the shards? Just to unlock more stuff?

Also, I've played the same song in different shards and it's not the same rhythm, are there multiple rythms per song or would it just be a different difficulty (felt similar difficulty)? Also wish doing the shards counted as a rating in the individual sngs, saves repeating loads of stuff.

Still really enjoying the game. Tink I'll be playing for hours and hours to come as there's good incentive to keep playing. I will say that I'm really REALLY not a fan of the event stages though, not only are they just weak FMS stages with pretty backdrops, I absolutely detest the way it speeds up and slowly down for now discernible reason other than to make it harder and not a fan of the winding course it goes on. Easily the weakest aspect to the game for me.

Oh, and knowing nothing about final fantasy at all. FIGHT WITH SEYMOUR is my favourite track by far, always great fun to play to!

It's just to unlock other characters... I have a dark note with Zanarkand and Fight With Seymour set as my street pass one :D

I am... so addicted to this game right now! It might be the only 3DS game I have been hooked on since Mario 3D...

Price drop!

£14.95 at Zavvi

£15.85 at ShopTo.Net

Ooooo... tempting.

But will it drop further?... That is the question. :heh:

Would definitely bite at a tenner. :D

Price drop!

£14.95 at Zavvi

£15.85 at ShopTo.Net

That's just utterly insane. You'd be nuts not to pick it up at that price! :o

Easily one of the best games on 3DS and it's a measly £15!? Bargain!

We haven't really discussed this for a while, but I will just say that is have been utterly addicted to this game, think its incredible actually, and I don't know any of the music. I've put in 20 hours and there's still so much more to complete and unlock and such. At £15 you'd be mad not to pick it up, especially if you like rhythm games!

Ooooo... tempting.

But will it drop further?... That is the question. :heh:

Would definitely bite at a tenner. :D

Wait a bit longer I say, wait till it's £10

For me it's easily one of the best 3DS games out there. It has a massive amount of content and unlockables and also quite a deep RPG system, especially when you consider it's a rhythm game. £15 is quite frankly a bargain for this game.

It's a rhythm game based off an RPG, with no music remastered especially the the older ones, it has a medicore RPG system that is easy to cheat with. Once I knew how to get everything easy it took me 2 hours to get all characters and songs. Is it a good rhythm game? Kind of, but compared to other rhythm games it's laughable, it's more of a nostalgic game for fans. If you are not into the FF series then I don't think you will like it so much, hence why I think it's better to get it cheaper if you are not one.

It's a rhythm game based off an RPG, with no music remastered especially the the older ones, it has a medicore RPG system that is easy to cheat with. Once I knew how to get everything easy it took me 2 hours to get all characters and songs. Is it a good rhythm game? Kind of, but compared to other rhythm games it's laughable, it's more of a nostalgic game for fans. If you are not into the FF series then I don't think you will like it so much, hence why I think it's better to get it cheaper if you are not one.

Care to share said method? I've put around 20 hours into it and have only unlocked 2 characters. I know guys on Gaf who have put up to 60 hours into the game and have yet to unlock everything.

Also people who aren't fans of FF can enjoy the game, just look at Dazzybee. :D

Care to share said method? I've put around 20 hours into it and have only unlocked 2 characters. I know guys on Gaf who have put up to 60 hours into the game and have yet to unlock everything.

lvl up your 4 main characters (Preferably the ones that are best with heavy dmg in battles) Grab your 4 weakest characters and throw them into the pit of the chaos area thingy make them win. Whatever those weaklings get from prizes of scrolls are very weak monsters, now just put your steroid junkies against those poor monsters, in the end each session you should get 2 to 3 shards.

I just felt this game was...lazy, not in the typical guitar hero way, but more of the lines of 'They could have made this game into something even more awesome!'

lvl up your 4 main characters (Preferably the ones that are best with heavy dmg in battles) Grab your 4 weakest characters and throw them into the pit of the chaos area thingy make them win. Whatever those weaklings get from prizes of scrolls are very weak monsters, now just put your steroid junkies against those poor monsters, in the end each session you should get 2 to 3 shards.

Yeah, that method is fine for a few shards but you can't get certain shards unless your characters are levelled up. The likes of Navy and Black only appear on scrolls level 51-99 and Rainbow, White, Grey, Purple and Gold only appear on scrolls levels 26-99. Then you have to hope and pray that they actually drop the ones you need. Also, it takes at least 45000 points to unlock the last song, which would longer to unlock playing the weaker songs.

Pit? What's this pit?

I've put in over 20 hours and to close to getting everything. I've s ranked all series and pretty much every individual song. Am trying to build up characters but it takes ages. Once I've finished s ranking I might trophy hunt, perfect changing all sobs is tempting, but probably not... May just whack out the chaos shrine every so often and stop beasting it quite so much

Pit? What's this pit?

I've put in over 20 hours and to close to getting everything. I've s ranked all series and pretty much every individual song. Am trying to build up characters but it takes ages. Once I've finished s ranking I might trophy hunt, perfect changing all sobs is tempting, but probably not... May just whack out the chaos shrine every so often and stop beasting it quite so much

He means the Chaos Shrine.

How many characters have you unlocked, Dazzy? That's where most of the time seems to get sunk into.

You do know you can SSS rank a song, right?

SSS rank? You lie. I've perfected a song and got 7999999 and still only got S. p,ease tell me you lie :)

I think I've unlocked two characters. To be honest I'm not really trying to unlock them. I've literally just S ranked everything. Haven't even done many chaos shrines

SSS rank? You lie. I've perfected a song and got 7999999 and still only got S. p,ease tell me you lie :)

I think I've unlocked two characters. To be honest I'm not really trying to unlock them. I've literally just S ranked everything. Haven't even done many chaos shrines

Then you have a long way to go yet.

I was being serious about SSS. Take off all your equipment/abilities from each of your characters and then do a perfect run on a song....see what happens. :D

What... But they don't even help so what's the point of that? Ridiculous!

This week's DLC...

Movement in Green (FF10 - FMS)

Sunken Shrine (FF01 - FMS)

Battle Theme (FF10 - BMS)

Fight On! (FF07 - BMS).

Will be getting all except Movement in Green :D