NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Ahh that does make sense really, i just thought it wuld be up with the Eshop stuff

yesterday the add on content section of theatrhythm wouldn't connect it crapped out, today it connects but its blank and thought originally the content went up with the eshop and thats why it was suddenly connecting

I can confirm Mambo de Chocobo is in the game. @RedShell you know what to do.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio
Thanks, but I was aware of Mambo being in it already, it's Samba de Chocobo I'm most interested in.

Can't believe it's not part of the main track list! :o If there's another FF song with that much rhythm, I sure as hell haven't heard it. :blank:

So yeah, it looks like the only chance of its inclusion is via DLC, so please keep me posted if you spot it. :)

DLC is up!

Snagged the FF2 Battle Theme, The Final Battle (FF4), Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI), Cosmo Canyon and Ride On.

Really wish there was a cart. So annoying having to buy them all one by one.

Edit: LOL! "purchased 5/8 songs" Nice to see them tapping into the OCD tendencies of their fanbase! Clever bastards :laughing:

Edited by Dcubed

I'm still waiting for the game, didn't come in today's post :(

How do you play DLC songs? I wanna buy Cosmo Canyon as soon as I get the game.

I also pre-ordered from Amazon and I received confirmation a few hours ago that the game's shipped. So perhaps you'll still get it by tomorrow. :)

I didn't receive mine today. I hope you fared better.

I'm still waiting for the game, didn't come in today's post :(

How do you play DLC songs? I wanna buy Cosmo Canyon as soon as I get the game.

All DLC songs are played in Challenge Mode (alongside all the other songs)

There's a button on the title screen that brings up the DLC shop, that appears once you've beaten the tutorial. You can't miss it!

Thanks, but I was aware of Mambo being in it already, it's Samba de Chocobo I'm most interested in.

Can't believe it's not part of the main track list! :o If there's another FF song with that much rhythm, I sure as hell haven't heard it. :blank:

So yeah, it looks like the only chance of its inclusion is via DLC, so please keep me posted if you spot it. :)

Wait, so you aren't currently planning on getting Theatrhythm?! You'd love this game, seriously!

whats-wrong-with-you-Reggie-Fils-Aime-my-body-is-ready-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1290.gif

DLC is up!

Snagged the FF2 Battle Theme, The Final Battle (FF4), Fighters of the Crystal (FFXI), Cosmo Canyon and Ride On.

Really wish there was a cart. So annoying having to buy them all one by one.

Edit: LOL! "purchased 5/8 songs" Nice to see them tapping into the OCD tendencies of their fanbase! Clever bastards :laughing:

Lol, really? I thought I'd only buy the 2D FF tunes but over time I might have to complete the collection. Hopefully there will be Theatrhythm eShop promotions in future. :hehe:

Lol, really? I thought I'd only buy the 2D FF tunes but over time I might have to complete the collection. Hopefully there will be Theatrhythm eShop promotions in future. :hehe:

Not impossible. Japan got a Theatrhthyhm promotion around launch where the DLC was offered at a reduced price (As did Fire Emblem Awakening with it's limited time free DLC)

I bet when they do a promotion, it'll be for all the songs I already own... ::shrug:

Wait, so you aren't currently planning on getting Theatrhythm?! You'd love this game, seriously!

whats-wrong-with-you-Reggie-Fils-Aime-my-body-is-ready-other-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-1290.gif

Hehehe! :laughing:

You've been dying to use that .gif on me, haven't you? :heh:

I do plan to get this game (and Rhythm Thief) eventually, but right now my attention is on Beat the Beat. ;) Ain't nothin' gonna get in the way of my playthrough on that, and certainly not another rhythm game.

I didn't receive mine today. I hope you fared better.

Nope, didn't receive it either. Oh well, only 5 (almost) unplayed 3DS games + Heroes of Ruin to kill time with then. :D

Gotta love those cute, randomized battlecries! :p

Anyways, I'm loving this game, even though I'm not a FF-fan. But great music is great music and it's so fun to play. I've never had any interest in playing this until I tried the demo. Thank you, demo! ;)

I understand they want to make this into a franchise. I wonder what series they will tackle next. I wouldn't mind a collaboration with Nintendo and dig into Nintendo's music catalogue.

The credits just rolled but theres bucketloads still left to play, unlock and enjoy in this game. I've barely scraped the surface!

I saw this video on Youtube today and well... I hope this song is in the game! I never knew it was Tifa's theme though, I always thought of it as random Nibelheim music.

I saw this video on Youtube today and well... I hope this song is in the game! I never knew it was Tifa's theme though, I always thought of it as random Nibelheim music.

Tifa's Theme is a great tune. The rendition on the FF VII Piano Collection is chillingly good.

I got the game today! Did the Final Fantasy 1 course and now I'm buying Cosmo Canyon then I'll go through the rest of the games in order. I'm using Zidane as leader, Cloud, FF1 guy and Lightning as my team. There's now 8 DLC songs to purchase, it looks like they've added more field music.

I received my copy from Amazon today. I like the pre-order stylus though I do wish they'd have gone with 'card-in-a-holder' rather than sticker for the little characters.

Just took on my first ultimate tune. It was none other than... Defiers of Fate (FF XIII) which I obviously failed - with a C rank - first time but have got myself up to a B since. I'm yet to play FF XIII but I'm loving all three tunes from it that're in this, especially Defiers of Fate with the FMV mayhem that goes on behind it all. :bowdown:

I opened up an Encore section too with Dancing Mad (FF VI) in it. Not sure how or when I got that but its good to see there are unlockable tunes, as I thought the add-on content might be the only way to expand the track list.

I've completed all the games in Series mode. Did anyone else notice that FF10-13 have 3D video for their Event Stage? Wonder why the others don't... Would've loved to see the FF8 dance in 3D lol. Gonna start Chaos Shrine soon, my team are only on level 18.

I've completed all the games in Series mode. Did anyone else notice that FF10-13 have 3D video for their Event Stage? Wonder why the others don't... Would've loved to see the FF8 dance in 3D lol. Gonna start Chaos Shrine soon, my team are only on level 18.

I thought the same at first too, but they're not 3D. It's probably the smoother framerate that fooled me at first, but they're still 2D.

The way they handle video in this is weird. It's 2D placed onto a polygon and pushed forward and backward when you raise or lower the depth slider. It's also a good showcase for how the field of view actually increases when 3D is raised or lowered! (making the 3DS screen's visible aspect ratio actually 16 x 9 when 3D is turned up to full; that's why they chose such a weird aspect ratio for their screen!)

I was wondering if those FMVs were converted to 3D as well. I had a good squint at the FF XIII one and it does seem like there's some depth going on there - its a nice illusion. To add to my previous comment, I'd take 3DS ports of FF X-XIII too now. VII-IX not so much. They should stick FF XI on 3DS with full online...and I'm not joking. :heh:

Well, I've went and downloaded the FF XIII OST. Theatrhythm has made me want to get stuck in and play/replay the entire series. This game. :cool:

Well, I've went and downloaded the FF XIII OST. Theatrhythm has made me want to get stuck in and play/replay the entire series. This game. :cool:

The OST for XIII is great! Hell, I love the whole game and its sequel, so any inclusion of the world of XIII is a plus in my eyes.

I've just had the credits roll now. Love the game to bits, it really is a FF fans dream. It's just a shame I suck at these types of games, so I will probably e stuck playing on beginner mode for the duration.

I'm gonna attempt to unlock some characters now...

This game has given me a new appreciation for FFXI's OST. It's really underrated! Wish I gave it a fair shake before!

FF5 and FF12's OSTs still suck though (outside of a select few, most of which are actually included in Theathythm! - Home Sweet Home is FF5's best song!)

FF6 has the best OST in the series, but ironically has the worst choice of songs in this game. Soooo many good songs they could've picked and ignored :( ( and Dancing Mad being cut to just the last movement only is a crime!)

Edited by Dcubed

This game has given me a new appreciation for FFXI's OST. It's really underrated! Wish I gave it a fair shake before!

FF5 and FF12's OSTs still suck though (outside of a select few, most of which are actually included in Theathythm! - Home Sweet Home is FF5's best song!)

I would like to play XI but I refuse to pay a monthly fee to play a game. Same goes for FFXIV.

Do you not like Battle at the Bridge on FFV? I really love that song.

Loving the game. Wish I knew the music and character more though. Keep thinking how amazing it would be if it was based on Zelda :)

I don't understand the rpg elements AT ALL. But oh well... Having fun and doing pretty well with it too. Wish thee were online leaderboards!