NEurope
Hero-of-Time

Theatrhythm: Final Fantasy

Rock Band DLC is 99p per song on the PS3 so 90p is a good price. Looks like I'll be getting Cosmo Canyon, that is if Sainsbury's delivers the game on time which I doubt.

Rock Band DLC is 99p per song on the PS3 so 90p is a good price. Looks like I'll be getting Cosmo Canyon, that is if Sainsbury's delivers the game on time which I doubt.

But I think that is too expensive. Also, do you get the FULL songs on Teathrythm?

My copy has also arrived, but I won't be playing it anytime soon, the Flu I've recently been suffering from has since yesterday, blocked my right ear, it also hurts quite a lot. No headphones means no Theatrhythm.

Dammit. I ended up preordering but now won't get it tomorrow. If I just accepted defeat last week I could've been playing it tonight. Have a night off too. Don't know until Sunday, maybe monday!

But I think that is too expensive. Also, do you get the FULL songs on Teathrythm?

No idea but I'm sure someone here will find out for us :D

My game hasn't even been dispatched yet :mad:

Dammit. I ended up preordering but now won't get it tomorrow. If I just accepted defeat last week I could've been playing it tonight. Have a night off too. Don't know until Sunday, maybe monday!

Where did you order from? I only just ordered yesterday from Shopto.net and it arrived today.

My game hasn't even been dispatched yet :mad:

:( But you got a good deal, right?

Here's my photoshoot with the game.

(I got it @\-Dem0\-!)

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0662.jpg

IMAG0663.jpg

I've finally cancelled out of my suspended (first) try of the Heroes of Ruin demo. Now to pop in my headphones and try Theatrhythm out. In the meantime Ferrer should have pretty much finished Murray off. :grin:

Where did you order from? I only just ordered yesterday from Shopto.net and it arrived today.

I ordered from shop to, but last night. It shipped this morning!

PS Tell us if this is the third good game for the system ;)

I ordered from shop to, but last night. It shipped this morning!

PS Tell us if this is the third good game for the system ;)

It seems very good but obviously not a killer app. :wink: Its pure Final Fantasy fan service.

I didn't realise that all the action takes place on the top screen and you can tap anywhere on the touch screen. I thought it would be like EBA where the circles are on the touch screen for you to tap. And the taps/ swipes match up really well with the music - I'm very impressed with how they've worked it.

I'm running with a party of Onion Knight, Warrior of Light, Bartz and Terra. I'm gonna predict H-o-T will include atleast Squall from the 3D FFs in his party.

Got it, came today, it's AWESOME! (as expected)

There are a couple of things that disappoint me though. All the FMVs are unchanged from the Japanese version (seriously S-E!? You're too lazy to swap them out for videos of the English versions!?) and they inexplicably use the Japanese version of Melodies of Life instead of the English one (lazy bastards :mad:)

The gameplay is rock solid for the stages except for one thing - The Intro and Ending songs. They cheaped out with them and have you just tapping along with the music - kinda boring in comparison to the rest of the stages (which are all awesome!)

Also, I was hoping for a few more series history bits that you'd be able to browse and unlock. The collectable cards are nice, but I was hoping that they might detail the series history a bit more. Nitpicky yes, but it would've been nice.

The co-op mode is fun for unlocking stuff together, nothing earthshattering but it's always funny when someone else messes up and doesn't get any rare items while you do :D

I hope they have some DLC music from some of the spinoffs as well, like FF:CC and Mystic Quest!

I don't know if you get an extended version on higher difficulties but some songs are cut short (cough One Winged Angel/cough)

IMAG0661.jpg

Congrats on choosing the best version of FF5 BTW!

Edited by Dcubed

Yeah thought they'd be cut down versions. Plus I think rock band and guitar hero offer more value for each song. 90 p is a rip off on all regards. It's more expensive than buying an actual full song on iTunes.

Also, I don't really like final fantasy and definitely don't know the music, won't be a problem will it. I just love rhythm games!

Yeah thought they'd be cut down versions. Plus I think rock band and guitar hero offer more value for each song. 90 p is a rip off on all regards. It's more expensive than buying an actual full song on iTunes.

Also, I don't really like final fantasy and definitely don't know the music, won't be a problem will it. I just love rhythm games!

That's the same with all rhythm games and it'll always be the case since there's actual dev work that goes into making each song (making scores that match up with each tune - 3 in Theathythm's case) unlike on iTunes where they literally just copy and paste an MP3 file with no cost involved at all. Relative to other rhythm games, and indeed the JPN version of Theatrhythm, 90p is actually a very good price!

Also some songs come with new 3D backgrounds while you're playing, so you're not just paying for the song.

Edited by Dcubed

Producer, Ichiro Hazama had this to say.

"We’re thinking big picture. Of course we want to make a franchise. The franchise is Theatrhythm, and could encompass other franchises like Theatrhythm SaGa or Theatrhythm Seiken Densetsu."
Edited by -Dem0-

There are a couple of things that disappoint me though. All the FMVs are unchanged from the Japanese version (seriously S-E!? You're too lazy to swap them out for videos of the English versions!?)

Probably because an English version of some of them doesn't exist? I think, I still get confused over the messed up releases :P FFIII didn't get an English release until the DS version right? Guess they wanted to keep it consistent instead of having some English and some Japanese?

Real answer: SE is lazy.

Anyway, can't wait for Theatrhythm: Dragon Quest :)

Mine also arrived today! its really addictive

One thing i have noticed is the 3DS speakers do not do the game justice, out of curiosity i plugged a phono to phone cable into my 3ds and my surround sound system on my TV, and the sound quality was amazing, it made me sad when i removed it (having to use it .5m from the surround sound system defeats portability)

definitely one for headphones i think

just wish the DLC was up!

Right well I completely botched the FMV FF VII one at the part when

Aeris died in the background.

:cry:

Know what this has made me want? 3D Classics of FF I-VI. :cool: As well as Theatrhythm Chrono Trigger.

I'm running with a party of Onion Knight, Warrior of Light, Bartz and Terra. I'm gonna predict H-o-T will include atleast Squall from the 3D FFs in his party.

You know me too well. :D I'm rocking Squall, Cloud, Zidane and Tidus. Boys rule, girls etc. Having a team of guys has been getting me a bonus after every song, which was a pleasant surprise.

One thing i have noticed is the 3DS speakers do not do the game justice.

Yeah, I had the thing cranked up to the max and a few of the songs sounded a bit rough coming from the 3DS speakers. I left my earphones at work but I will make sure to bring them home with me tonight.

So, my impressions of the game then. Freaking love it! I can't remember the last time I played a game that had me smiling so much. All the songs I played brought back a rush of memories back from when playing the games while in my youth.

I started with FFVIII ( obviously ) then hopped to FFVII, Followed by FFX and then finishing off with FFVI, before calling it a night. Seeing all of the FMV/cutscenes in the background was amazing and the backgrounds in the walking levels were adorable. I seen Midgar in the FFVII and was hoping to see one of the Weapons walking towards it. :)

I was disappointed by Zanarkand. It is my favourite FF song and yet it got shoved in as an intro song. I would have preferred that in the walking stage instead of Mi'ihen Highroad. You can't win them all I suppose.

I love the boss stages, the music really kicks up a notch and becomes a little more frantic. I don't think i've defeated one yet though. I reached Sephiroth, Seymour and Kefka but didn't have enough time to deal the damage needed. Methinks I need to level up or create a team of heavy hitters.

So, yeah, totally loving the game but i'm not sure if I could recommend it to non FF players. For me, rhythm games work best when you enjoy the music that you are listening to and if you don't enjoy FF music then it's definitely not for you.

Just got an email saying my order has been dispatched from Sainsburys! Here's hoping they used first class postage so it comes tomorrow

Know what this has made me want? 3D Classics of FF I-VI. :cool: As well as Theatrhythm Chrono Trigger.

Good lord i'd love to see that!

Is the DLC not showing up for anyone else? it loads the section and says to scroll around on the top screen but there is nothing but an exit button

Edited by Agent Gibbs

Is the DLC not showing up for anyone else? it loads the section and says to scroll around on the top screen but there is nothing but an exit button

Just an empty list for me too. Must be having teething problems. ::shrug:

Amazon haven't even dispatched mine yet. I guess I'll be joining in the fun some time next week.

I thought the DLC is being released tomorrow, as that's when the actual game is officially being released.

I can confirm Mambo de Chocobo is in the game. @RedShell you know what to do.

Broadcast Yourself
Audio

I thought the DLC is being released tomorrow, as that's when the actual game is officially being released.

Ah, that could well be the case. I just thought (like Agent Gibbs) that the add-on content would be upped along with the rest of the eShop offerings - which I take it are currently up?

Yeah the eShop has been updated with the latest downloads, there is also a section under Theatrhythm that's called 'Add-on content' (something like that), but it's also empty.

Amazon haven't even dispatched mine yet. I guess I'll be joining in the fun some time next week.

I also pre-ordered from Amazon and I received confirmation a few hours ago that the game's shipped. So perhaps you'll still get it by tomorrow. :)

Yeah the eShop has been updated with the latest downloads, there is also a section under Theatrhythm that's called 'Add-on content' (something like that), but it's also empty.

DLC is not supposed to be available in the eshop until tomorrow which is the official release date.

Edited by cvl
Automerged Doublepost