NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
bryanee

Crysis (360 and PS3)

Finally confirmed today and will be released over Xbox Live and PSN (priced 1600 and £15.99). It has a new lighting system and I'd assume the suit powers would work the same as Crysis 2.

crysisconsolescreenshot.jpg

crysisconsolescreenshots.jpg

Have to say I cant wait, I've always wanted to play it and next month I can. Woop.

Edited by bryanee

So this is the original critically acclaimed Crysis, coming to consoles, with redone lighting etc incorporating the technical advancements utilised in Crysis 2?

Count me in! :D

I don't think I could go back to this after playing Crysis 2, the second game is superior in so many ways.

I don't think I could go back to this after playing Crysis 2, the second game is superior in so many ways.

You're the first person I've seen say this since C2 came out. All I see is people complaining about Crysis 2 being inferior to the first game. Very much looking forward to playing it for the first time.

The only people that say that are PC chauvanists that can't handle the fact that one of the showpieces for their chosen platform got a multiplatform sequel. Crysis 2 was prettier, more focused, and a lot more reactive to player input than the deserted sandbox of the original ever was.

The only people that say that are PC chauvanists that can't handle the fact that one of the showpieces for their chosen platform got a multiplatform sequel. Crysis 2 was prettier, more focused, and a lot more reactive to player input than the deserted sandbox of the original ever was.

The first game was not that great to begin with but Crysis 2 is basically a COD clone with wider corridors, horrible mechanics and horrid online. What a waste.

Really bad timing coming after Deus Ex HR.

The first game was not that great to begin with but Crysis 2 is basically a COD clone with wider corridors, horrible mechanics and horrid online. What a waste.

Really bad timing coming after Deus Ex HR.

Crysis 2 is more original than COD could ever hope to be so to call it a clone is just plain ridiculous, if it's a clone of anything then it's a clone of Crysis except with improved everything; the mechanics work well adding strategy to the single player campaign and the multiplayer which is actually pretty decent tbf... I found it a lot more enjoyable than COD.

COD is still great of course but it's heavilly oversubscribed, overrated and overhyped.

Man, Choze, do you choose to be wrong so often, or does it emanate from your genetics? Crysis 2 is one of the absolute best shooters this generation.

Man, I'm building myself a new PC, and I can't wait to try it with the Direct X11 patch on Ultra settings. Will probably give my system digital hemmorrhoids, but it'll be money well spent :D

Man, Choze, do you choose to be wrong so often, or does it emanate from your genetics? Crysis 2 is one of the absolute best shooters this generation.

You must play alot of shitty games to think that. Not to mention there are so many fps games better than Crysis 2. If you think Crysis 2 is good then you have no taste in games. Almost as bad as the people who like Brink.

Crysis 2 is more original than COD could ever hope to be so to call it a clone is just plain ridiculous, if it's a clone of anything then it's a clone of Crysis except with improved everything

lol Crysis 2 original. You obviously dont play many fps games. Crysis 2 brought nothing to the genre whatsoever unlike COD. Thats coming form someone who is sick of COD. Crysis 1 is much better than the second in every way possible. Too bad its hampered by a lot of game design issues.

Edited by Choze

Finally a chance to play this...never had a PC anywhere near capable of running this so pretty pleased :)

Man, I'm building myself a new PC, and I can't wait to try it with the Direct X11 patch on Ultra settings. Will probably give my system digital hemmorrhoids, but it'll be money well spent :D

I played it with the DX11 patch on a Q9450, GeForce GTX 460 in the resolution 1680*1050 and got a very fluid framerate. I think the graphical difference is pretty small. I don't think the patch actually changes lighting but just adds a bit of tesselation.

I'm also with the Crysis > Crysis 2 crowd. I really liked the quasi-sandbox (because it was still pretty linear, it just hid it) where you could hide in the bushes, scout the area extensively and then plan your approach and escape. Together with the solid physics system this meant a lot of options.

In Crysis 2 I couldn't even smash in a window because the designers thought I should use the already broken one next to it. Really annoying were the corridor levels though. You would walk through a corridor into an open field and have to leave through another corridor. The entry point didn't allow to move around in a safe distance but instead always threw you right in the action where a few steps in you would be under fire already.

I played both games on the hardest difficulty so this might influence my experience.

Go on then Choze, fucking substantiate your claims rather than babbling like a retard.

Nah he won't, as soon as somebody calls him out he disappears from a thread.

New footage and its out October 4th on XBLA and PSN on the 5th. Looking damn good thats also 360 footage.

My god this game is good, I can see why people prefer it to the second. And its a stunner, cost more than 1600 points though grrr.

I wonder if Playstation Plus will get a discount off this like with the recent Resi game re-releases.

I've only played it briefly but my god they've done a bang up job on converting it. 1600 points is a steal I'd say.

Crysis XBLA requires always-on internet

You cannot play Crysis, bought from Xbox Live Arcade, offline.

The moment your connection drops, a 10-minute timer appears. That's the window you have to reconnect. Fail to do so and you're dumped back to the dashboard, reported MS Xbox World.

Presumably a similar always-on internet requirement will be present in the PSN version of Crysis, available today.

Crysis costs 1600 Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Arcade or £15.99 on PS3.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-05-crysis-xbla-requires-always-on-internet

Wish I had known this earlier, I might have opted for the PS3 version instead.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/crysis-drm-rumours-on-xbox-360-are-not-true/085874

The digital release of Crysis on Xbox 360 has DRM? It’s the end of the world! EA are dead to me! I’m going to kill my cat!

Calm down, people.

The internet is currently up in arms amidst claims that the digital version of Crysis, which was released on Xbox 360 today, requires a Ubisoft-like always-on internet connection to play.

It was claimed that the game would not boot on a console not connected to the internet. After booting, the talk was that the game would re-authenticate every ten minutes. If no link to the server was found, it would dump you back to dashboard.

The truth is that these DRM restrictions only apply to those playing the game on a different console to that on which the game was purchased.

Xbox 360 DRM of this type has been present since day one, with games purchased on different machines requiring internet authentication before they will run.

Microsoft offers a licence transfer tool allowing those who change their console to overcome the obstacle.

Thats just weird then, as they mentioned that type of DRM on the 360 has been around since the start so why were people so shocked that it happened with Crysis in particular?

Thats just weird then, as they mentioned that type of DRM on the 360 has been around since the start so why were people so shocked that it happened with Crysis in particular?

I think Crysis is the only one that requires it every ten minutes.

Just finished it

First things first I prefer the second game mainly due the urban environment and it feels alot more focused that being said the first is a great game and bloody good looking one at that. Felt smooth throughout and combat was good but it did feel a little boring afterwhile and the last third lost its way.

After shooting down 5 of those squid aliens I'd had enough of the fuckers. Boring enemy. The second game has much more variety in enemy design which is also another reason why its better.

Oh and the ending pissed me off just as much as the one in Halo 2.

Sign in to follow this