NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

1 hour ago, Sckewi said:

I was thinking it might be nice if YouTube embeds had a maximum width or height. They take up like 80% of the height of the screen on desktop atm and in a thread with a lot of them it's a bit "clunky". Not a big deal or anything, might even be something that only bothers me, and it only bothers me slightly. But I thought I'd mention it. xD

Unfortunately it's part of the forum software and not something we can control.

• Thanks 1

This may have already been suggested, or it could be an option I could enable myself but not sure…

But on other forums, when I’ve visited threads and then come back to them later on or the next day and further messages have been posted, I just need to click the thread name and it takes me to the post after the one I last viewed. Very handy to allow you to catch up on messages. 
On this forum, clicking the thread name just always takes me to the first post. 

I know I can go to the last post by clicking in the time / person who last posted section, but then I have to scroll up to read what I’ve missed, and sometimes even go back a page. 

Is this just a setting / preference I need to enable (had a look but couldn’t see), or something that can be considered as a suggestion?! 

8 hours ago, Aneres11 said:

This may have already been suggested, or it could be an option I could enable myself but not sure…

But on other forums, when I’ve visited threads and then come back to them later on or the next day and further messages have been posted, I just need to click the thread name and it takes me to the post after the one I last viewed. Very handy to allow you to catch up on messages. 
On this forum, clicking the thread name just always takes me to the first post. 

I know I can go to the last post by clicking in the time / person who last posted section, but then I have to scroll up to read what I’ve missed, and sometimes even go back a page. 

Is this just a setting / preference I need to enable (had a look but couldn’t see), or something that can be considered as a suggestion?! 

You can just click on the circle (or star) to the left of the thread title.

Edited by Eddage
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Eddage said:

You can just click on the circle (or star) to the left of the thread title.

Well I… 

Bloody lovely! As if I didn’t know this!

Thanks! :D 

I don't know if this should work just like Twitter links, but with people moving away from Twitter, Mastodon is becoming a good alternative. I was wondering should links from there show the same as Twitter links? I have just tried in the Lego thread and the Mastodon link just remains and link and doesn't embed the post into the forum here like twitter links.

Could this be implemented if possible?

Just adding in a link for the purpose of showing how it doesn't load in.

https://mastodon.social/@BowserBasher/111647636422846554

Edited by BowserBasher

@BowserBasher If you right-click on the image you want to link from your page, then select "copy image link" (this shows up on a PC, not sure for other devices) and then post that link in the forum post, wait a few moments, and it should automatically embed, like this...

44b02b65da3d2f03.jpeg

I hope this helps. :peace:

On 26/12/2023 at 4:36 PM, BowserBasher said:

I don't know if this should work just like Twitter links, but with people moving away from Twitter, Mastodon is becoming a good alternative. I was wondering should links from there show the same as Twitter links? I have just tried in the Lego thread and the Mastodon link just remains and link and doesn't embed the post into the forum here like twitter links.

Could this be implemented if possible?

Just adding in a link for the purpose of showing how it doesn't load in.

https://mastodon.social/@BowserBasher/111647636422846554

Day later than promised but I've had a look and it seems that is all down to IPS (who make the forums) and looking on their support forum it's not available and little call for it. It may happen, but doesn't seem like it would be anytime soon sorry.

• Thanks 1

Can you give users time to correct minor typos, before the 'Last edited by...' line appears?

9 hours ago, CrowingJoe79 said:

Can you give users time to correct minor typos, before the 'Last edited by...' line appears?

No. That's a standard feature that applies to everyone and is a software thing, not an us thing. 

• Thanks 1

Yes, you can. In Tapatalk. :)
  • Thanks 1