NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Our mobile theme is pretty dated, but it will have to do for now. We don't really have the hours between us to update it. As you may have noticed Neogaf is a little busier than us, so they have more staff and between them more time to dedicate to things like that.

Can you not make it so you can't have links in sigs until x amounts of posts? Surely that would stop (or at least reduce) all of the members joining just to spread their website links.

Can you not make it so you can't have links in sigs until x amounts of posts? Surely that would stop (or at least reduce) all of the members joining just to spread their website links.

That's already the case I believe. They still join and post all the same, although they get banned before anyone can actually see their invisible links...

I saw that guy. Technically (according to our rules) a one line advert for your site is okay as long as you're not spamming. That post, whilst put there just to advertise that link, was actually well written and relevant.

Also, who the heck uses their site name as the link text when trying to link-build? That guy needs some SEO lessons.

Will you remove the 10char limit please? It doesn't really serve any purpose. And for some reason it keeps saying "message entered is too short" whenever I try and tag lots of people in one post (and yes there are more than 10 characters excluding the mentions).

Would it be easy to allow quotes, mentions, etc to count towards the character limit (as image tags are)?

Quotes are very easy to exclude yeah, it's a built in option. But there's a reason it's an option: a quote with just "QFT" under it is spam.

Mentions on the other hand are from a third party plugin and a bit more difficult to exclude.

So can we just get rid of the 10 character limit to solve this problem? It serves no purpose other than to make things awkward.

Why would it exist to make things awkward? You think the vB team put time into adding this feature to wind users up? It's so that you can't just post tiny "yes", "QFT", "lol" posts which add nothing to a discussion.

Anyway I didn't implement it in the first place so I leave the ultimate decision up to @Ashley sorry Ashley

Why would it exist to make things awkward? You think the vB team put time into adding this feature to wind users up? It's so that you can't just post tiny "yes", "QFT", "lol" posts which add nothing to a discussion.

I know that, but we've never had a problem with members spamming on a large scale. And when people do just want to post a simple "yes" or other such message, it just gets followed with "10char", so it's not as if it changes anything.

I have a suggestion which might improve passionately reliving gaming moments.

Could we get a thread in which we can see what everyone is playing at the moment be made into a sticky?

You would of course have to make a post in the thread.

This way, one could just enter, check what someone is playing and, if it's an old classic or one of your all-time favourites, approach the person.

Could it also be possibly to make the Developers List into a sticky? I find it very useful to see which developer is busy with what and which one is keeping stuff under wraps.

@Fused King why not try Thread Subscription for the threads you personally enjoy and find informative? When viewing the thread there is a drop-down item called "Thread Tools," located on a bar just below the pagecount at the top. There should be a clickable option "Subscribe to this thread." You will now receive notifications and/or emails, depending on your selected options.

A 'what are you playing now?' thread sounds nice - why not make one and see how it goes? I think currently the way people do it is simply to make a post in the relevant game thread and if others are still interested in talking about that game they can reply there.

I know that, but we've never had a problem with members spamming on a large scale. And when people do just want to post a simple "yes" or other such message, it just gets followed with "10char", so it's not as if it changes anything.

roywang.png

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

This is a typical human spammer - 21 posts with little more than a few smileys strung together. If all they had to do was a single character, or a single smiley, then I'm sure it'd be more than 21 posts. While it's simple enough to get rid of them before they do too much annoyance, if it's easier for them to post then there'll be more of them, and this site could potentially become really, really annoying.

I've noticed recently that spammers tend to have sigs with links in to spam. If it's possible you might want to disable sigs, hyperlinks and any mention of 'www.', 'http', '.com' - etc for members with under 100 posts.

Also I often have problems on iOS (iPhone) with the new style of 'login' button at the top right of the screen. Clicking login usually doesn't generate the box with username and password fields. I can still login if I try to reply to a post, but that's a bit of an extra hassle. I'd use the iPhone theme but I don't really like it, a little too basic.

People can't have sigs until 15 posts at present.

iOS is shit :heh: [/not a serious answer but hey, I'm on my third drink]

Also helps prevent spambots, not just human spammers.

Could we just have the 10char limit for people with less than 100 posts then? that would still serve to stop spammers.

Posted in that quiet/not so quiet thread, reposting here even though it's apparently been posted(by Moogle somewhere, and Eddie mentioned it too). The forums' chat link 404's, where as main page does not.

This is a point I forgot! I realised when I tried iSketch the other day with folks that the forum chat link doesn't work, but the main page does.

http://www.n-europe.com/chat/chat.html'>http://www.n-europe.com/chat/chat.html - le broken

http://www.n-europe.com/chat - le worken

(I'm on classic stretchable)

Edited by Rummy

Why would you use classic stretchable, it doesnt even have a header graphic :heh: Why not shiny new N-Europe Full Width?

Fixed the link, anyway.

Why would you use classic stretchable, it doesnt even have a header graphic :heh: Why not shiny new N-Europe Full Width?

Just delete it.