NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Which chat room are most current forum members using? I'll make that one the default and fix the links later today.

Which chat room are most current forum members using? I'll make that one the default and fix the links later today.

For the Mario Kart league we had been using the n-europe chat room on match nights, I don't know what others use for 'normal' chatting as I don't go in there...

Can't you just start a party chat on the Wii and discuss it using headsets?

Hahaha, I'm just messing.

I'll put it back to #n-europe.

Can't you just start a party chat on the Wii and discuss it using headsets?

Hahaha, I'm just messing.

I'll put it back to #n-europe.

It's on the 3DS :p

But it does feel so wrong compared to 360 online...

Doesn't the 3DS have a built in Mic and front-facing camera? :blank: There's no excuse :p

Doesn't the 3DS have a built in Mic and front-facing camera? :blank: There's no excuse :p

Yeah, but it's Nintendo were talking about here... ;)

I thought cube-europe was the one we use now? It's what we've been using.

The link Shorty posted above was n-europe.

Who knows. I never go in it anyway. It was just a one-off.

Well Cube-Europe regularly sees me, Magnus, Supergrunch, C-Bears and /nando/. We also get Eddiecoleslaw, Diageo and HeoricJanitor, though they haven't been in much recently.

(apologies if I've missed anyone)

There are some other people who use Cube-Europe semi-regularly, too.

Really, though, if we could just agree to all use the same chat room, I don't really much care which one. :heh:

The links on the front page both take you to N-Europe now, except if you click on the chat link on the banner when you have the chat opened on the front page, in which case it takes you to Cube-Europe instead. Meanwhile, the banner link on the forum doesn't seem to work (on the standard theme, anyway), while the link I usually use - the one under the General Chit Chat link - still takes you to Cube-Europe.

Man, stop messing with the bloody chatrooms! I thought you'd decided to make it #cube-europe and stuff etc? I swear I saw a post and some reasons, and whilst I mainly go in there to fall asleep, it seems enough activity to warrant not messing about with it again?

Man, stop messing with the bloody chatrooms! I thought you'd decided to make it #cube-europe and stuff etc? I swear I saw a post and some reasons, and whilst I mainly go in there to fall asleep, it seems enough activity to warrant not messing about with it again?

Nothing has been changed yet, chill!

I'm also an Op of both and both have Q (for now), but the general rule seems to be that online gaming discussion/organisation takes place on #n-europe but most social chat takes #cube-europe, ever since the move was initiated. However, it's common to get confused people - for instance, last night martinist was in #n-europe complaining that nobody's ever online, when actually about 4 people were actively chatting in #cube-europe, but by the time I saw his message, he'd left. Anyway, I guess the thing to do is to pick a room for good, and set up a semi-permanent redirect message in the other, along with changing all the links of course.

Supergrunch as the person who has been most active in reviving the chat room, I'll happily leave the decision up to you.

Well, I'd say #cube-europe, but it seems I don't have sufficient access to Q on #n-europe to change the welcome message to a redirect... could someone who does (jay I think) change it?

People still pop up in N-Europe, seems the main site link points to there, whereas the forum link(at least on my theme) points to #cube-europe.

It wasn't so much a problem last gen, but with the Wii U is coming out soon, there will be games coming out for all three home consoles (like AC3, CoD etc) So we are going to have two lots of discussions about the same game in different places.

Can anything be done about this? Perhaps create a multiplatform game board or merge the threads? So you'll have the Wii U board for Nintendo first and second party games, the Other Consoles board for Xbox, PC and PS3 exclusives and then the multiplatform one for games like Assassins Creed 3 etc.

I know there are titles on all three home consoles this gen, like FIFA, MW etc, but the Wii versions were usually stripped down or had completely different controls (like the PES games) It wasn't the exact same game in most cases.

I second that.

Either that, or just keep discussion to the Wii U subforum when there's a Wii U version. Separate threads for nearly identical versions of games seems a bit unnecessary.

I started a thread about this a while back in the staff boards and all I can say is that it was fairly unanimous that staff thought it would be best to leave the two groups separated, even if that meant two threads for many games.

Yeah, some other console frequenters are scared of the Wii boards and would probably be scared of the WiiU boards too.

Edited by Diageo

I think a thread of Nintendo fanboys and other console fanboys would be hilarious.

Any chance the web master could install the add on for mobile and smart phone displays. Should only take 5mins and will save you cost in bandwidth!

Edited by madeinbeats

Any chance the web master could install the add on for mobile and smart phone displays. Should only take 5mins and will save you cost in bandwidth!

Go down to themes in the bottom left corner and you will find a mobile phone and iPhone/smartphone scheme :)

Go down to themes in the bottom left corner and you will find a mobile phone and iPhone/smartphone scheme :)

Yeahhhh, just tried it out. Check out the NeoGaf site on your phone and see how much better their plug in performs. It auto detects too. It basically looks and performs like an App which is perfect for mobiles :D