NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

This is me just being really, really lazy but any chance you could change it so that when you're looking at screenshots from an article on the main page you can use your arrow keys to change from picture to picture?

Like I said it really is a lazy suggestion but just makes it easier to use?

I am changing some stuff to do with screenshots soon anyway so I can certainly take a look at that.

Question/idea. So everyone gets annoyed when they are the last person to post on a page and their comment gets totally lost (and when I say 'everyone' I mean me, but I'm sure it must annoy other people). When the next page is created is there any way of moving the last two posts of the last page to the top of the new page automatically?

Does this make sense to anyone but me?

I understand what you're saying, but I've never considered/experienced it as a problem. Honestly I think "copying" the last two posts will just cause confusion.

No, I don't mean copying, I mean literally moving it automatically. So when some posts and it starts a new page there are already two posts before it.

But how does that solve anything? Then there'll just be a new last post on the previous page. Unless I've misunderstood what you mean, which I'm starting to believe is the case.

I think the idea would be that, if the bottom two posts moved to the top of the next page, the third-bottom post would've had a longer exposure and thus be more likely to have been read.

I think the 'go to first new post' button to the left of the thread title on the forum table is generally seen to be the best way of avoiding missing posts. If people are habitually clicking on 'go to last page' then... well they're noob forumites :P

I've truthfully no idea if there's a vb mod that does as you suggest (ashley recently suggested that you peruse vbulletin's mod board to see if there's something that matches your requirement (as essentially that'd be what the admins here would have to do with queries like these)).

Truthfully, though, I don't think applying such a mod would really be worth it, or alter much at all.

Edited by jayseven

I've truthfully no idea if there's a vb mod that does as you suggest (ashley recently suggested that you peruse vbulletin's mod board to see if there's something that matches your requirement (as essentially that'd be what the admins here would have to do with queries like these).

Truthfully, though, I don't think applying such a mod would really be worth it, or alter much at all.

This essentially.

Mostly the first paragraph.

Fair enough. Thought I'd just put it out there. Usually happens more with slightly faster moving threads. Is just annoying when it happens.

Surely it's also more complicated by the fact people can have different posts per page counts? Which also probably balances against one post being seen by everyone as end of page?

Fair enough. Thought I'd just put it out there. Usually happens more with slightly faster moving threads. Is just annoying when it happens.

I'd just like to chip in that I agree with this and would like to see something implemented.

Just a friendly reminder this: we didn't build the forum software.

It's all well and good to make such requests, but we can't tailor the forum to fit a few peoples individual ideas, there are thousands of people - no, across all vbulletin boards there are millions of people - happy with the way the system works; we just don't have the time or resources to be building our own modifications to the way things run.

So, as Ashley has pointed out, as I have pointed out, as jayseven has just reminded a few posts up, please check the vbulletin extensions forums first, to see if a decent mod exists for the feature you're discussing. We can't answer every single feature request if it's something as complicated as some recent suggestions have been.

Also, I've moved all this to the suggestions thread, please just standard questions in the other thread.

Hiya... not really a suggestion but more of a fix. The link for [Forums] up there next to [Home],[blogs] and so on is still pointing to the old domain but only on the forum webpages. Seems fine from the front page.

Ah yeah someone mentioned that but I couldn't remember what it was or where I read it, thanks for the reminder, I will fix it later today.

Ah yeah someone mentioned that but I couldn't remember what it was or where I read it, thanks for the reminder, I will fix it later today.

Similarly, the n-europe forums image at the top of the N-Europe Full Width scheme goes somewhere funny, when it used to go to the Forum Index.

Is the Game Help/High Scores forum really needed?

There are threads from 2008 on the first page...

Only 6 of the 31 (I think it's 31) threads on the first page are from this year...

By making people post that sorta stuff in the main forums (Wii/Other) then you may get more people viewing/posting in the threads.

No its not needed but we haven't had time to tidy it away yet, and it's not really causing any issues. We're on a new server now so archiving is not necessary at the minute.

I use the N-Europe Full Length theme and I just noticed that the 'Chat' link at the top just takes me to an error screen saying the URL was not found on server (error 404).

Just thought I would let you guys know.

The chat link on Stretchable takes you to the wrong chat room (cube-europe) too. I was sitting in there for ages on Monday waiting for the Xpert guys until I realised I was in the wrong place!