NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

ashley

i posted earlier and you said you might be able to do it, change the envelopes by the threads green if its got a 5star rating or has more than 100 posts.

thanks if you could do this it would help a lot

king boo

The board news & issues area is hard to use, I didn't know where to put this, I have already put it somewhere else but I'll put it here too. For some reason I can't subscribe to threads anymore, the drop down menu where you choose it from won't drop down.

Thats fixed now. However I don't see whats hard about the board news & issues. If you have a question (eg how do I...?), you put it in the question thread, if you have a suggestion, suggetion thread and if you have found an error (such as yours) you put it in the "errors and problems with forums" thread.

Ok then my bad, I put it in the questions thread initially, I guess that's why it was ignored.

Yeha sorry I did skip over that before, but in somewhat of a defense you didn't explain it had something to do with the navbar. Anyway peace out.

OK, I have some suggestions:

1. Rep system, so that people can tell the good posters (like myself) from the complete and utter fucking morons that also inhabit R-E.

2. There is nothing more annyoing than opening a thread and having to scroll past dozens of hideous sig images to get to the part you want. I have seen other forums where, if a user has several posts on one page, their sig is only displayed in the first of their posts. It would be cool if you could implement this.

3. Um, that's all I can think of right now...

The rep system is gone, get over it.

And I can think of many more annoying things than scrolling through, other than your request (which is not a personal 'bash' but rather a way of saying 'only one person wants it') I can't see a legitimate reason to do so. Life isn't bliss. Life is just this.

If you're so concerned go to User CP> Edit Options. You can turn off seeing people's sigs.

The rep system is gone, get over it.

And I can think of many more annoying things than scrolling through, other than your request (which is not a personal 'bash' but rather a way of saying 'only one person wants it') I can't see a legitimate reason to do so. Life isn't bliss. Life is just this.

If you're so concerned go to User CP> Edit Options. You can turn off seeing people's sigs.

Fair enough, didn't realise we ever had rep. Can I ask why it was removed? Surely it would encourage better quality posts? And the sig thing isn't exactly of great importance, it's just something I've seen done elsewhere and thought it was cool. It might also mean you could relax the restrictions you have on sig file sizes etc.

Fair enough, didn't realise we ever had rep. Can I ask why it was removed? Surely it would encourage better quality posts? And the sig thing isn't exactly of great importance, it's just something I've seen done elsewhere and thought it was cool. It might also mean you could relax the restrictions you have on sig file sizes etc.

The system got abused and apparantly only encouraged more elitism.

The system got abused and apparantly only encouraged more elitism.
Haha the elitism is the best bit.

The forums are pretty good.. I'd like to see more vigilante powerful members such as myself with more power than sense let loose and/or made king.

Nothing much. I'll clean up crime you shit.

The forums are pretty good.. I'd like to see more vigilante powerful members such as myself with more power than sense let loose and/or made king.

Nothing much. I'll clean up crime you shit.

Is it me, or did that make a kind of sense thats not.

I've thought of something- getting rid of the 'Funny videos and shit' sticky in the general chit chat forum.

It's a pain in the arse to navigate and it would be better as a sub-forum.

On the Weebl and Bob forums they have such a section which completely draws the line between General chat and stuff, and posting links to videos/pictures/games.

It's called Look what I've found (LWIF for short) and it's quite a success.. and very good to go when you're bored.

If it was it's own sub-forum it would not only clean up the General discussion forum but promote more sharing of such videos.

I volunteer to be a moderator of course, ensuring that there are no double posts/crap links and stuff.. I think after giving it a week or two to grow it would be just as succesful as the W&B one.

I want to become a moderator. What do I do?

First of all never ever ask to be a moderator, if you do you will definitely NOT be picked. We admins have an eye for these things so we will spot moderators and not you. When we see someone who we believe would deserve to be mod we ask them if they are interested and not the other way around. All request will be ignored and any threads regarding it deleted.

Unless you're Jordan that is ... :heh:

I've thought of something- getting rid of the 'Funny videos and shit' sticky in the general chit chat forum.

It's a pain in the arse to navigate and it would be better as a sub-forum.

On the Weebl and Bob forums they have such a section which completely draws the line between General chat and stuff, and posting links to videos/pictures/games.

It's called Look what I've found (LWIF for short) and it's quite a success.. and very good to go when you're bored.

If it was it's own sub-forum it would not only clean up the General discussion forum but promote more sharing of such videos.

I volunteer to be a moderator of course, ensuring that there are no double posts/crap links and stuff.. I think after giving it a week or two to grow it would be just as succesful as the W&B one.

No would be the short answer. The single thread is not cluttering up the forum at all. If its hard to nagivate well meh, nothing good comes easy.

I appeal your decision and demand a second opinion.

Well if you want a second opinion from me, its still a know. But I'll let some of the other peoples know to pop over.

Here is your second opinion: I think a sub forum for this is not needed.

For one thing, it'll be much harder to maintain. Yes, you could have mods looking over the place. But, with a subforum dedicated to just funny videos, more people will be tempted to post more videos. Infact, you'll probably be more likely to see the same video over and over again in the subforum than you would in the funny video thread.

And another thing: If we made a subforum for funny videos, we may be forced to make subforums for everything else as well. News, Politics, Sport, Anime, whatever. It would just end up cluttered and messy.

4th Opinion.....

yes....sorry typo.. i mean NO, a subforum is too much and would prolly be filled with spam

Can't we just ban 'funny' videos altogether? Because they are never funny in the slightest.

Can't we just ban 'funny' videos altogether? Because they are never funny in the slightest.

No one's forcing you into the 'funny' videos thread.

5th opinion: No