NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Nope, an ongoing problem.

But Roadie, sometimes when I do that if I kill my browser and then open a new one later and come back, marked read threads/boards are no longer marked read and appear to have new posts, when they don't.

Damn... I just thought it might help in the short term while browsing.

I'm just responding to this thread http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385 since its been locked im just saying that the 15 character thing aint too bad i mean my previous forum i usta go to required at least 75 characters or it wouldnt even be counted as a post! that pissed me off so the 15 character thing is fine and if it bothers u just put spacs and then a period or smiley after 15 spaces:D that what i do:D

There are always ways to get round the 15 character limit anyways i suppose.

I miss reputation points. :(

Yes can we make an honest plea to get them back, they built upon the communtiy for good actual posts. I agree Mr_Odwin.

rep points are just abused! "oo ooo ill give you rep points if u give me them" i think the forums working fine without em

I couldn't be arsed to read all of this thread so this may have already been said. Can you change that damn 15 minimum characters rule.

Can we have an increase in avatar size dimensions? 100 x 100 would fit this forum well, and I'm sure the 56k'ers will be fine with it (right guys?).

I'd rather it was 100 x 100

Yes can we make an honest plea to get them back, they built upon the communtiy for good actual posts. I agree Mr_Odwin.

we gave it a try and it caused more trouble than it was worth. Yes there are many members who enjoyed the system and didnt abuse it, but then there were members who did and ruined it for everyone.

the forum is better without rep points.

A suggestion...

In threads about upcoming games, especially ones deemed important enough to be made sticky, would it be possible for it to become standard practice for the first post of the thread to contain any known release dates?

This could be added by the poster, or any Admin/Mod that sees the thread and happens to know or have access to the info.

That way all forum users would (get to) know that if they want that info on a certain game they only need to look at the first post/page rather than trawl the thread.

I realise it's not a great deal of work for most folks to find that sort of info for themselves, just wondering if it might be worth it as it'll be handy to a few people I reckon.

A suggestion...

In threads about upcoming games, especially ones deemed important enough to be made sticky, would it be possible for it to become standard practice for the first post of the thread to contain any known release dates?

This could be added by the poster, or any Admin/Mod that sees the thread and happens to know or have access to the info.

That way all forum users would (get to) know that if they want that info on a certain game they only need to look at the first post/page rather than trawl the thread.

I realise it's not a great deal of work for most folks to find that sort of info for themselves, just wondering if it might be worth it as it'll be handy to a few people I reckon.

Its a good idea, I'll ask the staff to do it in the future.

I think it would be a good idea to have an official Fight/Complaint thread, that way all these smaller threads wont be popping up. That way if a forum user has beef with another they can post there instead of ruining other threads.

If a forumite has an issue with another they should kindly tell the other person through a PM. If that doesn't resolve it then they should contact an admin, not post a thread. It would be like taking an advert out in a local newspaper telling everyone how much you hate such and such.

It would be like taking an advert out in a local newspaper telling everyone how much you hate such and such.

Thats gold. You may be on to something

I'm just responding to this thread http://www.revo-europe.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1385 since its been locked im just saying that the 15 character thing aint too bad i mean my previous forum i usta go to required at least 75 characters or it wouldnt even be counted as a post! that pissed me off so the 15 character thing is fine and if it bothers u just put spacs and then a period or smiley after 15 spaces:D that what i do:D

75 characters for a post?

your post count must have been very low there.

I think it should be done so we can edit thread titles and the new name displays on the forum(doesn't let you now). Its annoying cause say you made a spelling mistake, or you want to put new information in the thread

e.g.

'Xbox 360 Official thread - New Halo 3 screens page 54'

I think it should be done so we can edit thread titles and the new name displays on the forum(doesn't let you now). Its annoying cause say you made a spelling mistake, or you want to put new information in the thread

e.g.

Please, if Halo 3 screens were released there would be four threads about it :P

Anywho. Ive looked and kind find anything under the "Post / Thread Permissions", or anything similar in others. Oddly apparently mods and registered users have the same Post/Thread permissions.

e.g.

Mods can change the title of threads, so we could set up a "If you want a name of the thread changed, contact a mod" or something...

Can we change the forum date format to British rather than American please?

eg. 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05

Can we change the forum date format to British rather than American please?

eg. 25/12/05 rather than 12/25/05

Never noticed, changed.

can we have an award ceremony type thing so we can all vote for our favourite posters, mods and threads of 2005? nothing too serious but just a bit of fun.