NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

10 minutes ago, Dcubed said:

No.  We shouldn't have it.  NOBODY would actually want it.

S/ (Hide contents)

Gimme it right now!!

Well played, well played indeed. QHQsLit.gif

Spoiler

No really though, well played. :D

(see, we're finding a use for it already)

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, RedShell said:

Not sure if you still want this, but if so...

Po6bfBA.gif

Kinda hard to see when it's smiley size though. :heh:
Here's the original:

QHQsLit.gif

I'll get back to you. I intended to create one myself, but never got around to it, apart from getting the source images. I think I can improve upon it. I also don't think it needs to be that small, you have some smileys bigger than that.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Sméagol said:

I'll get back to you. I intended to create one myself, but never got around to it, apart from getting the source images. I think I can improve upon it. I also don't think it needs to be that small, you have some smileys bigger than that.

Yeah, I just grabbed that off a YouTube vid. Could get a cleaner version from my own capture as well, but it’s just a little something for our humble forum, right? No need to go nuts. :heh: 

• Thanks 1

Can we remove the Game of Thrones thread from the new posts section on the side? :p

• Like 1

Just letting you know joyfreak is a spammer. I can smell them.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sméagol said:

Just letting you know joyfreak is a spammer. I can smell them.

Yeah but they're kind of trying to pretend not though which is endearing compared to offering IELTS scores in Chinese. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Yeah but they're kind of trying to pretend not though which is endearing compared to offering IELTS scores in Chinese. 

Myeah, for me it's pretty much the opposite.. I can't stand the insincerity.

In the meantime he's promoting his own website (..which is a gaming forum, i.e. a competitor) through any means possible.

• Thanks 1

I'm with Sméagol on this, but I suppose I might feel differently if I had to delete fifty threads by Chinese bots every morning.

• Thanks 2

Oh yeah I wasn't suggesting I wouldn't, just kind of nice to see something a bit different. People are allowed to advertise their own sites as long as they're actively engaging and this person didn't seem to. Gave him a bit of time but thing he did what he intended to do. 

• Thanks 1

Just letting you know that dwqsasf4356 is a spammer. I can smell it.

• Weird 1

To avoid the Chinese bots - would it be an idea to only allow new threads once you've posted five replies or would that just move the problem?

1 hour ago, MindFreak said:

To avoid the Chinese bots - would it be an idea to only allow new threads once you've posted five replies or would that just move the problem?

I don't think that's possible. I had a brief look at that kind of stuff a while ago but I'll check again. 

Actually I have an idea but I'll have to look into it later. It's only 10am and I'm already on my third work meeting of the day 😩 Need a bit of time to figure out the process.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Right. I've tried something whereby they end up in a user group that can't post topics and can't post a link in signatures until they reach a certain amount of posts (not going to publicly say what) at which point they'll be moved to the standard user group. There's also a limit on the number of posts they can make per day while in this group.

Now I guess we just wait and see what happens...

200_d.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Hmm so there's a few new people in that group that popped up over night.

One was an obvious spammer as his profile had links to some gambling things. Another put their gender as some keyboard mash and same for Twitter (and said account didn't exist). And another looks like spam but will give them a bit of time just in case.

• Thanks 1

Any chance we can update the smilies/emoticons/reactions? Never been a fan of the current ones and maybe it's time for a fresh batch.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

Any chance we can update the smilies/emoticons/reactions? Never been a fan of the current ones and maybe it's time for a fresh batch.

Any suggestions?

And do you mean both smilies and reactions or are you using the terms interchangeably?

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Any suggestions?

And do you mean both smilies and reactions or are you using the terms interchangeably?

Sorry, I mostly mean the reactions. (if we could update the smilies too so that we had more/or an updated look, that would be awesome)

I don't know how flexible we can be/what our options are with choosing the reactions. I think the categories of "thank, like, angry, sad" etc are good, but just not sure the icons really fit or work. The "weird" one especially just doesn't seem to work, imo...really dislike that one.

I'm not a designer and have no real idea of what to suggest, but maybe something more in line with how the facebook reactions look, or at least edging towards that. These current ones look like something you would see on a forum with a much younger userbase. 

• Weird 7

I mean they are pretty much what you see on Facebook just with Mario hats on.

I have thought we should update the smilies but I do kind of like how 1998 they are. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Fierce_LiNk said:

The "weird" one especially just doesn't seem to work, imo...really dislike that one.

@Sméagol would like a word.

• Weird 1

I like our smilies and reactions. They're pretty unique to this forum. If they are ever updated, I hope we can still use the old ones.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I can’t remember if this was discussed before but one thing I always think about is being able to upload images as one of the supporter perks. I’m not sure if that’s even possible but would definitely be really nice.

• Thanks 1

Not a bad shout at all. To be honest, uploading images is something I never even turned on for admins as image hosts were so prevalent at the time. I'll look into it!

Edit: Should be possible now

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can we change "PSN Number" to "PSN ID" which you see when you click a member's name? PSN Number sounds like someone's gran referring to their PIN.

• Thanks 2

On 09/09/2020 at 4:37 PM, Sheikah said:

Can we change "PSN Number" to "PSN ID" which you see when you click a member's name? PSN Number sounds like someone's gran referring to their PIN.

That has been changed but I'm going to say at some point it was called that and if you prove me wrong I'll change it back again ;)

• Haha 1

I was thinking it might be nice if YouTube embeds had a maximum width or height. They take up like 80% of the height of the screen on desktop atm and in a thread with a lot of them it's a bit "clunky". Not a big deal or anything, might even be something that only bothers me, and it only bothers me slightly. But I thought I'd mention it. xD