NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

It's mostly been kept for hertiage so we don't suddenly lose videos. I think you can get vBulletin to automatically translate phrases so that might be a way around it, but want to test first. I'll get back to you.

Hmph didn't work as I hoped... (ie it didn't work)

Can the button not be removed so that people just use the normal one from now on? I'm guessing it can just be a behind the scenes thing to keep old videos?

Can the button not be removed so that people just use the normal one from now on? I'm guessing it can just be a behind the scenes thing to keep old videos?

Seconding this, especially as the HDYT tags don't work in Tapatalk.

Oh yeah that can (and has) been done. Sorry, I was thinking about how to permanently move/migrate the old tag. But if you want a bandage :heh:

Yeah, I've been wanting this too since a few weeks, after I removed Flash completely (again, and for the final time probably). The HDYT tags didn't work with the HTML player.

Anyway, I did prefer the size of the HDYT tags, can the regular tags be updated to the size of that?

As for legacy.. Can't you simply have the HDYT tags function exactly like the regular tags? This will fix most, if not all embedded videos, while still using just one tag going forward.

Anyway, I did prefer the size of the HDYT tags, can the regular tags be updated to the size of that?

As for legacy.. Can't you simply have the HDYT tags function exactly like the regular tags? This will fix most, if not all embedded videos, while still using just one tag going forward.

1) Done

2) What do you mean exactly?

You want to preserve the functionality of the old videos using the HDYT tags. You were thinking of going through all the posts, and updating all the tags (if I understand correctly), but it may be simpler to simply change the functionality of the HDYT tags, so they behave exactly the same as regular tags. Then all the videos will show up in old posts, regardless of which tags they use, but you use only the regular tag for new posts going forward.

If you really want to completely get rid of the HDYT tags, this obviously isn't an option.

Oh God no I was hoping vBulletin would do it for me.

How would changing the hdyt tag be any better than just removing it so nobody can use it going forward (unless they manually type it in)?

It barely would be any better, it's another "bandaid" like you say, but it keeps the videos up until the next database overhaul, when you're ready to get rid of the tag completely.

Though, personally, I don't mind if we "lose" all the old embedded videos, the data is still there, if people really want to watch old videos, they can still copy/paste that part after the youtube url. So as far as I'm concerned, you can just remove the tag without taking legacy videos into account.

Forum is too big for 800x600 resolution .....

Look I'm pretty sure you're just here trying to get enough posts so that you can spam some links, but really, who is on 800x600 these days?

Is there anyway we could possibly link to our Instagrams in the near future like how we can link YouTube? I think it'd be a cool feature to have if it was totally possible.

Any chance you could implement some table functionality? I don't need fancy ones like this, I'd be happy with simple ones.

Since the forum is built on tables I'd be worried that any parsed tags would potentially break the layout, but I'll look into any pre-existing solutions.

The forum is built on tables, really? That would give me headaches.. But thanks for looking into it.

I suggest disabling embedded videos in signatures.

Edited by Sméagol

Hm it's not really an option, so we'll probably just make a rule against it I think. It'd be against the long running forum rules for signature size anyway.

3 hours ago, Shorty said:

Hm it's not really an option, so we'll probably just make a rule against it I think. It'd be against the long running forum rules for signature size anyway.

The 2 examples I know of, are from forum members who ehh haven't made the transition. Their old signature doesn't suit the new forum obviously, but they haven't logged in in a while..

@Mokong & @Hogge

This might not be something for the suggestion thread I guess but the Nintendo section itself but I figured I would put it here first.

I think it would be helpful for thread titles on multiformat games if when the thread is created in the Nintendo section first so thats where most of the discussion would be, if we could have the other formats available listed as well. It was the Romancing Saga 2 remake thread this morning that made me think about it as the title made it look like it was a Switch exclusive rather than giving all the information.

Obviously not a massive issue, just something I thought would be nice to do so we are more informed. I guess it relates to threads in the other consoles section as well.

This makes no difference to me as I browse by new posts, but why do we even need to separate Nintendo topics from everything else?

6 minutes ago, bob said:

This makes no difference to me as I browse by new posts, but why do we even need to separate Nintendo topics from everything else?

The N in N-Europe stands for something...

58 minutes ago, bob said:

Needless segregation?

We are a Nintendo site and the segregation exists for various reasons (some people come here just for Nintendo, historically there's been little overlap in games on Nintendo and other consoles and now there's a decent stream of games coming to the Switch it is good it gets its own focus).

• Thanks 1