NEurope
Ashley

Suggestions

Give us the proper use of the bloody caps lock key.

What do you mean?

Oh and just so everyone knows:

sug·ges·tion P Pronunciation Key (sg-jschn, s-js-)

n.

The act of suggesting.

Something suggested: We ordered the shrimp, a suggestion of the waiter.

The sequential process by which one thought or mental image leads to another.

A psychological process by which an idea is induced in or adopted by another without argument, command, or coercion.

An idea or response so induced.

A hint or trace: just a suggestion of makeup; the first suggestion of trouble ahead.

de·mand P Pronunciation Key (d-mnd)

v. de·mand·ed, de·mand·ing, de·mands

v. intr.

To make a demand.

Is there are way to stop the "time-out" refresh on read/unread threads on VBulletin? I can go away from the forum with unread threads and they are usually showing as unread when I return; however, if I sit on any page for too long, i.e. reading a particularly long series of posts or I leave the computer for a while, when I go back to the thread list it's marked everything as read, unless threads have new posts in the meantime. The old XSOrbit forums didn't do this, which was one of the few good things about it, is this "hard-wired" in the VBulletin code or can it be lengthened (considerably)/disabled?

I think, in general, this forum is rubbish at remembering which threads and boards you have read. Even when I use the option to mark whole boards as read, sometimes when I come back a short/long time later all the threads that I've read, or marked as read, appear to have new posts but in fact they don't. It's quite annoying.

Edit: Even just now when I made this reply, submitted it and went back to the forum index, the forum said that there were new replies in the rules board. Lies.

What do you mean?

Oh and just so everyone knows:

sug·ges·tion P Pronunciation Key (sg-jschn, s-js-)

n.

The act of suggesting.

Something suggested: We ordered the shrimp, a suggestion of the waiter.

The sequential process by which one thought or mental image leads to another.

A psychological process by which an idea is induced in or adopted by another without argument, command, or coercion.

An idea or response so induced.

A hint or trace: just a suggestion of makeup; the first suggestion of trouble ahead.

de·mand P Pronunciation Key (d-mnd)

v. de·mand·ed, de·mand·ing, de·mands

v. intr.

To make a demand.

Taken on board, I still suggest you give us the proper use of the bloody caps lock key.

What do you mean?

Since you asked so nicely. Were you to construct a sentence with the caps lock on it will transform it to this:

"Only The First Letter Of Each Word Will Be Capitalized"

Hmm guess its just a general grammatical thing. Been trawling through to see about the whole "thread read/not read" cookie whatever problem (couldnt find anything im afraid) and didnt see anything for this. Will delve deeper.

Oh wait, i've enable capslock. But no shouting, I have a headache.

YEAH IT totally didn't work. ALTHOUGH IF YOU do CAPS LOCK short enough, it doesn't bother FUCKING YOU IN THE ASS.

Actually can we clear this up.

Are old posts that you havn't read (say from 2 weeks ago) being marked as new.

Or

Are posts you have read being marked as new?

As the first one is standard of vB anyway.

Or

What about posts you make yourself?

Or

Posts we've read are being marked as new.

i don't know if vbullettin allows it, but it would be great if we were allowed to store more messages. is it possible to increase the amount?

Or

Well, in my case it's that posts I haven't read are being marked as read, simply because I've been sat on one page for too long. Kind of gets annoying, especially as I have no idea of how long the specific time out is, my best guess is it's in the 15-20 minute range. To be honest that's nowhere near long enough, I'd prefer for the the timeout to be disabled completely, but if that isn't possible then it really needs to be at least an hour.

Is there any way of making the PM section a bit noticeable? i keep gettin messages and not seeing it. not that im critising the design, im blind as bugger :heh:

i dont think there is to be honest, well not that i can see cos i too am blind as a bat when it comes to the Vb admin panel >_<

The announcement things by Ash that appear at the top of pages could do with updating as they feature talk of Rep Points.

-1 Rep.

i dont think there is to be honest, well not that i can see cos i too am blind as a bat when it comes to the Vb admin panel >_<

hehe aw well i dont blame ya it must be awful confusing with so many more things to do :heh:

Click User CP, Edit Options..

About half way down the page there is a Private Messaging section, check the last box (popup when you have a new Private Message).

Then it will popup and tell you've got a PM while you're browsing the forums.

Click User CP, Edit Options..

About half way down the page there is a Private Messaging section, check the last box (popup when you have a new Private Message).

Then it will popup and tell you've got a PM while you're browsing the forums.

awesome thanks roadkill! you rock

Er, has anyone noticed that the release date for Nintentdogs is OUT NOW for Europe? It's not until Friday...

the already looked and new threads etc

how come when like ill post a new thread or reply to a new thread, then i look at it. THen i go back to the main board it says i havent looked at it and its new and then ill go look at it again and it still says that its new....

the already looked and new threads etc

how come when like ill post a new thread or reply to a new thread, then i look at it. THen i go back to the main board it says i havent looked at it and its new and then ill go look at it again and it still says that its new....

Read through the rest of the thread, i'm sure the answer is in here. :hmm:

Read through the rest of the thread, i'm sure the answer is in here. :hmm:

Nope, an ongoing problem.

But Roadie, sometimes when I do that if I kill my browser and then open a new one later and come back, marked read threads/boards are no longer marked read and appear to have new posts, when they don't.