NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Cube

Beware of deadly compound Dihydrogen Monoxide

You can read about it here: http://www.dhmo.org/facts.html

What is Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Dihydrogen Monoxide (DHMO) is a colorless and odorless chemical compound, also referred to by some as Dihydrogen Oxide, Hydrogen Hydroxide, Hydronium Hydroxide, or simply Hydric acid. Its basis is the unstable radical Hydroxide, the components of which are found in a number of caustic, explosive and poisonous compounds such as Sulfuric Acid, Nitroglycerine and Ethyl Alcohol.

For more detailed information, including precautions, disposal procedures and storage requirements, refer to the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) here: http://www.dhmo.org/msdsdhmo.html for Dihydrogen Monoxide.

Should I be concerned about Dihydrogen Monoxide?

Yes, you should be concerned about DHMO! Although the U.S. Government and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) do not classify Dihydrogen Monoxide as a toxic or carcinogenic substance (as it does with better known chemicals such as hydrochloric acid and benzene), DHMO is a constituent of many known toxic substances, diseases and disease-causing agents, environmental hazards and can even be lethal to humans in quantities as small as a thimbleful.

Research conducted by award-winning U.S. scientist Nathan Zohner concluded that roughly 86 percent of the population supports a ban on dihydrogen monoxide. Although his results are preliminary, Zohner believes people need to pay closer attention to the information presented to them regarding Dihydrogen Monoxide. He adds that if more people knew the truth about DHMO then studies like the one he conducted would not be necessary.

A similar study conducted by U.S. researchers Patrick K. McCluskey and Matthew Kulick also found that nearly 90 percent of the citizens participating in their study were willing to sign a petition to support an outright ban on the use of Dihydrogen Monoxide in the United States.

On the topic of chemistry, can anyone tell me the chemical formula of phosphorus trichloride? Its bugging me...

On the topic of chemistry, can anyone tell me the chemical formula of phosphorus trichloride? Its bugging me...

PCl3

Tri = 3

Google could have told you that though ;)

Phosphorus trichloride = PCl3

EDIT: Damn it, BlackFox got there first

lolz i had i christmas eve it was anazing!! im a bit drunk lol, dont dtell me bout deadly chemicalss though MERRY CHIRMSTMAS!!

Isnt it just water?

NO FUCKING SHIT.

This stupid gimmick is older than the internet.

Blackfox, did you just decide against P2Cl6?

Yeah, Phosphorus can be a tricky element due to its different oxidation states, so i googled it and found it was PCl3.

Is it one of those ones that breaks the rules? I think they still used that in my textbook as an example of a planar triangular molecule, which just confused everyone.

Quantum... *sigh*

I think reading this thread has made me smarter. Sort of the feeling you get when you watch an episode of Fraiser.

NO FUCKING SHIT.

This stupid gimmick is older than the internet.

Well looking at the posts above mine...

Jackass.

I think reading this thread has made me smarter. Sort of the feeling you get when you watch an episode of Fraiser.

That made me laugh. As for the chemical. Whatver, if it is poisonous we all gotta die of something. Happy holidays!

As for the chemical. Whatver, if it is poisonous we all gotta die of something. Happy holidays!

Water.

Water water water.

Pay attention people.

Sign in to follow this