NEurope
RedShell

Custom 3DS eco box inlays!

I had enough of my 3DS boxes looking like this:

3DS_nopics.jpg

Booooorrrrring. :nono:

Especially as the box for nintendogs + cats has all those cool little pics in it. :love: So I decided to make some of my own eco box inlays...

This is the end result:

3DS_pics.jpg

Now all my 3DS games have artwork inside the box! :bouncy:

And when scanning in the n+c and Zelda covers, I discovered that Nintendo put loads of stuff on there that isn't actually visible once it's inserted in the game box. ;) Check it out:

n+c_inside.jpg

oot_inside.jpg

Pointless... but still pretty cool. That's the Nintendo differenceâ„¢ right there. :laughing:

Anyway, I'm going to share my designs in here, if anyone wants to use them for their game boxes too.

It's really simple to do, just print/cut* 'em out and slide it under the box art. :grin: No need to make folds or anything either as the box will do that for you when you close it. :hehe:

*When cutting them, be sure to cut just on the inside edge of the black border lines (toward the images) and they should fit inside the box perfectly.

So here we go, click on the images below to download the hi-res/printable versions:

.zip"]Pilotwings Resort:

pilotwings_sample.jpg

.zip"]Zelda OOT3D:

ZeldaOOT_sample.jpg

(Made that one because I prefer the standard box art that doesn't have any inlay art, plus the pre-order one is pretty boring I reckon :heh:)

.zip"]DoA:

DOA_sample.jpg

.zip"]SSFIV:

SSFIV_sample.jpg

Enjoy!

: peace:

And if anyone has a request for a box art inlay for another 3DS game, post in here or chuck us a PM. Provided there's some decent artwork available for the game, I'll be happy to make up a custom inlay for it. :)

This is so awesome and brilliant that I'm surprised nintendo didn't think of it, really great idea!

Excellent work there RedShell :)

Any chance of making one to coincide with the imminent release of Starfox 64 3D?

Thanks everyone, glad you like 'em. :smile:

Any chance of making one to coincide with the imminent release of Starfox 64 3D?
There's always a chance with Nintendo published titles that the eco box artwork could be included, so let's wait and see if that'll be the case for Star Fox. If not though (someone will have to let me know, as I'm not getting it... at launch anyway), then yeah I'll make one up. : peace: