NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

I actually like Judd Winnick so I am partially intruiged by Batwing, but I'm getting Black Panther vibes. :/

I began to choke myself involuntarily whilst reading Green Arrow. It was as if my body were trying to prevent me from continuing to read in the only way it knew how.

I get off on auto-erotic asphyxiation, however, so I loved it møre.

I've only heard terrible things about Green Arrow.

OMAC is the worst comic book I've ever read. I don't understand how that passed the editorial team... Just awful awful artwork, felt like it was written by a 12 year old, or thought up in the 60s.

I thought that was the whole point. I thought it was kind of entertaining in a WTF did I just read that was utterly shit, kind of way. Doubt I'll pick up any more issues.

Yeah I liked it. Cool premise and fantastic art. Hopefully won't stray in to unfortunate quasi racist stereotypes.

Yeah, just read Batwing. Heard not great things but I actually think it's one of the better books. Loved the art.

@Dan Dare, I've been writing something for the blog, but it kinda is more of an extended forum post-meets-essay. It initially had a point, but now is sort of a rant about the quality disparity in NuDC. Is that ok? I'll send you it in a bit. I haven't even reread it yet, it was just an outpouring.

The one behind Quentin and Iceman? I hadnt noticed her at first but at the moment im assuming maybe Rachel?

Could be. Hard to tell if she's a redhead or not there. Weird non-costume if it's her, though.

also: Lol, that's Toad by Quire's foot! Either on X-Force or Wolverine...

also, people are saying it's Idie right there at the back. rachel is in red on the right.

Rachel is obviously with Legacy. Wolverine's team has been advertised as having 'new characters', so I guess that means Toad, Kid Omega and whoever is floating behind.

I'm kinda over that when Dazzler, Northstar and Pixie are crying out. But I assume this is just the main rosters/teaser, and those three will be assigned a side to continue to cameo in every issue.

Also yes @ Polaris finally back to have her say. "Fuck alla-y'all".

All I have read is the headline on Dan Dare's wall, so I know barely anything about what I assume the above stuff is about...but fuck religion.

It's just ridiculous - a comic shop owner interpreted Superman's grunt of "GD" in response to being blasted from behind as him saying 'god'/taking the lord's name in vain.

Despite there being similarly unusual 'grunts' throughout the issue. And it obviously...NOT being anything to do with God. Then Morrison said himself it wasn't and the guy had to try and make himself NOT like an asshole (he called Morrison names and stuff previously) - which failed.