NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Also, Justice League #8 was pretty great. Maybe my favourite issue so far. How does Green Arrow compare to how he usually acts? I've never read him before but I always got the impression he was a little dead pan. I thought he was pretty funny in JL#8.

Pre-DCnU Green Arrow was one of the older heroes associated with the Justice League and was more sarcastic than funny and was very into his causes and political stuff, as was hinted at at the end of JL #8. He was also a very good friend of Green Lantern with their pretty big series. I think I prefer the old Green Arrow to this new one.

I also think that once again with a character being de-aged for the DCnU it just creates confusion. Like how now Green Arrow and Roy Harper look around the same age so their Hero/Sidekick history doesnt really make sense.

Ah, kk.

I didn't think he looked that young, though. He definitely acted young. He was a little slap stick, actually.

Also, when the chuff are DC going to make a film with The Flash. It's bloody unacceptable.

Also, when the chuff are DC going to make a film with The Flash. It's bloody unacceptable.

Now that Barry Allen is back as the Flash so would most likely be the one in a movie, im not nearly as bothered about seeing a Flash movie. I find Barry a dull character in comparison to Wally West. Still feels like they should have made the much rumoured Flash movie with Ryan Reynolds, I think he fits that character a lot better than Green Lantern.

Nah, RR's too flippant (and dumb) to be The Flash. Maybe Chris Hemworth's brother...someone a little more serious. Hell, Chris Hemsworth when he's not built like a brick wall.

Also, WTF was up with Wonder Woman flying in JL #8?? I hate how she's different in JL and WW. She should just be as awesome as she is in her own series.

Man, Wonder Woman is fucking awesome. I'm glad DC rebooted just for that.

I bought 2 issues of the UK 'collector's edition' Marvel comics, just like the old days. Downloading is so stressful/too annoying to keep up. I'll remain 2 years behind and love it.

Apparently Kevin Conroy has recorded lines for an animated Flashpoint movie. Looks like they could be trying to bring some of the animated universe up to speed with the comics.

That would be awesome. I'd love to see a more coherent collection of Flashpoint. Some of the comics went literally nowhere. Like the Abin Sur one. WTF was the point of it?

I'd love it if they did a CG film like that freaking stunning cinematic trailer for DC Universe Online. I can dream.

I doubt we will get anymore than a streamlined version of the main Flashpoint story. This will just be there way of making the transition to the DCnU for the animated universe as quickly as possible so I cant see them spending anymore time in the Flashpoint universe than is necessary considering it has nothing to do with the new universe.

Im just wondering what will happen with Young Justice. At the moment thats the closest thing to the DC animated movies in terms of style and story so would this movie change that as well.

Im also not that thrilled as it is. Mainly because I dont like new Superman at all so I dont want him changing into mopey/moody Superman.

Yeah, I meant cutting a lot of the random crap out like Abin Sur and the Legion of Doom rubbish.

Those of you who use the Book Depository to get TPBs do they seem slower to you lately? They still havent dispatched my Avengers Assemble trade and they used to get stuff dispatched within a day.

Well it looks like they have dispatched my trade, just havent sent me an email letting me know. Im looking forward to reading it anyway, Ive never had a chance to read the Avengers stuff before Disassembled.

This might be a little old but the new DC website is pretty ace.

Lobdell is taking over Superman apparently. I think his Superboy stuff is pretty good (and Teen Titans even though I think it's pitched at a pretty young audience) and Superman is currently dull as fuck so I'm excited (And yet somehow better than Action Comics).

Wow, thats terrible news. You are the only person Ive heard say they actually like Teen Titans or Superboy, everywhere else they are getting panned so this is a very weird move from DC. I already dont like Superman in the DCnU but I still tried to read the issues, if Lobdell is on then I wont even do that.

Obviously no one read Superboy pre-DCNu run. Now that was some dire shit.

Honestly, I don't get why people have an issue with Teen Titans. There are hardly any fun comics, they're all pretty gritty but Teen Titans is just a fun read. Superboy is a little more serious but it's still aimed pretty young.

I know a couple people who have dropped a load of books but kept Superboy and Teen Titans.

Really enjoyed Dial H #1. In fact, just love DC's dark stuff; Dial H along with Animal Man and Swamp Thing, which are both stunning, is bliss. Hope we see Boy Chimney again.

Been thinking about the DCnU some more lately.

In the beginning I thought I was enjoying the DCnU but the further its gone along the more im realising thats not the case. The only books I still properly enjoy are Batman, Green Lantern and Aquaman, all 3 which barely anything changed (less so for Aquaman but I would say hes on track from where we left him in Brightest Day.) Maybe Justice League gets a pass as well but im not entirely sold yet.

Superman especially annoys me. Gone is the character that everyone looked up to and would always say the right thing, I loved that about his character. Now we just have a mopey guy in crappy looking armour.

I really wanted to embrace this new universe and not cling to the past but it doesnt look like its worked out that way.

The only ones I would refuse to drop are Batman, Swamp Thing, Animal Man and Wonder Woman.

I enjoy a lot of the rest for various reasons, the art in The Flash and Batwoman are ball smashingly awesome and Teen Titans and Superboy are a lot of fun. Plus, Batman and Robin for Damien.

The rest I could take or leave it.

And some I just thing are utter trash like Action Comics.

Just read Earth 2 and I loved it. A tonne better than Justice League.

Ugh. I hate being tempted by Earth 2.

I need to slash my comics by like...two thirds or something. I'm even cancelling Avengers and New Avengers (of which I have a full run). :/

Cancelling so much.

I am loving DC more than before.

Batman and Aquaman are insanely good, and amazing examples of good hero books.

The GL Books are GL, so I love.

JL is meh/okay, I will probably cancel.

Flash is awesome, but I probably will cancel.

This is my point. The books you listed ReZ could have had those stories regardless of the change.

I read Earth 2 as well. Thought it was good but im not a fan of:

the changes they made so Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman came before the Justice Society on that world.

I did like Worlds Finest #1 though which spins off from Earth 2. Although Power Girls costume looks crappy.

EDIT: Also, im really enjoying that Avengers Assemble trade I bought, its been nice reading the late 90s stuff. Probably order the next trade or two soon.

I will talk about the latest Marvel grapgic novel ,collection booms too. Just finished The Wolverine by Claremont and Miller.

Really enjoyed Dial H #1. In fact, just love DC's dark stuff; Dial H along with Animal Man and Swamp Thing, which are both stunning, is bliss. Hope we see Boy Chimney again.

yeah I got Dial H this week, really enjoyed it, Boy Chimney was great :)

Animal Man and Swamp Thing continue to be great, probably the best things to come out of the new 52.

There are a lot of top quality books out there just now from the Big Two along with a load of brilliant creator owned stuff as well.

It's a great time to be reading comics

Earth 2 #1 was very good started and the same with Dial H #1, looking forward to the next issues & reading Action Comics #9 was surprising that DC let Morrison write that story.