NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

I've been totally meh about Aquaman since the first issue, tbh.

From the couple of issues I read before I dropped most singles I was really enjoying Aquaman and I cant wait for the trade to come out.

I am also impressed with the art. Reis wasn't on this issue, however he still provided layouts so it looks like his and is consistent. I love where they're going storywise too, re-padding the mythos - this is what I expected John's Flash to be.

Flash has been amazing too.

Claire is reading Invincible. Heh. She just got to the Robot reveal. "Whats this?" I had better go help her.

Got an Email from Amazon: my Dark Angel Saga pt.II is delayed till the 9th apparently. Piss.

first time in ages that I actually have no idea what will happen. I only read a couple of issues after the AoA stuff so the whole Warren / Archangel thing is a total mystery. I've completely dropped comic news sites from my web browsing too so I have absolutely no idea about Spider-Man, Avengers, X-Men and all the rest.

Actually pretty nice.

Dark Angel Saga is good, but Psylockes death is the biggest "event" that happens in it, (and is in Part 1) so although still very good, Part 2 didn't blow my mind. Still loved it though.

DC's Nu Earth 2 is sounding more as darker universe everyday as new info comes out.

“Mourning the death of his beloved, Superman carries both a sadness in his heart along with the weight of Earth 2′s welfare upon on his shoulders, while never showing this and seeming to all that he is this world’s peerless champion,” said EARTH 2 writer James Robinson.

“What would you have to do to teach Superman to kill?” asks EARTH 2 editor Pat McCallum. “He’s endured the loss of his home world, and now the Last Son of Krypton must weather the death of his soul mate Lois Lane. Just how far can you bend the Man of Steel before he breaks?”

supermanearth2.jpg

What is this Earth 2 thing? Is it a brand new thing, or is it a universe that has been touched before'? Is this an Ultimate version'? Ongoing?S

If I remember right isnt Earth 2 now similar to the old pre-crisis Earth 2? Like where the JSA were the first heroes and where I thought that Huntress mini series was supposed to be set (although I think I must have been wrong as I think shes Robin now in Earth 2)

Can I just ask, WTF is going on with the Avengers, has marvel got issues going quicker than others

I noticed a week or so ago, Captain America has been captured, then this week in the avengers Skarr, does some random Avengers Assemble, is he working for Cap, and I'm sure i've missed an issue because I can't remember Osborn flying, I hate missing stuff, and now i'm confused

New Avengers and Avengers both came out this week, I understand intentionally and they were companion pieces. I havn't actually read them yet, but as I gather those two should explain it. The last few issues they have been running quite concisely with each other.

If I remember right isnt Earth 2 now similar to the old pre-crisis Earth 2? Like where the JSA were the first heroes and where I thought that Huntress mini series was supposed to be set (although I think I must have been wrong as I think shes Robin now in Earth 2)

Nope this was Earth-Two but the only info on this New Earth 2 is that Power Girl and Huntress once served under the identities of Supergirl and Robin also Batman,Superman and Wonder Woman are force to kill in new earth 2?

Dark Angel Saga is good, but Psylockes death is the biggest "event" that happens in it, (and is in Part 1) so although still very good, Part 2 didn't blow my mind. Still loved it though.

:shakehead

What IS this post? EW. Ew. Spoilers?

Unless this is like a 'LOL as if that would happen' thing.

*sigh*

I only read a couple of the Dark Angel Saga issues but Psylockes death was amazing, I mean what a way to go!

Just read Childrens Crusade #9. Not the best ending considering what a great series that was but its kind of nice that its just all over now so I can look forward to reading it altogether in trade. Also they did a good job of fitting it in with the rest of the Marvel U, it was a bit confusing during it when it was supposed to be going on.

so I got tickets for Comic-Con and now I'm pricing up hotels and flights to see what the damage will be ;)

still swithering over it, can get a refund on my Con tickets but it's something I'd really like to do

Flashpoint trade arrived today. I think it read a bit better altogether than when I was reading it as singles. Still would have prefered a different story for the end of that DCU though, feels like we didnt get to say goodbye to the characters. The original Crisis gave everyone a massive event, this time the only person who involved was Flash.