NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Ultimates #4 was good, and in fact probably the strongest issue since the relaunch. The artist was incredible. However the ending was weird. Well. Not weird, but the way it was delivered, was as if the ending was a twist - Reed Richards is the bad guy, but....I mean....I NEVER "guess" twists, but I don't see how this is a twist. It is an assumption, that surely anyone reading it made. I mean....like. Even with only half the information you could piece it together. Basically the FutFou, ending of Bendis' trilogy of Ultimate Borefest, etc etc.

Anyway it was good.

Action Comics #4 was FUCKING INSULTINGLY SHIT. I possibly....have never enjoyed a comic less. Jesus. The designs are fucking appalling, the cover is utter shit and the story fell apart, feels like I missed an issue or something with all the supposed explanation in this or whatever.

I'm not putting up with this SHIT, especially now that they are interrupting this storyline for an interlude because they can't hold their shit together - cancelling it.

Ultimate Spider-Man was great!

Amazing Spider-Man was FUCKING wicked! Awesome issue, and there should be more all-villain issues. Was great getting to see Ramos play with A) so many characters and B) some obscure ones.

This Batman Files is pretty fucking special. Its been put together as if by Bruce Wayne, loads of littles notes detailing images and articles. It even has Batmans training schedule. Excellent.

sam0135z.jpg

sam0136d.jpg

sam0137b.jpg

sam0138yn.jpg

Wonder Woman #4 is absolutely stunning. WW is the best thing out of DCNu. I really hope this carries on.

There's a little internet comic out somewhere and I thought it may have been posted here.

It had Batman saying "Someone killed my parents!" whilsts fighting a robber and the robber says "Someone killed my parents too!"

Anyone know of this/where to get it? plzthnxbai

I think im gonna stop reading comics weekly from now on. I miss buying a trade and not having read the story and that rarely happens for me these days.

Has anyone seen the Marvel Graphic Novel collection? Its one of those fortnightly magazine things.

Issue 1 is £2.99 for ASM Coming Home in HC, so its worth it just for that.

Normal price is £9.99.

I wasn't going to bother, but its actually a good size, and you get a lot of free gifts for direct debitting it. Hmm. Very nice. Might get them. Its stories from 80s - present, issue 2 is Dark Phoenix which I havn't read. Its good.

I've seen it advertised and it looks very cool but I know if I start collecting there will come a point I'll have to stop and my collection wont be finished. Just like the DC Superheroes collection.

Bought Wonder Woman Issue 1 yesterday (new 52) and this Hipster looked at me oddly.

Caught up with Wonder Woman and Cat Woman so far. :) Both intriguing enough.

I read ASM Coming Home (Marvel graphic novel collection) and really loved it.

John Romita's artwork has never looked better. It is so much better than his current stuff. Whether that is down to him being pushed to work too fast (people have said he is really quick before, recently and I wonder if its partly that?) anyway, or maybe its inkers, but it looks a heckuva lot better than Avengers and it looks better than Kick-Ass I think.

The story and characters a fricking awesome. Loved it. And OH HAY HAPPENSTANCE'S signature! Lulz. I was like "OH hay"

So yeah. Proper loved it.

Yeah Coming Home is one of my favourite Spider-man stories. I think it probably is inkers that make the difference. I cant say for sure but I think it was the inker from Coming Home that worked on the one Avengers issue with JRJR where everyone thought he was back to his best again.

DCnU's mystery woman's name revealed

2146914-the_strange_color_1001_super.jpeg

Pandora

Kind of disappointed, I quite liked the "Aunty Monitor" name the fans had given her :p

SCOOP: Marvel And DC To Publish New Twelve Issue Crossover – Spider-Man/Batman

This could be lol worthy.

Joe Mad should draw it. Joe Mad should draw everything. Even reality.

I do like the idea that it's not an ongoing and just a selection of their team ups. I'd love to see someone like Thor team up with Batman. Basically, I'd be up for seeing Batman being a dick to everyone.

Edited by Daft

it was actually a trap to catch out Rich Johnson at Bleeding Cool :)

not happening

Still want Joe Mad to draw the entirety of existence.

Can someone explain what this Batman Inc Leviathan One Shot is? It is the end of the Batman Inc thing from pre-DCNu?

Still want Joe Mad to draw the entirety of existence.

Can someone explain what this Batman Inc Leviathan One Shot is? It is the end of the Batman Inc thing from pre-DCNu?

yeah it's the end of pre flashpoint Batman Inc, it's actually a pretty enjoyable read

Anyone else read Chew? :) Enjoying it so far. Read one issue.

yeah I read it (think Rez does as well). It's probably my favourite book on the shelves.

so what's everyone's favourite comics from 2011 then?

for me it's probably the Black Mirror arc from Detective Comics by Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla, one of the best Batman stories I've read

Anyone else read Chew? :) Enjoying it so far. Read one issue.

yeah I read it (think Rez does as well). It's probably my favourite book on the shelves.

so what's everyone's favourite comics from 2011 then?

for me it's probably the Black Mirror arc from Detective Comics by Scott Snyder, Jock and Francesco Francavilla, one of the best Batman stories I've read

Yes, Chew is fucking brilliant. Its always got something new or whacky and its a great merging of several genres (thriller, comedy, sci-fi) just....its so so good.

Favourite comics of 2011? Hmmm, a fine question.

Although it hasn't finished, I thought Superior was pretty good.

Gladstones School for World Conquerors has a fucking awesome Digimon vibe to it that I love.

Invincible obviously.

I don't know. I think a lot of stories have not been all that memorable.

What went wrong with Action Comics? :(

It started off so well, then it was like some fatcat executive at DC read it and it was the first he heard of it so he stepped in and was like "no, it needs more braniac, kryptonite robots, time travel, 1970s Lex Luthor, an origin story and a superdog".

Yes, Chew is fucking brilliant. Its always got something new or whacky and its a great merging of several genres (thriller, comedy, sci-fi) just....its so so good.

Favourite comics of 2011? Hmmm, a fine question.

Although it hasn't finished, I thought Superior was pretty good.

Gladstones School for World Conquerors has a fucking awesome Digimon vibe to it that I love.

Invincible obviously.

I don't know. I think a lot of stories have not been all that memorable.

yeah I've really enjoyed Superior as well

Gladstone's is another good shout, in fact the greator has put it up on his tumblr site here, so you people who haven't read it should give it a go.

another book that shouldn't go without mention is the latest arc of Criminal by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips called Last of the Innocents. Comic Noir at it's finest

there was also the end of DMZ

What I have been reading recently:

Super Girl #1

X-men Schism - the whole thing.

Uncanny X-men up to #2(2011)

Wolverine and the X-men up to #3 (2011)

Ultimate Comics Spiderman up to #3.

The avengers 2010 #1

green lantern up to #3 (dcnu)

The new avengers #1

Justice League up to #3

Amazing Spiderman #676

Black Widow #1

Fear Itself #1

The Trial Of Captain America

The Avengers (2010) #1

X men First class #1

:grin:

I'm a complete knob in my last post about comics of the year - without a shadow of a doubt Uncanny X-Force was the best comic of the year. Remender is GOD OF COMICS, 100% he is immense.

Anyway.

Invincible #87

Amazing issue.

9/10

Last page.

LAST. PAGE.

LASSSTTTT PAAAAGGEEEEE.

Just noticed that the all of the 90s Spider-Man cartoon is on Netflix, looks like thats my viewing sorted for this week!