NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Wow I never realised there so much stuff to do with Frank Miller I just assumed he was something of a legend cis of how his name is known to those outside of comic book geekdom!

Avenging Spider-Man #1 rocked my balls. I want to lick the art it looks so good.

Joe Mad is truely one of the greats.

How do you feel about Ed McGuinness?

(Computer is being really slow, so can't find amazing examples but)

Uugh. Netbook being unbearably slow so I cannot find any.

Yeeeeessssssss. And this.

Red_Hulk_Smash_by_skage.jpg

He might even be my number two favourite. Often inked by Dexter Vines - unquestionably the best inker.

Daft as you're easing yourself into Marvel I will just say (not necessarily saying "read this") but for your information ; Uncanny X-Force and Ultimate Spider-Man I think are pretty much widely regarded as the best Marvel books at the moment.

Nah, that doesn't really please me. I saw the preview of the Avengers Sanction thing and as soon as I saw hulk I though 'eeuuurgh, hate'. It looks kind of old school and static.

I read Avening and was like I NEED TO DRAW IT.

6344859667_83e542b4b0_z.jpg

That's my friend's birthday card sorted for tomorrow.

I'm just going to stick with Avenging Spider-Man for now. I don't really need to buy any more comics (JLD, you're dropped).

Edited by Daft

I watched the first two Green Lanterns. I thought they were actually really good. The style is a bit barren but you get used to it and suits a lot of it.

I havent got around to watching the Green Lantern episodes yet but I really like Young Justice and id be interested to see some of these little extras they'll be airing as well.

Avenging Spider-Man #1 rocked my balls. I want to lick the art it looks so good.

I'm about to read it now!

This variant cover for next month's Green Lantern is unnfff.

Green_Lantern4_VAR.jpg

Francis Manapul loveliness.

Question, is Teen Titans #3 out next week?

Finished it last night. Although it was good, it's reminded me of a fear of comics I'd supressed for so long. They're too fucking short. I'll probably end up buying a few more but £3 for a comic one can read in 5 minutes is a bad investment.

Although I did just buy this.

511HwWz%2BUEL._SS500_.jpg

I was like that (and still am with some comics) but I think you've just got to learn to read comics differently from books and stuff. A bit of a weird concept but yeah.

Although to me Avenging is definitely more about the art than anything else so nom nom nom.

Its one of the reasons I only buy Trade Paperbacks these days, feel like im getting more for my money. Plus I never liked having to bag and unbag multiple comics just to read one story arc.

I like trades and I love reading in trade if (the story has finished) or if there is a lot of it to read (I started reading The Boys just before volume 7 came out) so its amazing, but I think I prefer reading in singles most of the time, because I don't want to wait 6 months for a story to continue (or more).

I have a bad memory I think, so waiting that long I forget some things.

Some things of course read a lot better in trade though. Scalped for example. And I can't imagine reading Y The Last Man in singles.

7emv39

Woot! The "3 weeks apart" wasn't fudge!

Bad News:

Joe Madueira Off Avenging Spider-Man, Greg Land On

Well that was quick. Joe Madueira‘s grand return to comic books was three issues long.

With issue 4, the digital-download-code-included Avenging Spider-Man will have Greg Land drawing Zeb Wells‘ script, as Spider-Man teams up with a very movie-looking Hawkeye…

greg-600x911.jpg

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/11/16/joe-madueira-off-avenging-spider-man-greg-land-on/

Wasn't the point that Joe Mad was off after #3 and then back from like #6?

I'm only picking up the Joe Mad stuff. I'll drop it after #3 until he comes back (or doesn't).

oh well that'll save me some money every month :)

Greg Land gets no more of my money!

Hahhahahaha, the prospect of $3.99 on a Greg Land comic is greatly amusing. Yeah I will,cancel that shit straight away.

Just watched GL animated....wtf....it was fucking quality.

And you thought I was being sarcastic!! :heh:

I just downloaded Young Justice. I'll check it out soon.

Who's Greg Land and why does everyone seem to dislike him?

Also, the art on Supergirl is bloody excellent. It's like way better than it has any right to be.

Wow, that's loltastic.

Joe Mad is so awesome. I need him to illustrate existence.

And you thought I was being sarcastic!! :heh:

Yeah seriously. 100% thought you were pulling my leg.

I watched the preview clips on the GL movie blu-ray and was like "Wow this looks shit", the clips were way out of context.

I could definitely get used to the style....the good thing is, althought the characters and main things are very simplistic it has some very details and textured additions like the rock planet and cracks in constructs and stuff.

The story was good, mildly unpredictable and....fucking...kind of a bit emotional in places, like "wtf" and not upbeat. A million times better than I thought it would be.