NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

He looks dumb wearing pants on the outside.

Just sayin'.

Srsly though, he looks pregnant.

I've seen, and been most intrigued by the new Avenging Spiderman series. Which will feature at one point the Red Hulk. I've only seen bits of Thunderbolt Ross as the Hulk, but does he act at all like he does when he was human, for all I've seen is just a Red Hulk.

I never really read/watched the Hulk series.

He's acting a lot more like Ross (though good Ross) now than when he first started off as Red Hulk yeah, still a bit tougher obviously but I think his big thing at the moment is trying to atone for the stuff he did when he first became Red Hulk.

Remender on Secret Avengers is the best comic news of the year. Not over-hyping.

ReZ, everything you've ever said has been over-hyped :p

But this time, I'm definitely, definitely, definitely not over hyping it!

So I caught up on Deadpool (about 11 issues in a row) all absolutely awesome, loving it.

Read all my DC number 2's wanting to hate the shit out of them so I can reduce my pull list, and I bloody liked em. Ugh.

Been some pretty good #2s this week. So far ive enjoyed Justice League #2 the most but Wonder Woman, Nightwing and Supergirl have all been good as well. Batman #2 was ok but I think the quality dropped off from the excellent first issue.

So Batman Odysset is out this week. Anyone picked it up? It's been way delayed.

I heard it's atrocious shit.

--

I'm so bored of Mark Millar these days. I have a feeling his creator-owned projects will just devolve into 'typical' Millar stuff like OTT violence and blah blah. He hasn't been as good as his early Ultimate runs in a while.

I heard it's atrocious shit.

I stopped reading half way through. I don't think I've ever done that before.

As you guys know I havent thought this event has been that great (or any of this years events for that matter) and I found the conclusion to Fear Itself just as poor. The fights were anti climactic and the new weapons seemed very pointless and didnt really show anything that made them so special (pretty much exactly the same as the norn stones in Siege actually). Thor dieing needed a lot more too it in my opinion, it didnt feel at any point during his fight that he was close to death or that it was anything on than the usual battles with some big bastard. It also feels like a massive waste, Thor has only really just come back properly to the Avengers etc and now weve lost him again.

I hope Justice League can carry on with this kind of quality once the stories get back to present day and the roster expands.

yeah Fear Itself was poorly paced, setup took too long and the finale seemed rushed, even with an extended final issue (although a lot of the extra pages were previews for new books spinning out of the series), not sold on Fraction's ability to write event books. I must say though the double page splash was amazing :)

I've really enjoyed the last two issues of Mark Millar's Superior, now this has good pacing, great art and a story that's got me hooked ;)

Anyone else notice the weird purple Flashpoint lady in Batman #2? What's that about?!

Supergirl #2 was pretty good. I absolutely love the art. The facial expression are wonderful.

Anyone else notice the weird purple Flashpoint lady in Batman #2? What's that about?!

She is in every single #1 at least.

I haven't been commenting much in here as I'm reading so sporadically being so busy. Read a few of the issue 2's...I think. I read Batgirl at least...I'm so lost at sea.

She is in every single #1 at least.

I knew that much fool!! :hehe:

I wonder if she's in any other #2s.

So hi....errrrr I'm new to the comic book lark and thought I would come in here and post my views on Batman #1 and #2 I love them and can't wait to read more. Just a few things I know they have obviously rebooted everything and so am I right in thinking that Batgirl was Oracle but is now back to being Batgirl? So hence the emphasis on this new remote contact lens as that helps provide information on hand and narrative drive in that form? Also are these owl guys new or something from the past?

Finally what other DC 52's would people recommend, heard Swamp Thing and Animal Man. Also a friend at work said one of the Justice League ones was pretty decent or something? He wasn't sure because then he said actually its called DC something. Any ideas which he might mean?

So hi....errrrr I'm new to the comic book lark and thought I would come in here and post my views on Batman #1 and #2 I love them and can't wait to read more. Just a few things I know they have obviously rebooted everything and so am I right in thinking that Batgirl was Oracle but is now back to being Batgirl? So hence the emphasis on this new remote contact lens as that helps provide information on hand and narrative drive in that form? Also are these owl guys new or something from the past?

Finally what other DC 52's would people recommend, heard Swamp Thing and Animal Man. Also a friend at work said one of the Justice League ones was pretty decent or something? He wasn't sure because then he said actually its called DC something. Any ideas which he might mean?

Batgirl is Barbara Gordon who had become Oracle after being crippled by the Joker and confined to a wheelchair, she has now been cured and back to being Batgirl

The Owl guys from Batman isn't something I'm aware of but I'm not that up on my obscure Bat villains.

The main Justice League book is just called Justice League and it's being done by Geoff Johns and Jim Lee, and the first arc is the formation of the team, so a great jumping on point. It's probably the best of the 3 Justice League books (the others being International and Dark).

As for other recommendations,

Green Lantern has been consistently good,

Action Comics (whilst splitting opinion in this thread) is shaping up to be a decent Superman book (basically him starting to use his powers in Metropolis, but not being fully powered yet),

Aquaman first issue was great, went totally meta in dealing with the public perception of him as a rubbish superhero :)

Batgirl obviously (you mentioned it above but not sure if you've read)

Wonder Woman as well

are some of the more obvious choices, I've enjoyed most of what I've read of the 52

Read BATWOMAN.

Also, check out Stormwatch.

Maybe give Ressurection Man a go. It hasn't had anywhere near the same buzz as Swamp Thing and Animal Man but it's also a pretty ace 'who'da thunk that was gonna not suck' comic.

Obviously pick up Flash. Without hesitation.

And yeah, Aquaman is freaking amazing. It was so good I had to buy an extra three copies for some friends.

And Wonder Woman. So unnf.

I'd say those, among some others already mentioned, are the essential ones.