NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Lol no, by using present tense, I mean I'm still doing shitty sketches of costume ideas. The focus/heroine is called Triumphtina (not sure what her powers are yet, other than generally being super), though..it might not be 'about' her, more about her impact. It's light-hearted/serious at the same time, but quirky and not giving a shit in an underground comics way.

The opening page is a newspaper article/news reporter/someone saying/reporting "The Superman exists and he's a woman!" - playing on the "....and he's American!" quote from Watchmen. Plus we all love playing with genders ideas/it might set the tone.

It's just a big joke. With some quite gruesome bits I've planned that'll make you cross your legs in horror.

Triumphtina herself is Scottish. From the small town of Anstruther. Also home to the (voted) Best Fish & Chip Shop in the Uk. Her shorts bear the saltire.

Would still be cool to see anything you've put together but yeah, sounds pretty cool so far.

Triumphtina herself is Scottish. From the small town of Anstruther. Also home to the (voted) Best Fish & Chip Shop in the Uk. Her shorts bear the saltire.

Why not make her from a place that you know more about, so more stunning detail can be added?

So Spiderman next year is out like two weeks before The Dark Knight Rises. That's weird. Pffft, I know which one I'm seeing.

sick.

Don't remember Cable looking so much like a douche.

Edited by Daft

Animal_man_19.jpg

"God, I'm talking in clichés! That proves we're not characters in a story -- no one would write such terrible dialogue."

natalie-portman-black-swan-still.png

Ended up with 64 views last night. Very pleased.

Good comics this week but I'll be stranded at my girlfriend's / work for a couple of days before I can get back and rinse a few :(

Why not make her from a place that you know more about, so more stunning detail can be added?

She hates/hated it there and spent as much time as she could in Edinburgh.

"God, I'm talking in clichés! That proves we're not characters in a story -- no one would write such terrible dialogue."

tumblr_li89kcYOwD1qhn7qso1_400.gif

Animal Man was clearly ghost-written by R.L.Stun.

Batman & Robin #1 - Didnt really like this and wont be bothering getting anymore. There felt like there was too much dialogue, Damian feels like he has lost the progression he made with Dick, Stephanie and Supergirl (not a lot of progression but enough so he felt like more of a full character). The art seemed a bit flat but that could be the colouring and I was bored of the story by the end.

Fear Itself #6 - Nice to see Odin start to explain stuff in this, even if it wasnt much and he's starting to be a bit more reasonable. I doubt anyone expected much to happen in this issue seeing as its the calm before the final storm but I at least enjoyed reading the conversation between Thor and Odin. Also the Spider-Man stuff was pretty pointless.

Ultimate Spider-Man #1 - I think I need to try and re-read a different copy of this because the order stuff was happening in did not seem right at all. I assume its just a mistake and not how the book was actually supposed to be read.

I bought Batwoman and Resurrection Man in town today. Had various others in my hand too, but just didn't feel like I truly wanted to pay for them. Suicide Squad I've heard is pretty rubbish but liked the idea of Harley Quinn, Red Lanterns I have little interest in but Milligan is a good writer, Batman and Robin has Damian...nyeeeeah. Glad with my choices. Haven't read 'em yet though.

Green Lantern #1 - Ive not really known what to think about Green Lantern when it came to the DCnU relaunch. It always felt like favouritism on Geoff Johns part that all these other books were changing, some quite a bit and his Green Lantern ones were nearly exactly the same. They may all have some cast changes but thats not a new universe thing. The book seemed ok but ive mentioned before how im a bit burnt out on GL at the moment and this didnt really change that, even with Sinestro in it and Hal having lost the ring. It may be another one i'll drop.

Superboy #1 - Quite liked this. I never read the original Superboy series when he was in Cadmus so I cant compare it to that but it does seem interesting the situation they are setting up for him. Also suprised at a character that will be appearing in the book:

Near the end of Teen Titans in the DCU they had Rose Wilson (Ravager) and Superboy getting closer but the DCU ended before anything happened. Now they have the DCnU version of Rose popping up in Superboy, just this time she seems to be a scientist instead of very dangerous assassin teenager with one eye

My only complaint about the book is that they are calling him Superboy from day one, even before theyve finished growing him.

Read so far + thoughts:

Batman & Robin 1

Yeah, glad I didn't buy this. Nothing wrong with it, just not particularly interesting. As you said, Happenstance, I'm kinda over the 'taming' Damian by now. Even though he and his dad haven't worked together much officially...Damian was past that while with Dick (I felt). Story wasn't very interesting.

Red Lanterns

Fine/nothing. I have no attachment to the GL universe and this won't convert. Probs won't read the others until I hear stunning things.

Suicide Squad

I liked this! I kinda wish I'd bought it today. Really surprised, it has bad press already and people were complaining about the redesigns, losing Secret Six etc...but it was fun/entertaining. I might even buy it still. Yeah, my fave of the three. I'm on the fence about Harley's redesign (it looks deviantart-esque). I love her and King Shark's presence though.

Will wait for reviews of Demon Knights...I might buy that too.

EDIT: Where do you guys get your comics online? (As in buy, to be sent to you)

Disposable Heroes, while cheap, has epicly long delivery BUT now seems to be selling out of stuff, or just it isn't listed anymore. And eBay usually has lots of 'preorder' issue stuff but I can't find ANY for Wonder Woman and some others...and a copy of Suicide Squad issue 1 is going for £12..?? WTF.

Edited by Paj!

Daredevil the film is almost literally the worst thing ever. If his weakness is uber annoying sound why don't all the bad guys carry around DD rape alarms or something?

Also, he's happy to kill Bullseye but when it comes to Kingpin he doesn't because "he's the good guy!." Fuck you Dickdevil!

It makes me not want to live anymore.

Daredevil the film is almost literally the worst thing ever. If his weakness is uber annoying sound why don't all the bad guys carry around DD rape alarms or something?

Also, he's happy to kill Bullseye but when it comes to Kingpin he doesn't because "he's the good guy!." Fuck you Dickdevil!

It makes me not want to live anymore.

Ha ha! I switched off half way through. It's one of those films where you're like "Okay, this can't be as bad as I remember it being!" *turn off*

Think that's where I started watching it. Was waiting for Family guy.

Got me thinking how much comicbook films have changed. Specifically Marvel's because aesthetically they are really uniform in style. Wouldn't mind maybe a reboot.

Put her in a cold room apparently. And turned her into a psychopath.

Apparently the extended cut of Daredevil makes it a bit better.

The only comic of the New 52 I've actually liked so far is Action Comics.

I watched the extended director's cut of Daredevil late last year/earlier this year. I didn't notice a significant difference BUT then I didn't hate the original film. It wasn't offensively bad, just blahmediocrenothing. Better than Elektra...

---

Resurrection Man was brilliant! READ IT./ not brilliant. but really good, and I'm so ready for the next issue.

As was Batwoman. The most beautiful comic art I've ever seen? Possibly.

Deathstroke was nothing. It just has nothing interesting to say. Sure it's a first issue, but blah. Not bad or good.

Demon Knights is potentially interesting, with the cast of characters. Hey Ystina! Hey Madame Xanadu.

I read the first page of Superboy and really couldn't be arsed.

---

RE: Waller, they obviously wanted a Waller that reflected the one shown in Green Lantern, only younger and sexier.

God you guys are boring these last two days. Where's the nu52 chat?

---

I love how RPG'ish this is. Come on everyone's choice weapon. I love them all. You can tell the most effective part combo (of 4) would be Iron Man, Red She-Hulk, Dr. Strange and Spidey.

1316097796.jpg

Edited by Paj!
Automerged Doublepost

Come on Ms Marvel, come on She-Hulk. Iron Man and Wolverine overdressed for the party but they're dealing.

edit: No Cap seems a...glaring omission, but I'm guessing he'll take Sin by himself somehow, even though Black Widow should blates knock her teeth out.

So I swung by Forbidden Planet today. Picked up Demon Knights and Stormwatch, both signed by Paul Cornell which is kind of cool.

Also picked up Batwoman, because of course.

Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E. because I think I head good things and even if it's lame it's at least an amusing idea. I'm starting to love oddball mainstream DC.

Red Lanterns because of Dex-Starr.

Resurrection Man for the reasons previously stated (lame title = amazing book).

Also picked up Deathstroke because it looks like something the 90s shat out and I'm kind of in the mood for that.