NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Civil War II is already onto its second issue (or third counting #0)

Haha! I hadn't realised its kicked off yet, I thought it was still building up because of the latest Iron Man issue (this week's):

First Page:

4430963F-9F34-4234-8CAA-B29B42CEEF23_zpsuk4kkeub.png

Last Page:

7BA73C64-F921-453D-A24B-346CD1126DEF_zpsh3bkrnvv.png

Civil War II is already onto its second issue (or third counting #0)

Haha! I hadn't realised its kicked off yet, I thought it was still building up because of the latest Iron Man issue (this week's):

First Page:

4430963F-9F34-4234-8CAA-B29B42CEEF23_zpsuk4kkeub.png

Last Page:

7BA73C64-F921-453D-A24B-346CD1126DEF_zpsh3bkrnvv.png

The Flash Issue 2... Holy crap! What's happening?!

The Flash Issue 2... Holy crap! What's happening?!

So I've just caught up with Civil War II... god damn, what the f..?! No!!!

Yeah I just read Civil War II issues 1 - 3.

Really, really enjoyed them! Dafuq at issue 3 though. Howzat.

I thought Spiderman (2016) was good, getting into the Civil War arc of the story, and I'm liking Miles as Spidey more and more.

I thought Batman and Superman were OK, just setting up their respective arcs to come really. Likewise, I found Justice League just ok.

Although I'm dying to know...

...how Gotham and Gotham Girl came to have their powers.

Edited by Kav

More books, Batman this time.

51T1QNNW57L.jpg515Y9RFR36L._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg51S83N1WGZL._SX331_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've been in the mood to re-read War Games for a while now but haven't been able to get a good price on the first volume.

Just read The Flash, interesting things happening in the wake of the Speed Force Storm and it was good getting a look at the villain

6D935687-08D8-499B-A22D-4827B5F30883_zpspjcakcgk.png

Anyhoo, things are about to get real in Civil War II and I cannot wait, I really enjoyed this latest issue! It is looking to be great... again.

733C349C-FC22-4F86-B0B6-34D9D296F3D4_zpstl4wzyo4.jpeg

I just finished reading Batgirl and the Birds of Prey #1. Now i've only jumped in and out of DC since nu52 but is this now the 3rd Huntress and 2nd Helena Bertinelli since that reboot???

Yesterday I purchased "Shadowland" and "Shadowland: Street Heroes" at a flea market.

cassaday-john-shadowland-no-2-cover-daredevil-spider-man-elektra-iron-fist-white-tiger-moon-knight-kingpin.jpg

9583391.jpg

Are they stand-alone or do I need some earlier books to enjoy them?

I think Shadowland does a pretty good job of explaining whats going on if I remember right. Unfortunately it was a terrible event that Marvel fans tend to try and forget.

Ah. Well. It seems like a fun take on Daredevil and the other heroes so I bought them. Well, we'll see! :)

It'll be interesting to see what you think since its been and gone. It might come off better now.

Anyone read any of Marvel's Epic Collections? From what I can tell they are similar to the Marvel Masterworks releases but you get a bit more for a bit cheaper. Im tempted to start collecting the Spider-Man ones but it just seems a bit annoying that they are released out of order. Still though, I would love to get a good collection of all the early Spider-Man stories, seems like they'll be going roughly up to JMS' run in the early 2000s.

I ended up ordering them anyway, the lure of working towards the full set was too much!

photos-GRAPHICNOVELS-JUL140723_1.jpgphotos-GRAPHICNOVELS-FEB140863_1.jpgphotos-GRAPHICNOVELS-AUG130895_1.jpgphotos-GRAPHICNOVELS-NOV150957_1.jpgphotos-GRAPHICNOVELS-DEC140973_1.jpg

Along with one extra that I ordered this morning before all this got in my head!

51d9ih9hbYL._SX323_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I'm really enjoying Action Comics. I've never properly read Superman going but yeah, loving the two current ones.

I've been enjoying Superman and Action Comics as well. Feels like the first time in years that I'm actually reading a Superman story. I've not exactly been quiet about my dislike of nu52 but I always thought Superman was one of the characters who was worse off after Flashpoint. He felt like a completely different character and I thought he lost that sense of hope that is so important to the character. It's nice to have it back.

Ok, so given how I hadn't read comics for years upon years, I'm not all too familiar with the reason for the separate Action/Detective comics and the Superman/Batman ones.

Why is they hadn't just done Rebirth and then continued the respective stories of Supes & Bats in the Action & Detective comics, why do they have these as well as their own ones ongoing and how is the continuity between them?

...basically, what exactly is the deal? ::shrug:

They are just different books/stories in the same universe, not much to explain really. Characters just sometimes have more than one book.

Detective/Action sometimes have different characters as their leads but not often. Just before Flashpoint Action comics had a really good year long arc with Lex Luthor as the lead.

So, back to Action Comics

the new Clark Kent is then?

Superman.

Could be going out on a limb.

I've been reading the new Thor book as its on sale in Comixology. I really like it. There's a nice split between the Asguardian style writing when she speaks and the human when she is thinking. It makes Thor more relatable.