NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Oooo, let me know what you think of Superman. I'm eager for it to be good. *crosses fingers*

Has it been confirmed how all these changes are happening?

We had Wally still being around (which is great of course) and we've seen all these costume changes etc and the talk of the missing 10 years but has there been any event which is actually explaining all these changes to costumes etc happening at once. It seemed like there was going to be some kind of crisis style superboy prime punch but Rebirth was more about Wally noticing things are wrong and then these new books just seem to be putting them right without explanation.

Oooo, let me know what you think of Superman. I'm eager for it to be good. *crosses fingers*

I'm not sure what to think of it. It's like a chapter of closure more than a rebirth and it sets up the next issue to start the rebirth.

Nothing to get excited over unfortunately, no big happenings as such.

...just caught up with Spiderman 2015 and I'm really liking where it's heading. Man I love Spidey!

I had to do a quick crash-course in what's been happening in the world(s) of Spiderman but I'm generally up to speed (in a very rough way).

Started reading Spiderman 2016 (Miles Morales), he seemed a likeable character so I'd like to see what they do with this Spidey, especially seeing how he's going to be the main Spidey going forward.

Started reading Spiderman 2016 (Miles Morales), he seemed a likeable character so I'd like to see what they do with this Spidey, especially seeing how he's going to be the main Spidey going forward.

Well the main one in New York. Peter Parker Spider-Man is still around and has the main book.

Well the main one in New York. Peter Parker Spider-Man is still around and has the main book.

Well yeah, PP has "gone global" as they say. MM will be the Spidey in the Avengers team though, so focus is being shifted it seems from PP... perhaps?

Just read this...

WQvnqZd.jpg

Really excellent. I haven't read Superman Rebirth but I've read all the others and this issue is the best by a long shot. I urge everyone to give it a go. I don't condone it but if you're on the fence, here's an Imgur link to the issue.

Just bought and read The Flash Rebirth #1. Really good, obviously taking right off from the end of DCU Rebirth.

I'm not sure whether to read the others. Batman, Superman and Flash are the only 3 I really like as characters so I may give the others a miss. Although the as you e said above @Daft, I have heard that Green Arrow chapter is really good.

Dont forget Action Comics and Detective Comics if you like Superman and Batman as well.

Just bought and read The Flash Rebirth #1. Really good, obviously taking right off from the end of DCU Rebirth.

Really enjoyed this issue.

We got out first look at Godspeed. He looks badass.

The Wally West moment brought all the feels again.

And I really like how Flash and Batman are basically partnering on the case of the Watchmen. I've wanted to see them work as a duo for a while.

I think it'll be interesting to see how they do end up dealing with the lost relationships etc. Its hard to tell how much Wally remembers as on the one hand he specifically talks about the lost memories and loves etc but he also seemed surprised that Barry only called Iris a "friend".

I got the impression that Wally knows everything up to The New 52. So he knows about the lost memories but doesn't know what the specific New 52 changes were.

I got the impression that Wally knows everything up to The New 52. So he knows about the lost memories but doesn't know what the specific New 52 changes were.

I dont think so, he specifically says "there are pieces of memory missing from both of us". I dont think you would phrase it like that for stuff that he just missed (nu52) and not stuff that they've actually forgotten.

I think Wally's kids are going to be another interesting area. I cant remember if he mentioned them or not in Rebirth but I would love to see him and Linda realise (or just Linda if Wally already knows) that their kids are gone.

Oh also, has it been retconned that Zoom was the one who went back and killed Barry's mum? Or is Thawne now calling himself Zoom?

Edited by Happenstance

Anyone read Rebirth Superman #1?

Ziy654n.jpg

I absolutely loved it. Tomasi is such a great writer, his New 52 run on Batman & Robin was easily the best Bat-book for me and after reading this issue it's easy seeing why DC asked him to do Superman. There are obvious parallels between Bruce and Damien Wayne with Clark and his super son Jonathan.

The glowing blue palm on on the Kent's grave is to do with Doctor Manhattan, right? But it's Clark that makes the print. Maybe Ozymandias imbued this Superman with some of Manhattan's powers or something.

Yeah @Daft, I read it, Batman too, enjoyed them both... the poor cat! Haha

I was wondering why the handprint was glowing blue... I was thinking might Dr Manhattan be doing something with New 52 Clark in the grave?

"Gotham" & "Gotham Girl"...? Hmmm, where have these guys showed up from?!

Looking forward to the next Flash issue mostly though.

Edited by Kav

Just read:

17D1E9F7-CE31-42D8-AE7C-E8F59F508D83_zps12wqt1zt.png

Just how many bloody Flashes are there now?! Haha

Just read Batman Rebirth #2. I love how badass Batman is!

Now for Supes, Spiderman (2015) and Iron Man (2015).

Just read Batman Rebirth #2. I love how badass Batman is!

Now for Supes, Spiderman (2015) and Iron Man (2015).

I'm really looking forward to reading Superman and Justice League this week.

I'm really looking forward to reading Superman and Justice League this week.

Superman and Justice League were alright. I enjoyed them but didn't think them particularly great. Just tone-setting really I think.

Spider-Man was good, as was Iron Man. I'm looking forward to Civil War II kicking off!

Superman and Justice League were alright. I enjoyed them but didn't think them particularly great. Just tone-setting really I think.

Spider-Man was good, as was Iron Man. I'm looking forward to Civil War II kicking off!

Civil War II is already onto its second issue (or third counting #0)

Civil War II is already onto its second issue (or third counting #0)