NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Yeah, I'm pretty sure marketing made a call on the name. Jason Aaron has been absolutely blindingly brilliant on Thor though, so I'm willing to trust him.

how does everyone feel about Marvel killing Wolverine?

I love wolverine, and aren't exactly happy he'd being killed off when other boring/overused characters survive.....of course with this being a comic death he'll probably be back, just like Jean Grey

^^ Just more MARVEL bullshit.

I should definitely read Aaron's Thor. Was the Tanarus (sp) arc his?

I've got Waid's Daredevil on my Amazon wishlist, might add Aaron's Thors to it.

Tanarus was Fraction

Aaron's run has been immense, you should definitely read it Rez, and yeah Waid's Daredevil is damn good too

I see Marvel are announcing another book tonight on the Colbert Report wonder if it'll be anything as interesting.

Okay I've added Aarons Thor and Remenders Captain America to my wishlist. Will get Thor soooon.

SO Steve Rogers is once again stepping out of the role as Captain America and Sam Wilson, aka The Falcon will be becoming the new Captain....

SamWilsonFalcon640.jpg

So The Falcon becoming Captain America..... is anyone else thinking they should rename him....

Captain Falcon for a laugh :D

6-Captain-Falcon.jpg

Of the recent changes at Marvel i the most happy with that! Falcon is a great Character and Sam will make a brilliant Cap

The female Thor is weird..... they take his power and name? I'm all for someone claiming Mjolinor and taking Thor's powers and role in the universe...but the claiming his name part is odd. With everyone else who claims a hero's mantel they've become a Hero who's identity was not the same as the Hero, in this instance Thor is Thor an asguardian....Its like Rodey becoming Iron Man and claiming the name Tony Stark too...seems a little off

And Superior Iron Man worries me, Otto Octavious as Superior Spiderman was an obvious reason for why he took a darker path a more calculated path...With Tony/Iron Man, moving to San Francisco and taking a darker path (and he's not had a mind swap) seems like changing a characters own persona...admittedly i'm speculating and i'd need to read the story to find out what's going on, but i fear its suddenly going to be an Iron Man with a new Agenda that he will kill for in a cold calculated way that will be out of his current character (a little)

Finally started getting back into buying trades again. Got these last week and probably gonna order some more once ive been paid next week. Im thinking the All New X-Men ones and maybe a couple of event trades that I need.

517vb4gAGML._.jpg51BVwQDKUTL._.jpg51E2ESdsQEL._.jpg

51LtFWrj6UL._.jpg61vtmNjJWyL._.jpg51UEGmBnMGL._.jpg

Does anyone know why DC take so goddamn fucking long to release trades? IMAGE release a trade as soon as all the singles are released, MARVEL take a few months, but DC?! SIX months. And that's if there isn't a hardcover version in which case, if you're waiting for the TPB, it's a whole year.

I got so tired of waiting for Earth 2 to come out in TPB that I 'acquired' the whole thing digitally. I'll buy them in TPB when they finally do get released but seriously, WTF?! There's an Earth 2 weekly about to start in October and if you aren't reading the singles they DC are basically giving you two middle fingers.

DC do take too long. Its still because they consider single issues to be the main income so they want to give as much time for them to sell as possible before people have an alternative. Makes me glad I dont read any of their new stuff anymore so any stories I want to get should already be in trade (if its still in print though which is a whole other complaint).

I can't imagine it's a good idea. It makes jumping on to events really hard, ridiculously impractical. I can only read so many on-goings.

Currently I still pick up Aquaman, Batman & Robin, Wonder Woman, Futures End but like you started to lean way more toward trades and Image are so great with their releases that I'm picking up a lot of comics I wouldn't bothered to pick up as singles. I'd pick up way more DC comics if they were available in trade asap.

Why do DC make it so hard to like them...

Speaking of trades, you read Thor Vol 1 and Vol 2? God Butcher/Godbomb?

Yeah they've done a couple of those comic Humble Bundles now. I havent actually got any from it yet though as even though DRM-free is arguably better, I'd still prefer to keep all my digital comics in the one place, which at the moment for me is my Comixology account.

The last issue of The Wake is out today. I'm SOOOO excited. I've already pre-ordered the hardcover.

I always have a bit of trouble with Rick Rememders stuff. It seems like its probably good at the time but I almost feel like he is a better overall story writer than single issues. I need to go back and get some of the trades for the stuff I struggled with when I was reading it issue by issue.

Two of my trades just arrived. I read Children's Crusade as it was coming out so I know thats good but I'm looking forward to reading the Guardians trade. I only started reading those with Bendis' books but have heard that this 2008 series is great.

I had to laugh at Bendis' answer to this Powers question:

anonymous said:

If I own an xbox, will I still be able to watch Powers?

brianmichaelbendis answered:

After your Xbox breaks down and/ or you realize that there are only five games to play on it you will buy a PlayStation and there will be… the powers TV show :-)