NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

I'll be getting USM and All New Ultimates then the first issue of Ultimate FF just to see what its like.

I have just realised that will be a new #1 for Spider-Man. I cannot....I cannot tell you how much I despise MARVEL's renumbering shenanigans. It has become a pathetic parody for itself.

Also, looks like Peter Parker is returning around April. Excited for that, and to see what happens to Superior.

Also, there was some AMAZING stuff announced at Image Expo yesterday.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50171

Yeah I saw some stuff about Amazing Spider-Man coming back so people thinking Peter will be back as well (Shocking that it will happen the same year as Amazing Spider-Man 2 comes out!). I'll probably give it a shot but as Dan Slott is still going to be writing it im not all that interested. I dont like the guys writing or what ive read from him on a personal level so it doesnt really inspire me to grab his books.

Interesting. What's wrong with him on a personal level? I don't think I've really seen much. The thing that I love about his writing is;

- Feels fresh, despite the comic having been going for 60 years.

- Uses obscure characters.

- Uses a range of diversity.

- Not just X villain wants to do X to Spidey and so theres a fight.

Interesting. What's wrong with him on a personal level? I don't think I've really seen much. The thing that I love about his writing is;

- Feels fresh, despite the comic having been going for 60 years.

- Uses obscure characters.

- Uses a range of diversity.

- Not just X villain wants to do X to Spidey and so theres a fight.

He just seems to turn up in various comic forums and argue with people for stupid things. One time I saw him start bitching to someone simply because they were writing predictions on what they thought would happen in the Spider-Man books that year.

As for his writing. I found that I can usually read his bigger event type stuff ok but anything in between is dull as hell so I would much rather have a more consistent writer on the book who's work I could enjoy all the time.

I see Wally West is finally being reintroduced in The Flash Annual #3 this year. Might have to actually pick it up to see what they do with him, probably be my only DC book this year.

Nightwing, JLA, Suicide Squad, Superman Unchained And Teen Titans Cancelled cancelled.

nightwing.jpg?9098e0

NIGHTWING #30

Written by JAMES TYNION IV

Art by MEGHAN HETRICK

Cover by EDDY BARROWS

1:25 MAD Variant cover

On sale APRIL 9 • 40 pg, FC, $3.99 US • RATED T • FINAL ISSUE

Retailers: This issue will ship with two covers. Please see the order form for more information.

The Bat Family is forced to face the brutal aftermath of FOREVER EVIL, but after everything they’ve been through, can they stand together?

It really sounds like DC are going kill off Dick Grayson. :hmm:

DC April Solicitations:

SG-Cv30-324e9.jpg

[/center]

Edited by Dante

Superman unchained is cancelled? good i'm sick of my comic shop trying to get me to buy one because they can't shift it!

Maybe i should have been reading forever evil since its now obviously going to affect batman

Superman Unchained was always going to be a limited run. I have no idea why anyone thought/said/expected otherwise. It's a Snyder/Lee arc and that's why it's the only Superman comic out right now of any note. Without them it's just another boring Superman comic.

I'm going to have to buy Forever Evil in trade because I can't keep up with singles.

Super chuffed Aquaman is getting another on-going.

aquaman.jpg

Also, loving the look of this.

Actually, they initially said it was 9 issues, THEN they said they have changed it to an ongoing and now they've gone back to saying its 9 issues (which I'm happy about because I intended to cancel anyway).

I loved issue 1, best Superman comic I have read, and since issue 2/3 I've thought its been pretty shit!

Justice League 3000 is absolutely hilarious. I really recommend everyone check out the first two issues.I love that Superman can't accept he doesn't have the ability to fly, and nihilist Flash is great.

I haven't read it yet but I did see you praising it on Facebook so I'm looking forward to it. I've still been a bit men on Invincible since the end of the war. Not disliking it at all but not loving it like I used to either.

I haven't read it yet but I did see you praising it on Facebook so I'm looking forward to it. I've still been a bit men on Invincible since the end of the war. Not disliking it at all but not loving it like I used to either.

I imagine that you'll really like this issue. I've seen other people say it's the best issue since the War and I think that's probably really hard to disagree with.

Let me know when you've read it, because I have one very minor theory about a throwaway line, and I want to discuss....all of it.

Ok i read it. Apart from the usual gorgeous visuals it didnt do anything to change my current feelings on the series unfortunately. What was the throwaway line you mentioned and your theory about it?

Vince saying "Are you clairvoyant now?" - Very mildly have a hunch that the way it was put in there might be a hint and that her sprog has some kind of power, because she did say she had a bad feeling about it, rather than simply not wanting him to go.

Also, do you think that it's possible that

Angstrom could still be alive.

Getting your face/head cut off would, I assume, usually kill you purely because your brain no longer functions to the rest of your body. His brain(s)stuff is still in tact (all down his back and shoulders), so technically speaking he could still be alive? He could drown on his blood, but....I dunno...like...I'm probably clutching at straws.

One thing I really like though is the almost mirror imaged story of

Angstrom turning good (albeit in the space of a few issues) and Robot turning bad.

I'm surprised you didn't think it was particularly great. I thought it had good dialogue, nice mix of arguments and cool reveals and of course the crazy actual events. If that issue doesn't change your feelings on it, I don't know what would!

Im not sure we should read too much into the clairvoyant line but who knows I guess.

I wouldnt count Angstrom out just yet, it seemed a bit of a quick and easy end for a villain as big as him.

I think it might be a problem I have with Kirkman and getting burnt out on him. I dont read the Walking Dead anymore, I was getting bored of Astounding Wolf-Man by the end and now Invincible.

Last week I read Thor The God Butcher and Godbomb. I absolutely loved them. Seriously epic. Is it worth pic king up the next TPB?

Image are doing a Humble Bundle for the next 2 weeks

Pay what you want for vol 1 of East of West, Lazarus, Morning Glories and Fatale

Beat the average for the above and vol 1 of Chew, Revival and Saga

Break $15 get the above plus vol 1 and 20 of The Walking Dead

really good deal http://www.humblebundle.com/

Started reading East of West last week. It's fucking ace.

Thor will become a Woman

http://marvel.com/news/comics/2014/7/15/22875/marvel_proudly_presents_thor#ixzz37YOrAgTe

Or rather Thor will lose his powers and a new female hero will become worthy of Mjölnir and become the new Thor.

Seems like this could be not a temp move (pending I guess how well it goes with fans)

“This is not She-Thor. This is not Lady Thor. This is not Thorita. This is THOR. This is the THOR of the Marvel Universe. But it’s unlike any Thor we’ve ever seen before.”

Kinda weird that she gets the Thor name. Its not like you get Odin's name if you become king of Asgard and its not like Thor was named Thor when he was given Mjölnir.