Four Batman.

Four Action Comics.

Four Superman.

Three Flash.

Two Aquaman.

Four Justice League.

2 Earth 2.

well no DC books in September for me

Anything to attempt to shake up the dull DC universe at the moment is a positive for me so I'll probably read the books.

More Aquaman and Flash is always good. This should be the norm for them, though. Not Batman though, I love him but he can take his Bat-family and fuck off.

Interesting interview with Paul Jenkins about the problems writers are having with editors these days. The Marvel stuff seems to be personal stuff with the editors and problems with the rise of events and Disney buying them while the DC stuff is about the editorial cluster fuck that company seems to be these days from all the other accounts we've been hearing.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/05/the-bullying-of-creators-paul-jenkins-talks-about-leaving-dc-and-marvel-for-boom/

Edited by Happenstance

yeah Happenstance, those editorial changes causing creators to jump ship are my main reason for dropping so many DC books. JH Williams not being given a Villains Month book is another example. Marvel don't seem to be as bad in that sense, but the double monthly shipping on a lot of titles is something I don't like.

@Daft Joe Mad is on Savage Wolverine for an arc starting tomorrow in case you didn't know :)

Any of you still reading the Injustice Gods Among Us comics? Ive just caught up with the last few issues and Im still really enjoying it. This and the Smallville season 11 comic feel like some of the only places left where I get to read good stories about DC characters anymore.

What am I actually reading at the moment?

All-New X-Men (bit behind though)

Uncanny X-Men

FF

Avengers

Earth 2

And buying the Wonder Woman trades as they come out. Vol.3 isnt until September so yaaaaaawn.

I bought Superman Unchained 1 too. I read a lot digitally these days cause it's easier and I like having a comic to read on lunch at work, and I can only do that on my phone atm.

"Injustice's" Tom Taylor takes over "Earth 2" in October:

Since James Robinson's abrupt announcement of his departure from DC Comics last month, fans have wondered who would take over the writing chores on "Earth 2" moving forward. Today, the publisher announced via MTV Geek, that writer Tom Taylor will shepherd the alternate Earth comic starting with October's "Earth 2" #17. Taylor is best known for his recent work on the "Injustice: Gods Among Us" digital series, fleshing out the backstory behind the video game of the same name. Regular "Earth 2" artist Nicola Scott remains with the series following Robinson's final issue.

"I'm a big fan of what James and Nicola have created so far with Earth 2, and I'm honored to be adding to this world, with its rich characters and its many mysteries," Taylor said in a statement. "Earth 2 is entering a new age, and I'm thrilled to usher in this new age with my good friend, and fellow Australian, Nicola Scott. It was good of DC Comics to give Australia our own Earth to play with. We'll try not to wreck the joint."

It's currently unknown whether Taylor will follow through with the master plan Robinson stated he had during his CBR TV WonderCon 2013 interview, but DC's tapping of the writer for "Earth 2" makes a lot of sense considering the popularity of his "Injustice" series. The print version of "Injustice: Gods Among Us" #5 clocked in as the 89th top-selling book in May, outselling DC's regular issues of "Justice League Dark," "Catwoman Annual" #1, "Superboy," "Birds of Prey," and many more.

DC announced "Superman/Wonder Woman" for October.

Today, DC announced that October will see the launch of "Superman/Wonder Woman" -- a new monthly series starring the DC Universe's latest power couple written by "Swamp Thing's" Charles Soule and drawn by Daniel.

1371487847.jpg&w=250

DC announced "Justice League: 3000" for October.

Keith Giffen, JM DeMatteis and Kevin Maguire may still be best known as the team who brought the funny to DC Comics' "Justice League," but their future is looking a bit more adventurous.

Today, the publisher revealed exclusively to CBR News that the team behind the 1986 "Bwahaha" relaunch of the world's premier superteam will reunite this fall for "Justice League 3000" -- an ongoing series chronicling future renditions of the DCU's big guns.

The book will feature versions of Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and the Flash as redesigned by artist Howard Porter, presumably taking the iconic heroes one millennium ahead of where we are now. And while the creative team on the book doubtlessly have comedy chops, touches from a militaristic Superman to a mace-wielding Wonder Woman hint that "Justice League 3000" will take up the torch of the creators more serious adventure stories -- of which many were included in their original JL run.

Just finished reading We3 yesterday, pretty cool little miniseries by Grant Morrison. ^^

Justice League 3000 looks amaze.

image65.jpg?f6a06b

More specifically, that Green Lantern looks rad as fuck.

While I don't read Justice League regularly, Superman at all and am behind on Wonder Woman, I just kinda hate all the images we have of Clark/Diana together. She just always seems to look a bit..weedy. Compare it to the cover Chiang drew for a cover of WW kissing Apollo (obviously there was a point to this one, but I love it):

ww12.jpg

Age of Ultron #10 out today. Its been such a weird series. Started interestingly but took too long for anything to happen, took a weird shift in the middle and then just started to feel a bit pointless. I dont really know what the point of this event was, what story they were actually trying to tell and I guess issue 10 is going to have to be a pretty good one if its going to convince me that it was worth it after all.

One thing though is that it does feel like its probably a set up for yet another event with:

Alternate Tony talking about the damage Wolverine was doing by time traveling. If that isnt addressed in issue 10 then it seems like that'll be the next event where time breaks.

You can really tell, at least for the first group of issues that this was written a year or so ago then shelved. So much old characterization and seeing as the story hasnt been great, it seems like it should have stayed on the shelf to me.

Ok then, just finished reading it. Pretty much as disappointing as I expected, only one interesting thing came out of it for me.

The Galactus/Ultimate Universe crossover seems like it should be interesting, I always like a good Galactus story. The rest of it though just felt like a jumbled mess which once again just had no point to it.

wild-blue-yonder-1-cover-c.jpg?w=592

Everyone go pick up the first issue of Wild Blue Yonder from IDW. It's brilliant and also a perfect compliment to The Wake from Vertigo, which I also highly recommend (Scott Snyder, being fantastic again).

Edited by Daft

Watching the first episode right now. Its not too bad actually. CGI might be a little off putting to some but I'm used to this style because of the GL show.

I'll have a watch but it really seems like they are trying to make Wayne look asian with his lips and (frankly speaking) oriental eyes on the costume.

I'm a big fan of the GL show and feel that both Timm's design and the animation really did a lot for it but from the trailer this looks like the CGI clip of a Batman game. The textures and material use is bleurgh... reminds me of some of the weak bits of Transformers Prime.

He doesn't sound Asian. Alfred has the most annoying cockney accent I've heard in cartoons. The soundtrack was top notch aswell, the Pyg theme reminded me of the Ritchie Sherlock Holmes movie OST's.

So just watched Justice League Flashpoint Paradox... not half bad. Not as good as Batman Year One or Under the Red Hood but yeah :-)

Man I thought the Year One animated feature was pretty average. I have the bluray for Flashpoint on the way so I have no issue about downloading it so I did, fantastic stuff. Pretty fecking graphic though. I think its up there with Wonder Woman, Red Hood, JL: Crisis and the TDKR features.

Interesting to note that the next DC animated feature is based on the first New52 JL story.

It does make me wonder if stuff like Young Justice was at least partially cancelled because they wanted to distance themselves further from the old (better) DC universe and use the Flashpoint movie to shift everything over.

Just watching Flashpoint now, I really hate the art style and character designs.

Two new DC Animated movies have been announced. Son of Batman, not surprisingly based on the Son of Batman arc that introduced Damian Wayne and Assault on Arkham which apparently will be based on the Arkham Asylum video game story.