NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Did you guys hear the rumours about Age Of Ultron?

Rumour is a DC character is going to MARVEL.

Kryptonie laced Scarecrow gas?

Thats fucking amazing not lame.

Please take Hal Jordan.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Worst Of The Worst: The 'Injustice: Gods Among Us' Prequel Is The Dumbest Comic You'll Read All Year

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/19/injustice-gods-among-us-comic-review-dc/

I'm flabbergasted.

I love it. It's perfectly melodramatic, at times poignant and also hilarious. In short, it's a riot. I hate how people can't get past the premise. As far as using Lois and 'women' as a prop...well, whatever, go channel your proto-intellectualism somewhere else. He didn't just lose Lois, he lost his home - the city that is basically an extension of his identity. He lost his unborn child too, forgot that one. In terms of hitting Superman where it hurts...well I can't quite think of anything quite as efficient or cruel.

I really dislike Wonder Woman in it, though. She's just amazingly out of character. I might have believed it if Kara/Supergirl was the one nudging Superman along, maybe pushing some line about building a better world but Wonder Woman? I cannot buy her blood-lust. That jars immensely for me...but whatever, I can deal for one alternate universe.

Also, the number of people who say 'it sucks but it's fun', can go cram it. Don't apologize for liking something.

Also, the number of people who say 'it sucks but it's fun', can go cram it. Don't apologize for liking something.

The music is awful, in the most brilliant way possible. I love it.

Lilllllllllllt.

Don't use my own words to prove me wrong. I lie 100% of the time. Even now I'm lying. Though, not that last sentence...maybe. That music is awful, though.

Also...is Wally West...appearing in Age of Ultron?

I just saw the solicited cover. The mask is Flash-y.

What are the details of Age of Ultron? How many issues are out? Should I get it?

Not necessarily "get" but maybe "obtain".

Its alternate universeish I THINK.

And yeah.....Hank Pym or is it actually Flash. Interesting.

comics-age-of-ultron-preview.jpg

Flash should be in every comic. I mean literally.

Why do you think it's a DC character. It could be about a billion other Disney owned characters.

I think Sony should start publishing an Infamous line of comics. I'd read the shit out of that.

I really dislike Wonder Woman in it, though. She's just amazingly out of character. I might have believed it if Kara/Supergirl was the one nudging Superman along, maybe pushing some line about building a better world but Wonder Woman? I cannot buy her blood-lust. That jars immensely for me...but whatever, I can deal for one alternate universe.

Maybe her mind is not her own? I do find it odd that's shes doing this because she wants to bed him which is the impression I got from the last issue.

My girlfriend got me Batman: Knightfall Vol 1-2-3 for my birthday last week. I'm looking very much forward to reading them!

Damian is still alive in the Injustice universe. If he's in the game I'd love the mini-Batman costume from the Batman & Robin Annual.

Yeah.

Well. Its kinda cool. I like the concept. But....Angela? Sorry, who?

I would care more if I gave a shit about Spawn/Angela.

So Joshua Hale Fialkov left Green Lantern books because DC wanted kill "John Stewart" to cut down on Earth Lanterns. :blank:

Edit - "I understand that both the editorial input for both Fialkov’s books, and fellow walker-outer Andy Diggle‘s Action Comics, were in direct contradiction of the promises made at the DC Creative Summit by Dan DiDio, backed by Diane Nelson, that once an overview of an arc had been greenlit by editorial, it wouldn’t be changed by editorial. One creator told me that the promised lasted four days."

Four days!!

Edited by Dante

As im back I figured id let you guys know where I currently am with comics.

At the moment im pretty much burnt out on both Marvel and DC. I havent really enjoyed much from either since their two big relaunches. Probably the only comics from them I still read and enjoy are Ultimate Spider-Man, New X-Men and Smallville. Maybe Batgirl as well.

Justice League and Justice League Unlimited have been added to US Netflix. I know what I'll be watching for quite a while.

Injustice #12

What is Wonder Woman's problem? I've never disliked the character so much.

I've not read #12 yet but she's a right bitch in this, like she has a small planet wedged up her ass. I'm hoping she's being mind controlled or something.

Age of Ultron has been such a slow moving event. I know Bendis tends to be known for that but this feels worse than usual.

I agree. It's very good at showing the aftermath of destroyed cities but in 4 issues not a lot has happened.

:)