NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

I am behindddd. A week. Its annoying. Will pick up tomorrow - Guarding the Globe was out last week and Invincible is out this week, then hopefully we'll get #85 and #86 three to four weeks apart, then #87 soon after that then hopefully we'll have at least upto about #90 on a delay free schedule, and it will continue to be win.

Jeez man, get on some Marvel! :p

P.S. I have been reading this week and nearly finished "The Last Days of American Crime".

A bit phenomenal. Razor sharp dialogue. If they do the adaptation justice it will be the coolest movie of the decade. Including last decade. :p

Yeah I will end up moving to Marvel at some point. Just with the DC reboot has represented a good jumping on point and also I always loved Batman cos of the films and cartoons...

Anyway what is the name of this new spiderman with the non-peter parker batman.

It's Ultimate Spider-Man and looks like this

2006928-ultimate_spider_man_v2011__1__2011_11____page_1_large.jpg

(and not this)

44573-7257-51619-1-ultimate-spider-man_super.jpg

It's also completely amazing.

It's Ultimate Spider-Man and looks like this

2006928-ultimate_spider_man_v2011__1__2011_11____page_1_large.jpg

(and not this)

44573-7257-51619-1-ultimate-spider-man_super.jpg

It's also completely amazing.

ok cheers. I will try and look and see if it's on comixology.

I'm out the loop again! Uni has been busy and it's so annoying just setting aside time to read stuff on my laptop screen...now I'm home for a week I'll catch up. Still not read a lot of the DC no.2's...most recent Marvel thing I read is Ultimate Spidey 3.

Just finished Spider-Island. What an event! Epic story, great character work, fantastic plot, great action. It had everything and, frankly, put Fear Itself to shame.

LOVED Invincible this week. Letters column says next 3 issuesare 3 weeks gap each!

Can I just ask you, what more does invincible offer than teen gets powers and the usual reaction that brings. Cos from the first episode that's all I get from it.

Can I just ask you, what more does invincible offer than teen gets powers and the usual reaction that brings. Cos from the first episode that's all I get from it.

ReZ will have a rant about this, but I'll toss in my two cents.

It's consistently fantastic once it gets going. Think it's issue 7 that's the 'big un' - you realise it's not your typical comicbook thing.

Everyone says the same thing about the start, but then everyone says the same thing about what comes after the first few chapters. :D

You'll love it.

Anyway what is the name of this new spiderman with the non-peter parker batman.

this new spiderman with the non-peter parker batman.

the non-peter parker batman.

batman.

Why didn't anybody else pick up on this??

ReZ will have a rant about this, but I'll toss in my two cents.

It's consistently fantastic once it gets going. Think it's issue 7 that's the 'big un' - you realise it's not your typical comicbook thing.

Everyone says the same thing about the start, but then everyone says the same thing about what comes after the first few chapters. :D

You'll love it.

Precisely.

Invincible does not do cliches whatsoever. And have you ever seen a Superman cover where Superman looks as fucked up as this....

Invincible_63_cover_by_WyA.jpg

Thats a three issue (ish) 1v1 fight.

Why didn't anybody else pick up on this??

hahaha....

Anyway I picked up the first issue to read over the weekend plus #2 of aquaman and justice league.

Where do I find out what DC solicits were out yesterday?

Last month The Source released a list for the month but they don't seem to have done it this month.

Went into my local comic shop today and they finally had a copy of the 52 Vol.4 trade. Been looking for it for ages so ive now finally got all of them. Gonna have to re-read the entire lot now I think.

8178_400x600.jpg

Pretty much, yeah.

To expand on my post above

Love it! I was wondering about the status quo following the war and this looks like it. The big change! if Mark is changing his role to a more global force, it explains a lot. I think we'll see Bulletproof become Invincible soon, with Mark adopting a whole new persona and role. Question is, is he a benign dictator? Is he any different from the Viltriumites? I mean, what will they have to say on the subject? Iiiiiiiiiiinteresting times.

Has anyone read Fear Itself 7.1 then? Pretty important issue actually:

As it shows that Bucky did infact survive and they faked his death. All this leading into a new Winter Soldier series.

Bought it but havn't read it yet....can probably guess what happens though, THANKS COMIC BOOK RESOURCES! [/sarcasm]

Just wanted to say, massively enjoyed Animal man, its super hero horror at its best, that artist whose name I can't remember is an amazing detailed drawer!

Spider-man epilogue was a tad disappointing with the whole relationship aspect, ah well.

Still got Animal Man and Swamp Thing to read.

Action Comics #3 was very good.

Stormwatch #3 was okay. Looking forward to #4 but I dunno, #3 was a bit 'I want more'. I was tired when I read it so that was probably part of the problem.

Also Detective Comics has gotten better. I enjoyed #3.

I decided not to pick up Red Lanterns #3. I'm a bit bored of the Lantern-verse. But I may change my mind next week.