NEurope
Mr_Odwin

Comic Book Discussion Issue #2

Yeah, I was chatting to the guy in Forbidden Planet and he was like 'If you haven't read it already, read Animal Man', then we had a chat about how good it was, the old series etc etc and he mentioned they were getting a second printing.

I'm a fan of comics especially Marvel. I've collected every series of the X-men way back.. Now I'm tuned to Manga.. Now I'm collecting every Naruto Shippuden series. Anyone here likes Manga? I also have every episode of Naruto,since his childhood until the recent.

Woah! Ultimate Spider-Man was pretty much incredible, right? Shows what Bendis can really do when he's on form. I've been getting a bit frustrated with his style on Avengers but this was perfect. I think it kind of demonstrates that he's more suited to solo books and it'd be best if he moved that way in Marvel as a whole.

Loved Miles, loved his family, loved the sheer contrast of it all. Loved that last page. Hell of an ending!

Just read Superboy. Loved it. Felt like the most substantial book yet. So much better than the last ongoing.

Also read Demon Knights. Was cool but don't think I'm going to pick anymore up.

Superboy the sociopath? Was glorious.

Also, Red's bit about where the human DNA came from. Dramatic irony ftw.

Plus, the last page, he looks piiiiiiissed. Joy. It was ominous. I loved it.

Also liked Silva's art, although that may be because Pier Gallo's art on the previous Superboy ongoing was the worst shit I've ever seen.

Yeah I liked the Superboy characterisation and some of the tricks they pulled, but a lot of it was meh too. Hoping the good stuff outweighs the meh overall.

the bit in Kansas was great, actually. The more I think about it the better / funnier it gets.

the bit in Kansas was great, actually. The more I think about it the better / funnier it gets.

Just read Grifter. Dire. I swear the story is just a way lamer version of Resurrection Man's #1.

Also read Green Lantern. I loved 50% of it. That's the 50% of it that Hal Jordan isn't in it. Seriously, every time it cut to him I stopped caring and just went into a blank stare. He's a gimp. I can't think of anyone so tragically boring as him. Really on the fence with this. I'll give it another issue, maybe.

Edited by Daft
Automerged Doublepost

Why is no one reading Suicide Squad, but reading shyt like Grifter?

Lleh ot og lla nac uoy.

I tried to buy SS but it was sold out in FP and Comicana. My brother has ordered it for me.

Weird recommendation: Fear Itself: The Monkey King #1

Absolutely fantastic. Introduces a new character from the Iron Fist / Immortal Weapons crew, a great back story, fun characters, great art, wicked powers and giant monkeys. Read eeeeeeeit. I'm hoping it'll launch a mini at least.

Why is no one reading Suicide Squad, but reading shyt like Grifter?

Lleh ot og lla nac uoy.

I read both, I got Grifter as I like the writer's (Nathan Edmondson) creator owned stuff at Image, granted the story didn't explain anything about the character and wasn't a great standalone issue I'm prepared to give it another issue before deciding on it.

Suicide Squad was pretty good, I was apprehensive after Secret Six got dropped, but I thought the first issue was pretty decent, gave a introduction to all the characters and set us up for the next issue, it did suffer a bit from having several artists, but that should be solved for issue #2 (hopefully)

I had to finish the story arc. I hate cliffhangers. I need closure. Always.

Just read Ultimate X-Men #1. Pretty good start so far but like with a lot of Ultimate first issues theres a lot of exposition. Not necessarily a bad thing though as nearly all the first Ultimate arcs have been some of the best stories for decades. Im glad to see Peter was mentioned straight away, didnt want them to just forget about that time in Kitty, Bobby and Johnny's lifes. I never read the comic where the rest of these teenage mutants are so I cant really comment on them, I just get who one of them is through the conversation they had.

Looking forward to reading more though.

So Wonder Woman #1.

A massive fuck yes from me. While the writing isn't spectacular the art and the general story is. I have very little to compare it against so I don't know what everyone else is going to think but so far this is exactly what I hoped for.

WW living in London was a nice nod to Flashpoint.

Just read Schism 4, ended amazingly, it all fits in to place.

Scott just pushed it too far bringing jean into it, he didn't have to

I really cannot see a way out of this to be honest. The Schism is leading to essentially a split that will never mend.

Schism #4. Im still not enjoying this, it just feels like a forced reason to split up all the X-Men. Also, when was Prelude to Schism supposed to fit into all this, its not really making much sense

Nightwing #1. Dialogue felt a bit clunky at time but I enjoyed this book. Could have used more of a reason that he went back to being Nightwing though.

Supergirl #1. Felt very short but another one ive enjoyed. They seemed to get Kara's confusion down well with whats happening and where she is. Should pick up a lot more next issue though.

Wonder Woman #1. Quite enjoyed this first issue. For one she finally feels like Wonder Woman again for the first time in quite a while but also the last time I properly read Wonder Woman she was back to being a secret agent so ive never really read her in some good myth stuff.

Batman #1. Im actually suprised now much I enjoyed this. Ive been a bit burnt out with Batman for a year or so now, only really enjoying other batfamily member books like Red Robin or Batgirl but I actually enjoyed reading both Batman and Bruce Wayne in this and thought there was good dialogue between him and his "sons". I also really liked the art, its not a style id usually go for but there seemed to be a nice change from Bruce Wayne to Batman, adding a more gritty feel when needed. My only complaint would be the size of Dick Grayson compared to Bruce, he seemed way too small, especially if he's been Batman for the past year and people believed it.

Schism is great! Proper dramatic issue this time - he' got both of their voices nailed.

Holy extended foreplay/sex scene in Catwoman 1! Has there ever been such an 'explicit' sex scene involving Batman? Is the last page meant to be them actually having sex? It could be/makes sense with the captions and their poses.

Was Catwoman any good, though? I decided against getting it because it looked a bit naff.

I would have bought it but the cheesecake cover put me off.

I enjoyed it, wasn't bad at all. The art is technically GORGEOUS, certainly one of the best looking new 52 books. Sure it flashes boobs ALL THE TIME but it's done tastefully/their bodies are in proportion/there's a range of female body-types represented. It's worth a read.