NEurope
Dante

Persona 4: The Golden

Been playing this since today, it's really quite a nice step up from P3P. I like how it's more fleshed out in the dungeon exploring department, and it's nice being able to walk around. :)

The music in this is really good too, as is Persona creation (knowing everything you an actually make now is so much simpler). Slight downside seems to be that SP runs out quickly, at least at the beginning of the game and healing is manual so far. Also the main character has a fuck off size katana yet wields it with all the range of a butter knife making it really quite irritating to backstab enemies on the map.

The music is actually starting to grate me, not in the dungeons but the main song. Its awful, like a Dreamcast sonic game.

The music is actually starting to grate me, not in the dungeons but the main song. Its awful, like a Dreamcast sonic game.

Main song? There's lots of themes when you aren't in the dungeon, so I don't know what you mean.

I never found the music to grate, ever, just so damn good that I always sing along with it. :D

All the main songs. After 20+ hours the novelty wears off. Plus I can't make out a word they singing.

The music in the game is brilliant. It's one of my favourite things.

All the main songs. After 20+ hours the novelty wears off. Plus I can't make out a word they singing.

Each to their own.

I personally love them. ^_^

The music is awful, in the most brilliant way possible. I love it.

This game sounds perfect for me. Wish I could play it without buying a £170 paperweight...

This game sounds perfect for me. Wish I could play it without buying a £170 paperweight...

It's £139 now with a game (LBP/All Stars) and the system rocks, even if there aren't loads of games on it yet.

Persona 4 Golden is pretty much the perfect RPG, it's amazing.

The main reason I'm put off the Vita is because of how things went with the PSP. Revised models came out all the time. Like buying a phone, I'd feel like I was buying a console in the middle of its life cycle and that a better one would be announced as soon as I lay down the cash.

Edit: where can you get a Vita for that price, and does it come with a memory card?

Edited by Shorty

Revisions are a pretty standard part of electronics, though. At least with the Vita you know they're not going to improve on the screen or the power.

Revisions are a pretty standard part of electronics, though. At least with the Vita you know they're not going to improve on the screen or the power.

Yeah. With the PSP it was really quite heavy in its initial model, as was the original DS (which also had no backlight. I'm sure they could improve stuff on the Vita but it's pretty damn good to begin with.

Was watching some funny YouTube videos but somehow I ended up watching some videos about this game, then I watched some trailers and gameplay footage and then finally, this opening:

This game looks bloody awesome.

Started my New Game+ on this the other day. One of my favourite ever games I'd say. Im looking forward to finally getting Persona 4 Arena in May and carrying on the story.

Was watching some funny YouTube videos but somehow I ended up watching some videos about this game, then I watched some trailers and gameplay footage and then finally, this opening:

This game looks bloody awesome.

I often leave the game on to watch the intro for like the 20th time. Probably one of my favourite intros - the music is so catchy! Especially the part when they're all driving their mopeds.

I finished this game a few days ago and it's easily one of my favourite ever games. It improves so much on P3P, which had way too many floors to the dungeon and suffered from repetition. Could easily play a few more sequels made in this format.

After a long hiatus from the game, I've come back.

And I remember what I was doing last: Starting to grind :D I want to defeat an optional boss...don't know its name. Some kind of clown/king fucker who can wipe out my team in one blow.

I think I'm finally near the end of the main game, what with the investigation team social link up to level 9 and the following dungeon being such an important minor character, however I believe there are a few extra months depending on the ending you get?

however I believe there are a few extra months depending on the ending you get?

Won't there always be extra months/dungeons? Isn't that the 'Golden' extra? Not sure..

Since all my saves (cloud and on Vita) are fucked up again..I had to start...again.

Rushed through the story, skipping all the dialogues, not even thinking about planning my days. Now I'm back where I was before.

Took me 8 hours :D

The good/true ending route is only three-ish weeks longer, but Golden adds another month on top of that.

In the last two days I've played for 11 hours. I'm officially addicted.

...Kanji. Weird dungeon, weird dialogues. But fun.

And I defeated an optional boss. The one in Yukiko's castle. Contrarian King.

Had to do a lot of grinding. Was level 27 when I beat him.

Now it's time to socialize. :D

Cant be bothered to dredge up the old Persona 3 Portable thread so I'll just post this here. I finally completed the game this morning after months of stopping and starting play. Its a shame that I played 4 first I think, 3 is still great but i love the setting and characters from 4 so much that none of the stuff in 3 really lived up to it for me.

Still though I thought it was a great game and I will probably buy FES in a couple of weeks so I can play it again sometimes. The PSP version was good enough but I did feel like I was missing something without all the animations and proper cutscenes.

Anyway now I just need to complete Arena then I'm probably going to get back to my new game plus on Golden. I'm on a Persona high at the moment.

I refuse to get Arena till I finish Golden, to be fair I'm in the last dungeon of the main game so I might get it within a month.

EDIT: Well shit, The final boss is brutal, get to phase 2 of the fight and he murders me.

Edited by Emerald Emblem