NEurope
Dante

Persona 4: The Golden

Can only the main character switch personas?

Yep! He's special. But he can't be that special, because everyone in your party could change personas in the PS1 games. :heh:

I actually found Persona 4 harder near the beginning, if it makes you feel any better. Once you start to get some good personas and don't have to worry about running out of SP as much, it gets a lot easier.

Clocked in six and a half hours. Absolutely love it. SP points is my bottle neck at the moment.

Yeah, found being the only person who can switch personas is annoying.

Meh, changing everyone's personas to the best set-up at the start of every battle would be a huge pain. And I think their personas keep up pretty well, so being able to change their personas outside battle would be pretty useless. It's only when you end up facing a boss with a character that has the wrong weakness that it's an issue, and then you still have three other characters to make up for it.

You should have played Persona 3: FES. The final boss in The Answer (the super hard and super sucky epilogue) reflected all physical attacks, and of course I'd brought a character who had nothing but physical attacks. This was back when you couldn't even control the rest of your party yourself, so he ended up killing himself over and over again until I just left him rotting on the ground.

This game is amazing.

The first day I can do whatever I like has begun and I entered the dungeon, of course :D

Is there any disadvantage to sending SOS signals? Been doing that and helping others pretty much after every battle.

Meh, changing everyone's personas to the best set-up at the start of every battle would be a huge pain.

This is a good point and also reminds me, I have all my party on full manual. Does anyone else? Or do you guys just let the computer do what they want?

In P3P I controlled them all. Need to get round to playing this, had it for a while (US version) just haven't opened it. I think because I completed P3P not too long ago that I am sorta bracing myself. P3P was a great game but by god, exploring the Tartarus becomes repetitive.

I still have nightmares about Tartarus, but the dungeons in Persona 4 are a lot better. They're actually visually distinct this time around, and you don't have to go through 10-15 nearly identical floors just to fight a generic boss with no real reward.

Man, I hate the Vita's battery life. I just wanna play this at every opportunity, I've gotten to:

Going with Yosuke and Kenji to Okina to pick up chicks, just started the contest

So much better than Persona 3 so far.

I still have nightmares about Tartarus, but the dungeons in Persona 4 are a lot better. They're actually visually distinct this time around, and you don't have to go through 10-15 nearly identical floors just to fight a generic boss with no real reward.

Awesome, that's good to hear.

Emerald I think the Vita battery is pretty decent, at least comparing it to the 3DS.

Just went through an hour of grinding in the first real dungeon only to have the game glitch out on me.

Visited the velvet room (hadn't saved beforehand, but how could I've known the game fucks up...) and after Igor told me about searching Personas it 'froze up'. No menu, just the three fucking assholes staring at me, music playing in the background.

Shit like this really puts me off playing a game, so right now I can't be bothered to go back, even though I know that I should.

Edit: The game was corrupted as it seems. Tried to start it again, couldn't get passed the "Connect to Network"-screen.

Deleted the content on the Vita. Now I have to start over...Don't know if I can do this again...the first 4 hours were horribly slow...

Edited by drahkon

Nope, retail copy.

Started again just now...gonna watch some TV while rushing through the first portion of the game.

Are you on Plus? I know it's too late now but you can cloud save...and I only found out the other day you have to upload your saves manually to the cloud in Content Manager, it doesn't do it automatically like on the PS3 which is fucking stupid. I lost my WipeOut data because I thought the system automatically backed it up when it didn't.

Are you on Plus? I know it's too late now but you can cloud save...

I am, but up until now I've never used cloud save. Didn't see the need to.

But I'll consider using it now.

My Arkham City save got corrupted once and my heart skipped a beat. It must have corrupted when it was loading because after replacing it with the cloud save version (which was the latest) it worked fine. All hail cloud saves...but, like I said, it's dumb that you have to do it manually with the Vita.

I activated the automatic update function on my PS3, the same function exists for the PSVita, as well.

Do I still have to upload the saves manually? If yes, how?

It's in the Content Manager app, the thing that allows you to transfer data between your Vita and PS3/PC. It's really easy to do, tick of the games you want uploaded and boom, they upload in one.

I'm 99% sure I have automatic update activated on my Vita but it doesn't include game save back up.

Been rushing through the first part of the game in two hours, using the 'skip function' almost at every chance.

Now I'm back where I was, or rather further into the game.

Improved some social links and am now on my second run through Yukiko's Castle. Might try to finish it, depending on how strong the monsters will get in higher floors.

This game is soooooo good.

This is definitely one of my favorite games ever. It somehow manages to be both upbeat and pretty serious without being annoying and - amazingly - not too melodramatic (within the context of the genre).

I wonder whats happening with Persona 5 on an off topic. P4 is a perfect game for the Vita, I'm sure it's unlikely with the crappy sales but I'd love to see the next one on the Vita, too.

Persona 5 will probably be on the PS3/360, as that's what Catherine was released on.

I'd love to see it on the Vita, though.

I had a weird real life Persona moment this morning when I was making breakfast and a fox jumped over the wall into the garden.

At the moment I'm finding information on Kanji. Came in the top 10 of the mid-term exams which I'm super pleased with. Hanging out with Daisuke and Kou is awesome.

Played this game back on the PS2 and LOOOOOOVED the hell out of it. Playing it now on the Vita and once again loving it so much. Everything about this game is pure amazing for the genre. It felt like I was reuniting with old friends again, man love it.

Brilliant characters, great visual style, fantastic soundtrack (that music, so good!) and a cool battle system.

Once this is over... I need Persona 5!

I attained the 6th party member yesterday, does anyone else wait till the rain starts before the fog before saving the character trapped in the other world?

I attained the 6th party member yesterday, does anyone else wait till the rain starts before the fog before saving the character trapped in the other world?

I usually do them ASAP, so I can spend the rest of the time S.linking people. :D