NEurope
Dante

Persona 4: The Golden

Gemantsu.com =

Persona 4 will see a re-release three years after its original launch. This time, it’s coming to PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Golden is an enhanced port for Sony’s new handheld, adding new characters, movie events, animated scenes, and more. It will include 1.5 times the amount of voice-overs seen in the PS2 version. Marie, voiced by Kana Hanazawa, is one of the new characters.

Out in Japan in spring 2012, it will utilize the “communications capabilities†of PlayStation Vita.

Persona 4: The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena

A bit more surprising is Persona 4 The Ultimate In Mayonaka Arena. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works for a 2D fighter that will be released first for arcades in Spring 2012, then for PS3 and Xbox 360 in Summer 2012. The game is being developed by the BlazBlue team.

The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena has a new story that takes place two yeas after the events of Persona 4. Characters from Persona 4 and Persona 3 will feature in the game.

Famitsu also has a few preliminary details on the next numbered entry in the series, Persona 5. Basic preparations for the game's development have been completed, with the usual staff members in place. That includes Katsura Hashino as director, Shigenori Soejima as character designer, and Shouji Meguro as main composer.

Edited by Dante

A Vita release of Persona 4 was exactly what I was expecting the teaser site to be about. I'm relieved to hear that they're staying true to their word and not doing a FES version of the game. The Answer was terrible.

Maybe by the time this is released I'll be able to afford a Vita and have the motivation to replay the game.

I just wish they'd do these remakes on PSN or re-release them on PS3. Ive no intention of buying a PSP or Vita and even though i'll probably get another PS2 in the end so I can play them, id rather not.

Well at least there'll be Persona 5.

I just wish they'd do these remakes on PSN or re-release them on PS3. Ive no intention of buying a PSP or Vita and even though i'll probably get another PS2 in the end so I can play them, id rather not.

Screenshots:

gxoq86an4n9u61jasz4i8rpjjp.jpg

sv2ixcg98m5u478ojuv1m7ikr3.jpg

qrznu4qxg662me79lhox874je5.jpg

hyQsL.jpg

go5ckdrsc4nhas812igmjeskbg.jpg

bxqncal214nuxu269qi1y1r8ag.jpg

hrl12po3fpd31ky542n9bni891.jpg

lqh71k6mnqjvvzu28b1k2gxkza.jpg

Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka (Arcade, PS3, 360 Arc System Works/Atlus)

Screenshots:

pz9v9wlk5ae2qolt8jk9aeqazj.jpg

cwkr4az7xk3p7jzo9p35sqsy6j.jpg

jk2b46ulk4bphz25solcwulbrq.jpg

al38ts1xqmo6ghdw93599jfzri.jpg

jz6pqq5o6rx6siy55p5524raaz.jpg

ry3uwf3e3tsm6dfid1wbq9qx9l.jpg

mk4u235xp2crzshwa1trvgizyu.jpg

az2ao8w8tr1fqozmsew7mbzbps.jpg

wb8623gzn2disp63ctndknpb3u.jpg

wdeb6rpf33qqir96kmqv2rllch.jpg

The Vita is looking better and better. Don't really do handhelds so I'll probably give it a miss...but the desire is growing.

Cannot wait for these!! When I heard about the fighter from the BlazBlue team... well I just basically had to clean myself after :D

Persona 4: Golden is out today so I thought this thread deserved a bump.

Zavvi, once again, has failed to get a pre-order to me on time. They haven't even dispatched it! If they weren't so cheap, I'd just stop using them.

I only trust Amazon. I have been informed that it has arrived at home and is now in my living room.

I need to finish Ni No Kuni, though...

And Vanquish and start Sleeping Dogs. I really wish Plus had been about when I was a student.

@ReZourceman

Come on. You know you want some high school hijinks.

Maybe by the time this is released I'll be able to afford a Vita and have the motivation to replay the game.

Ah, well. One of two isn't so bad.

Game arrived Wednesday for me. ShopTo you never let me down. :D

I like it more than Persona 3 already (Played P3P).

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Definitely buying this. Just need to decide when.....

Tonight?

Really, you should already have bought it.

Yeah, Magnus is right. Why are you punishing yourself by not buying this?

Played an hour and am loving it. I only got to play random parts when I tested the PS2 version.

I'm so impressed with how much voice acting there is. Was it the same in the PS2 version? I swear it wasn't. Mr Morooka is a tool. :heh:

That's pretty much how I felt when I played Persona 3: FES. "Man, there's so much voice acting!"

... And then I got past the opening story and moved on to the daily grind of social links and dungeon crawling, and then nothing was voice acted anymore.

But Golden apparently has 1.5 as much voice acting as the original version, so that sounds pretty good! (And Persona 4 already had more voice acting than Persona 3!)

Started the game yesterday. Could only manage 30 minutes of play time, though.

Hopefully I can sink more time in later today.

Yeah, that sounds awful.

Never mind, ReZ. Maybe you shouldn't get it after all.

It is if you're sticking around on a specific version to make use of unofficial features.

After 2 and a half hours the game finally gets into a good rhythm.

But..

It almost destroyed me. Had to revive Yosuke 3 fucking times...

Can only the main character switch personas?