NEurope
Ashley

Now You Can Tag Users

Not to be rude, but how the fuck do you turn off the notifications? The idea is pretty good and I certainly do like the idea, but is there a choice in the matter for being notified?

Sorry Ashley, but it's very annoying. :P

So you like the idea but you don't want it?

Bloody woman's logic :heh:

Hmm, yeah, annoying that I get notified when a post I'm tagged in is quoted to, even though it has nothing to do with me.

I like the new feature but I support being able to turn it off in your options if it annoys you.

So you like the idea but you don't want it?

Bloody woman's logic :heh:

I like the new feature but I support being able to turn it off in your options if it annoys you.

That was something I was trying to say, I was tired and stress - shush!

:P

Just don't click notifications. It quite easy to avoid if it's annoying.

Just don't click notifications. It quite easy to avoid if it's annoying.

Maybe I'm being really slow, but 1. I didn't click it in the first place and 2. I can't seem to find it to un-click it? :(

I think he just means that you can choose not to click on the notifications when you receive them.

Doesn't really stop them from piling up, though.

Not to be rude, but how the fuck do you turn off the notifications? The idea is pretty good and I certainly do like the idea, but is there a choice in the matter for being notified?

Sorry Ashley, but it's very annoying. :P

I agree (I've got the right thread now Ashley! :D) When I see notifications I like to think it's something important like a PM. But no, I find someone has quoted me in a topic I posted in earlier that day and already intended to check the topic later that day.

Is is possible to make the notification disappear when you have read the quote or tag? Most of them, totalling two, I already knew what post it would probably be without checking the notification, I just went straight to the thread through "new posts" like I always do. Most of the time I'll probably be quoted in the threads I'm active in anyway making it a bit pointless.

Hmm you know what as I'm away for the next few days with work/a wedding (and I'll be sans laptop) maybe some people could be so kind as to do the leg work for me. The mod is here - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=242734

You won't be able to see the code but if anyone wants to look through and see if they can find an answer to these questions (opt in/out, automatically knowing that you've seen it) then I would be much appreciated.

But if not don't expect answers until next week :heh:

Oh, annoying social networking features!

@LAMEEEEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEEMEMFKWNMFliojksngfdolrgnedrgnrlgnriugdrghdrpigdrugbndgbngbnoignhrigrgnrogbng

Also what happens if you tag someone multiple times?

We should test this.

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

@ReZourceman

Just one I am afraid.

Hmm you know what as I'm away for the next few days with work/a wedding

What Ash meant to add there is; "And Fresh is in charge, obey minions."

[sometime later upon Ashleys return]

But, but, but... Ashley... I promise you this battle-station will be fully operational.

Edited by Fresh

I'm getting the alerts sometimes half an hour after I've read the quote... no clarity on if/how to turn this boyo off then?

Also, can you mention someone in a PM to someone else? Would they still see it? Just interested to know :P

What would happen if someone edited a quote into a post after they'd made it? Just something I just did, then wondered if it still notifies.

The whole editing and mentions does intrigue me so I just edit'd Peep's post into above as a quote, maybe he'll let us know if he gets notified? Plus it made me chuckle :)

Edited by Rummy

Also, can you mention someone in a PM to someone else? Would they still see it? Just interested to know :P

Now there's a feature I want. It would hopefully prevent people from talking about me behind my back.

It would have to be automatic, of course.

What would happen if someone edited a quote into a post after they'd made it? Just something I just did, then wondered if it still notifies.

The whole editing and mentions does intrigue me so I just edit'd Peep's post into above as a quote, maybe he'll let us know if he gets notified? Plus it made me chuckle :)

I got notified :)

Ah that's good then cheers! Sometimes I forget to quote people until after I've posted.

Ah that's good then cheers! Sometimes I forget to quote people until after I've posted.

Did you get notified of the PM I sent to Peeps?

Why would you think that would work? You realise the 'P' stands for 'private' yes? Even if you were notified you wouldn't have permission to see it.

I think we should have permission to read other people's PMs.

Mine would stay private, of course.