NEurope
Ashley

Now You Can Tag Users

An idea proposed by @Charlie. An idea originally by (I want to say) Twitter (but probably elsewhere first) then stole by Facebook. Tagging users so they know when they've been mentioned.

You have two ways of doing it. By adding a @ before a username or using the [noparse][mention][/noparse] tag (mention.png) You do need to use one of these two ways, as it would be Daft if it worked just typing in a name ;)

You should get notified if it works (tested for me by @Raining_again thanks!) in the 'your notifications' area in the top right whereby you receive PM and VM notifications.

I believe you can tag users for a whole thread too. Yes you can, I've just done it up there. Not entirely sure why that's an additional option (as tagging a user would alert them to a thread anyway).

Let me know if you want it sans underscore as that can easily be changed. Same with the thread tagging as I think its a bit redundant but if people do/don't like it let me know.

As always any problems let me know.

Ummmm possibly. I haven't looked too much into the script but I can do if you want. However I'd imagine you'd still have to type it (or use [noparse][mention][/noparse]) because otherwise every time someone talked about doing something daft, or the RE4 character Ashley or a companion cube we'd have some very annoyed members.

Again if people could let me know if they agree with @MoogleViper

Yeah I imagined haven't to still type it in, but I just think in the post it looks messy personally.

Yeah I imagined haven't to still type it in, but I just think in the post it looks messy personally.

I agree with this. Its a cool feature but the forum ain't Twitter, so it doesn't look right.

Can it be done so people are notified if quoted in a post (instead)?

I agree with this. Its a cool feature but the forum ain't Twitter, so it doesn't look right.

That's already the case.

But sometimes you want to just mention someone in other ways (for instance "I met up with suchasuch today")

I was notified of this post. (And I assume you will be notified of this one.)

Until ReZ goes crazy and tags us in 50billion posts across the board.

We need to make sure that @ReZourceman never sees this thread.

That's already the case.

I was notified of this post. (And I assume you will be notified of this one.)

Wait...that can be done?

The @ certainly is ugly though, but it is the underline that draws attention (and let's us know its a link).

Was just about to ask what it was. Nice addition although I agree with @MoogleViper.

Can you make them BB tags instead? So for example, [@]MoogleViper[/@] (therefore adding the functionality withouth the @ showing up)?

Was just about to ask what it was. Nice addition although I agree with @MoogleViper.

Can you make them BB tags instead? So for example, [@]MoogleViper[/@] (therefore adding the functionality withouth the @ showing up)?

The BB Tag is [ Mention]. And I like it how it is - having to type out the BB Code every time would be annoying.

Edited by Cube

Well then, 2 options, either give us both options, for those who care how their posts look ;), or have the @ disappear automatically, but they you have to deal with people who occasionally may want to put a visible @ in front of someone’s name.

You get notified when your posts are quoted? Since when, and where?

You'll never know...

You get notified when your posts are quoted? Since when, and where?

Since now, motherfucker!

As someone who checks every thread anyway, I don't look forward to getting a ton of notifications every time I say something wise.

Which, let's face it, is pretty much all the time.

As someone who checks every thread anyway, I don't look forward to getting a ton of notifications every time I say something wise.

I was thinking about this. Is there a user option to turn off the notifications? I personally quite like them but could see it getting frustrating later on down the line. :heh:

If there's not, no biggie!

@Magnus

Double notification win.

Not to be rude, but how the fuck do you turn off the notifications? The idea is pretty good and I certainly do like the idea, but is there a choice in the matter for being notified?

Sorry Ashley, but it's very annoying. :P